Eddie Reese is no longer retiring!

BurntOrange&White

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

this is one of those hires where DeLoss is thinking "fuck I am glad I already retired and Del has to make this hire"

since I am clearly not an expert on NCAA Men's Swimming coaches I think you do the simple thing and look to see who has won a shit load recently....well that is Cal and that is about it....and Cal has a (surprising for Cal) setup where their men's had coach is the director of swimming and also over women's swimming.....perhaps Texas needs to send chris plodsky over there to file a lawsuit and fuck shit all up for them...

I guess Texas could try the wheelbarrow of cash technique, but who knows if that will work.....there is the aspect where Cal gets to travel to the ACC or perhaps to "conference meets in dallas" and perhaps their coach is not interested in all that bullshit and the SEC SEC SEC is pretty damn strong in swimming and diving......but who knows

and the two Men's assistants that were both hired in 2022 are also involved in the Women's program.....one of them was pretty shit hot at Auburn in the 90s, but looking at his resume it looks like he burns out on coaching and instead likes to "oversee" things and be an administrator or he likes to coach, but not have the headache of answering for overall performance

this might be the toughest replacement that any college AD has ever had to make in terms of trying to keep even slightly similar success going

PS Thanks Coach Reese you are a legend

• Hook 'Em 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2023 at 8:50 PM, ButtFumble said:

this is one of those hires where DeLoss is thinking "fuck I am glad I already retired and Del has to make this hire"

since I am clearly not an expert on NCAA Men's Swimming coaches I think you do the simple thing and look to see who has won a shit load recently....well that is Cal and that is about it....and Cal has a (surprising for Cal) setup where their men's had coach is the director of swimming and also over women's swimming.....perhaps Texas needs to send chris plodsky over there to file a lawsuit and fuck shit all up for them...

I guess Texas could try the wheelbarrow of cash technique, but who knows if that will work.....there is the aspect where Cal gets to travel to the ACC or perhaps to "conference meets in dallas" and perhaps their coach is not interested in all that bullshit and the SEC SEC SEC is pretty damn strong in swimming and diving......but who knows

and the two Men's assistants that were both hired in 2022 are also involved in the Women's program.....one of them was pretty shit hot at Auburn in the 90s, but looking at his resume it looks like he burns out on coaching and instead likes to "oversee" things and be an administrator or he likes to coach, but not have the headache of answering for overall performance

this might be the toughest replacement that any college AD has ever had to make in terms of trying to keep even slightly similar success going

PS Thanks Coach Reese you are a legend

Do you just ask Coach Reese who to hire? Is anyone going to know better? 

• Hook 'Em 1