2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

It was rough watching him play this year. The new OC tried to play him more traditionally at TE and he looked really out of place. He did much better under Sark. 

It was rough watching him last night.  Mouth piece always hanging out (nothing says ready for physical contact like no mouth piece) and whiffing on both technique and effort on numerous blocks.   

Slightly off topic but last night I flipped to the Jimbo film room thing for about 2 min as they were coming back from halftime. An ESPN guy was asking Jimbo what the teams needed to do in the 2nd half. No joke, Jimbo said multiple times that Bama needed to get the ball to #19 (Billingsley, a TE). So on brand.

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Slightly off topic but last night I flipped to the Jimbo film room thing for about 2 min as they were coming back from halftime. An ESPN guy was asking Jimbo what the teams needed to do in the 2nd half. No joke, Jimbo said multiple times that Bama needed to get the ball to #19 (Billingsley, a TE). So on brand.

I tried watching that but I could not understand a fucking word that man was saying

• Haha 2

Per Georgia boards, they’re expected to lose some talented players to the portal, potentially even a starter or two. I’m not very familiar with their boards, so I’m not sure which names to give credence, but Burton and Washington are mentioned

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Didn’t CTJ say like 4 days ago to be from Missouri on any talk about Sanders to the portal? Don’t recall anyone saying the staff thought he was a lock.

2 hours ago, MoJames said:

OH OH that means show me

Dear Nata Lee, 

We are all from Missouri.  

- Signed,

Everyone on Surly

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Fwiw Sanders, Billingsley, and Tommy Brown were all 2nd string for Bama. King was not on the final two-deep that I see

At least with Sanders, that's not worth a whole lot to me. Dallas Turner is an absolute, bona fide freak, no real shame in being behind that dude on the depth chart. 

Now that I watched film, I know we’re not in a position to really be picky and the one I want isn’t even in the portal but I’d rather much have Earle, just seems like an electric playmaker with the ball in his hands…

Don't get me wrong though Williams would still be a great get 

TFB on Sanders

Alabama LB Drew Sanders has officially entered his name into the Transfer Portal.

I am told that as of right now, Sanders plans to look closely at Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Texas.

For those not familiar, Sanders is a former 5-Star recruit that was at one point committed to Oklahoma to play Offense. He flipped to Alabama and made 3 starts this past season before a hand injury ended his season.

Sanders will have three years of eligibility remaining wherever he decides to play his college ball next.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

What do our Surly insiders say about the staff's thoughts on these transfers?   We the people need to get irrationally upset at the staff for something that might or might not have ever been said.

Maybe you should read the thread before taking shots at posters who have been around for decades. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

What do our Surly insiders say about the staff's thoughts on these transfers?   We the people need to get irrationally upset at the staff for something that might or might not have ever been said.

I’d say your post count and post to rep ratio is about what we all expected. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 4

So Arkansas is going to take a bunch of our players because they know how to tamper and our staff is so dumb they can’t stop it, if our staff says we got him then we don’t have him because they suck at closing, and our defense should be roughly 124-125ish next year based on how dumb PK is. Sweet. 
Uh Oh Oops GIF by Mammoth Screen

lulz 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)