Arsenal 2021-22: The Youth Movement

shadow_operative

Props to Arteta for tweaking the lineup starting with Chelsea, bringing in Elneny to partner Xhaka in midfield and giving Eddie a chance upfront.  That partnership has worked really well the past two matches, and Nketiah has banged in three in two.

Edited by Dutch

Was it ugly? Do I care? 

NOPE. Three points without Ben White, both centerhalfs on the scoresheet, and back into 4th. ARSENAL ARSENAL ARSENAL!

Remaining fixtures: 

Chelsea, 66pts: Wolves (H), Leeds (A), Leicester (H), Watford (H). Hard to see them dropping many points. But then again, I thought they wouldn’t today. They’re quietly getting dragged into the 4th battle.

The Arsenal 63pts +13GD : Leeds (H), Tottenham (A), Newcastle United (A), Everton (H). Cannot, Cannot, CANNOT lose the NLD. 

Sh*t, 61pts +20GD: Liverpool (A), Arsenal (H), Burnley (H), Norwich City (A). Pool are fighting for the title and Burnley are fighting to avoid relegation. 

Edited by Dutch

Ødegaard for £30m (less after sales) is looking damn good business. Elneny and Nketiah have played really well since Arteta put them in the XI. Add that Tomi is back, and we’re playing well at the right time. 

We’ve won the league at WHL; would be nice to clinch 4th there, too. That said, I’d gladly take a draw. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dutch said:

Ødegaard for £30m (less after sales) is looking damn good business. Elneny and Nketiah have played really well since Arteta put them in the XI. Add that Tomi is back, and we’re playing well at the right time. 

We’ve won the league at WHL; would be nice to clinch 4th there, too. That said, I’d gladly take a draw. 

we essentially got Ode for Joe Willock + £5m. unreal business. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

El Neny in his current form has impressed me more that Partey.  He works  very well with Xhaka. 

early Partey, sure. but he has really come into form before his injury. Partey is definitely a class above Mo, but man el Neny has done a great job filling in. 

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Which Arsenal team will show up, I wonder.

The wrong one. 

what a kick in the nuts. The optimist in me says everything is still in our hands. Beat Newcastle and Everton, and we’re  in the Champions League. The realist in me, sadly, expects us to drop points in one or both of those matches.

We are in desperate need of a world class No9. 

This week's edition of Red Card or No Red Card:

Elbowing someone in the head:  Red Card or No Red Card?

Ref thought process:

Does he play for Arsenal? No? Then No Red Card.

Edited by Dutch
  • Rage+1 1

The rot clearly hasn’t been cleared from the club. Season on the line and we roll that out there? That’s Newcastle not Real Madrid. Arteta has some blame but the players? Where the hell is their fortitude and pride?

Sad things is…I’m not surprised. 

• Hook 'Em 1