2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

7 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

It seems to me that this would probably mean that the coaches thought Casey was the better bet to win the next game, not that they think that Card doesn't have or won't have what it takes sometime in the future.  If they think he will never have the right stuff he probably wouldn't still be here.

Never is a strong word. And him still being here in that case is not exactly a ringing endorsement. 

To me--and although I have no evidence for this I'm sure the coaches must feel the same way--the thing that currently makes me most doubtful of Card's future is his mixture of great athleticism and piss-poor scrambling running ability. Even if he's taking sacks and missing throws, I would have a bunch more confidence is he's torching teams for 10 yards at a time running and showing off some athleticism. 

His ability to turn wide-open 10 yard running lanes into nail biting 2-yard gains was flabbergasting. Sees defender 10 yards away and turns straight into the sideline, no pump fakes, no jukes, no COD, no head fakes, no cuts. Never seen anything like it from a "dual threat" QB with viable traits. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Define “on the record.” I’d you are looking for it in print, no obviously you will not find a coaching staff shitting all over a current player on their roster. 

Exactly why I doubted it was a published, verifiable characterization. That makes it less than a fact but not necessarily untrue.

I don't read all the threads, and I recognize there are people here who are plugged in. I never saw the account(s) to which some have referred. Frankly the whole "it" thing is pretty vague in itself.

I'm just not ruling out that Card could still be a QB for us. I'm not getting any more affirmative than that. He had a shaky start, no doubt.

6 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

If they think he will never have the right stuff he probably wouldn't still be here.

College teams keep marginal players around all the time if they'll make better backups than whatever walkon (or Charles Wright) is behind them.

Players don't usually portal to be a backup somewhere else, so there's a value in a guy who is at least kind of athletic and will say for the season.

Outside of Bijan and Worthy if our coaches aren’t telling recruits the position they play is currently bereft of proven talent and in many cases currently played by fucksticks then the coaches are doing it wrong.  

Hopefully Sark is telling Card to his face that he has zero mental toughness and has shown no ability to handle the speed of the college game. Sark should say it’s nut cutting time and that he fucking plans to bring in five stars at the QB spot every year and that Card can fuck or walk. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Chili dog said:

You olds have terrible taste in women. Y’all would fuck a dude with some big ass titties. No judgement.

That's a strong observation coming from the generation that manufactures titties and surgically implants them. 

12 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

LOL. So the coaches are telling people that they don't believe the QB they might have to rely on to win games next year can do so?

You've said a lot of stupid shit over they years but this is some of the stupidest. 

Even if they thought it, they wouldn't tell anybody outside their offices. 

"Outside their offices." Huh. There's an interesting choice of words,  right there. As if the coaching staff, support staff, graphics department, media department, nutrition staff, and general athletic department folks don't all share some small confines and/or overlap and interact with regularity. And folks DO talk to each other. And some of those folks talk to other people. Man, what do you think all of that encompasses? Couple hundred people maybe? All of them either working "inside the offices" or regularly interacting with folks that do? Odd, it doesn't seem that far fetched to me. 

And that doesn't even include boosters, which, hmm, I can't imagine a situation where suddenly myself and others here would have increased access to boosters who can dial up and call the athletic director whenever they want...yeah, those guys don't talk either. 

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Exactly why I doubted it was a published, verifiable characterization. That makes it less than a fact but not necessarily untrue.

I don't read all the threads, and I recognize there are people here who are plugged in. I never saw the account(s) to which some have referred. Frankly the whole "it" thing is pretty vague in itself.

I'm just not ruling out that Card could still be a QB for us. I'm not getting any more affirmative than that. He had a shaky start, no doubt.

I'm not ruling out card either, although I think the tea leaves have shown that dude's window is but a crack at this point. I'm just passing along what I've heard. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

"It" might be nebulous, but you know "it" when you see "it." Against all odds, Stetson Bennett has "it." Against all odds and then some, we might argue even Case McCoy had "it."

Perhaps Hudson Card also has "it," but not so far. If he's ever going to show he does, he'd best start getting on with "it." 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

"It" might be nebulous, but you know "it" when you see "it." Against all odds, Stetson Bennett has "it." Against all odds and then some, we might argue even Case McCoy had "it."

Perhaps Hudson Card also has "it," but not so far. If he's ever going to show he does, he'd best start getting on with "it." 

this needs at least ten more quotation marks

• Haha 1

Gerry asked a couple of college coaches about where three Texas targets will end up:

Mario - both picked USC

Mathis - Only one knew anything about this situation and he picked Texas

Sanders - One picked Arkansas the other picked 'Arkansas or Texas'.  Both agreed that all three of Texas, Arkansas, OU were in this recruitment.

Hudson Card shit the bed repeatedly when given ample opportunity to take the reins of leading the Texas football program on the field. He choked. He didn't just choke against Arkansas. I mean, the whole team and staff choked at Arkansas with one of the worst game plans on both sides of the ball in recent P5 history. So Card shit himself in that game and looked like a gaping vagina, but so did everyone else. No, Card pulled the same bitchass shit in other games.

Card's Kansas appearance sealed it for me. This is a guy that needs to not be in the spotlight. He'll look awesome after he transfers to Bum Fuck University. I expect nothing better if he's moved to WR. If you can't keep your shit together under the bright lights and crave the moment, it doesn't matter what position you're playing.

If they're going to be a big dog, they'll always bite you as a pup. That isn't Tiny Hands. 

The staff hyped the guy all summer. "He's got it all!" and then guys like Michael Huff were sprinting around to their neighbors claiming that Card "is a dude". Only one problem. Let's see how he handles the role between the lines on national tv. Whoops. He's not a dude, he's a dud. 

