Arsenal 2021-22: The Youth Movement

shadow_operative

that's a penalty. i don't know why the announcer kept saying, "i think he gets the ball." he DID get the ball, but he did it *after* he took out Laca's leg. that's a penalty all day. shouts out to Oliver and Pawson for taking the time to get it right.

also, of course Emi saved that. i had a feeling he would. he's such a monster on penalties, one of the best in the world. great rebound by Auba, although Emi nearly saved that one too! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

that's a penalty. i don't know why the announcer kept saying, "i think he gets the ball." he DID get the ball, but he did it *after* he took out Laca's leg. that's a penalty all day. shouts out to Oliver and Pawson for taking the time to get it right.

Given how brutally hard VAR and the officiating have fucked us the past two years, I’m actually honestly surprised they called. As cut-and-dried a penalty as that. 

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

the pressing and energy levels today were awesome. we definitely need to see more of that going forward. 

2 hours ago, dbecks said:

Awesome result today. Despite their place in the table, Villa is sneaky good.

Would’ve liked to get the clean sheet, but I’ll take the 3 points any day of the week. COYG!

Yep and yep. Laca esp had a nice match; hopefully his issue is fitness related and nothing more serious. 

Three points! Nervy at times, but three points. Weathered an almighty Leicester storm.

Aaron Motherfucking Ramsdale. What. A. Match. Future England #1. Gabriel and White, rocks at the back. Tomi with another great shift. Thomas and Sambi, confident in midfield. ESR with another.

GOYG!!! Fucking Come On!!! 🔴

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

62b256b509db88cd1b5952ae093100aa.jpg

A bit of a humblebrag, I know. But had to share. Talked the missus into an extended layover in London on our European honeymoon. COYG!

This is awesome btw. The Arsenal America folks are great, they helped me get a last minute ticket to Emirates a couple years ago when I had the opportunity to be passing through London.

One - Nil to The Arsenal. I’ll take it. Perhaps we could have been a bit sharper upfront to make the dominant stretches at the start of each half payoff, but the defense (outside of a potential howler one-off from Ramsdale) looked solid. Watford rarely threatened. Definitely improved over last season. 

We gave the field a nine-point and -10 goal difference head start. Since…20 points from 24, level on GD, and we’re definitely on the up.

COYG!!!

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 1