I'm sure @RomaVicta will dutifully keep us updated on his career as he sets school records leading New Mexico/Colorado State/Eastern Washington/UTSA to new heights and a solid 8-4 record in the WAC. I can't wait to hear the gentle sobbing coming in through the monitor as he and others lament not giving the guy 3 seasons of patience to hit his "ceiling" at Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Gerry asked a couple of college coaches about where three Texas targets will end up:

Mario - both picked USC

Sanders - One picked Arkansas the other picked 'Arkansas or Texas'.  Both agreed that all three of Texas, Arkansas, OU were in this recruitment.

image.gif.7b2597f4b927929fca14f7b025d9ccb1.gif

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hudson Card shit the bed repeatedly when given ample opportunity to take the reins of leading the Texas football program on the field. He choked. He didn't just choke against Arkansas. I mean, the whole team and staff choked at Arkansas with one of the worst game plans on both sides of the ball in recent P5 history. So Card shit himself in that game and looked like a gaping vagina, but so did everyone else. No, Card pulled the same bitchass shit in other games.

Card's Kansas appearance sealed it for me. This is a guy that needs to not be in the spotlight. He'll look awesome after he transfers to Bum Fuck University. I expect nothing better if he's moved to WR. If you can't keep your shit together under the bright lights and crave the moment, it doesn't matter what position you're playing.

If they're going to be a big dog, they'll always bite you as a pup. That isn't Tiny Hands. 

The staff hyped the guy all summer. "He's got it all!" and then guys like Michael Huff were sprinting around to their neighbors claiming that Card "is a dude". Only one problem. Let's see how he handles the role between the lines on national tv. Whoops. He's not a dude, he's a dud. 

I'm sure @RomaVicta will dutifully keep us updated on his career as he sets school records leading New Mexico/Colorado State/Eastern Washington/UTSA to new heights and a solid 8-4 record in the WAC. I can't wait to hear the gentle sobbing coming in through the monitor as he and others lament not giving the guy 3 seasons of patience to hit his "ceiling" at Texas. 

The above applies to you too, Greg.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Mario - both picked USC

On their recent video, Nahlin seemed more bullish than Bobby on the chances of getting Sanders.  But that could be the likely orange tinted glasses of whatever source he is relying on.

I keep forgetting how much of a presence Arkansas has in the DFW area.  Weird how that has become a thing.

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

If Hudson Card ever has to start another game for us, we're fucked

Well I mean maybe Quinn is just sitting out the first half after receiving a targeting penalty the previous week making a tackle after Card fumbled a pass across the middle. We might be okay.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Professor Chesney said:

On their recent video, Nahlin seemed more bullish than Bobby on the chances of getting Sanders.  But that could be the likely orange tinted glasses of whatever source he is relying on.

I keep forgetting how much of a presence Arkansas has in the DFW area.  Weird how that has become a thing.

Nahlin has been hinting at this transfer for awhile, so I think it is fair to say he has a decent source on the recruitment. He still maybe wrong, but I assume he at least as some evidence to base his opinion on. 

5 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

If Hudson Card ever has to start another game for us, we're fucked

Not that Roma needs help, but do think people are way to definitive on their opinion of Card, but that is the way the internet works. I have said I think he is mentally fragile, but that does not mean he will stay that way. That was a criticism of Peyton Manning at Tennessee (I am not comparing the 2). We can argue over the percentages, but it is not 100% Texas is fucked if Card starts. It is well over 50% in my opinion, but it is lower than 100%.  I believe that is what Roma is saying.                                                                                              

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

It's not that weird, imo. aTm let the SEC into Texas, and then aTm started playing a yearly game at JerryWorld with Arkansas. Big 12 starts sucking shit, and guess what Arkansas going to start getting some slices. I'm sure there are also a decent amount of Arkansas grads in DFW. Wal-mart can only employ about 50-65% of the "college" graduates from that state, so where else are they going to go?

6 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Nahlin has been hinting at this transfer for awhile, so I think it is fair to say he has a decent source on the recruitment. He still maybe wrong, but I assume he at least as some evidence to base his opinion on. 

What if I told you his evidence is likely the confidence coming from the staff thinking they nailed it? That or it's Kelvin Banks's coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

That's Nahlin's shtick.  He is overly confident on a prospect up until the last moment and then does an about face when they choose to go elsewhere (e.g. Banks over the Summer & Denver Harris at ESD)

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's not that weird, imo. aTm let the SEC into Texas, and then aTm started playing a yearly game at JerryWorld with Arkansas. Big 12 starts sucking shit, and guess what Arkansas going to start getting some slices. I'm sure there are also a decent amount of Arkansas grads in DFW. Wal-mart can only employ about 50-65% of the "college" graduates from that state, so where else are they going to go?

What if I told you his evidence is likely the confidence coming from the staff thinking they nailed it? That or it's Kelvin Banks's coach. 

Don't forget Jerrah's influence.  Also, it's a drivable school from DFW that kids who couldn't get into any of the TX State schools can easily get in to

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Don't forget Jerrah's influence.  Also, it's a drivable school from DFW that kids who couldn't get into any of the TX State schools can easily get in to

I mean, didn't I cover that when I said "I'm sure there are a decent amount of Arky grads in DFW because wal mart can't employ everyone?"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

A shit ton of Katy ISD kids have been going to Arkansas as well. I don't really have an explanation for it. 

19 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

With a daughter that attends Arkansas (no pics you heathens), I can vouch that like 50% of Arkansas students are from Texas - and it seems most of the ones we meet are from the frisco-mckinney-dallas triangle.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)