2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

1 minute ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Pay stubs?  WTF?  Just hold on to your 1099s.

Yeah, no shit. I'm sure Arkansas was running it through their payroll department and the pay stubs say "For professional services rendered" or something like that. I mean at least put together a good bullshit story.

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, no shit. I'm sure Arkansas was running it through their payroll department and the pay stubs say "For professional services rendered" or something like that. I mean at least put together a good bullshit story.

Whenever I had to pay my roommates money in  college, “services rendered”  always appeared in the memo line.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

This is either going to get incredibly interesting to watch play out, or turn into one of the most genius acts of trolling of all time.  Possibly both.

If he’s sleeping with that and changes his mind, do we really even want him?  He’s over in Arkansas getting swayed by Austin 2’s….   How fast did this get back to her parents you think?  I’m so glad I don’t have a daughter.  I’ve got a few friends that this might be their daughters soon. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Drool 1

42 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

?????? Need is to get faster and more mobile,  it bigger and slower 

That is my point. 6-5 240 linebackers are dinosaurs.  

Sanders has the size for Edge, but I don’t see the pass rushing skills on his highlights.   He might be able to develop them with his athleticism.  It’s not my suggestion that he plays linebacker. 

2 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Did I miss the pics somewhere?  I need to judge this for myself.

There’s a tiny pic in the post and unless she’s hiding a amazing body it doesn’t look great.  Looks more like drunk 40 year old hanging onto her youth than a hot college girl from what I can tell. 

Edited by Hook1997

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I posted this in the non-Texas 2022 thread, her twitter before getting ghosted was mostly Ole Miss stuff. Seems like your normal SEC shenanigans.

Makes sense they would have to bring in girls from Mississippi to sleep with their recruits.  All the arky girls are in committed relationships with their brothers or daddys.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Bamboozled73 said:

That is my point. 6-5 240 linebackers are dinosaurs.  

Sanders has the size for Edge, but I don’t see the pass rushing skills on his highlights.   He might be able to develop them with his athleticism.  It’s not my suggestion that he plays linebacker. 

Gotcha, misunderstood 

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

So the guy who started following a bunch of Arky people immediately after entering the portal ended up going to Arky? No tampering to see here!

Not saying that’s unusual, but clearly he knew where he was going

Not unlike the rumors of Billingsley weeks ago coming to Texas haha

• Hook 'Em 1

College football transfer portal rankings: Caleb Williams, Drew Sanders among best players available

By BRAD CRAWFORD  13 hrs ago

Here's an updated look at the 10 highest-rated players available in the portal who haven't yet committed to another program. Transfer ratings are in parenthesis next to each player. 

1. CALEB WILLIAMS, QB 

Overall rank: No. 1

Former school: Oklahoma

The word: Caleb Williams starred as a true freshman for then-Sooners head coach Lincoln Riley this fall, throwing for 1,912 yards and 21 touchdowns over the final eight games — including a three-score outing during Oklahoma's bowl win over Oregon. Shortly after Williams’ explained his decision on social media, former UCF quarterback Dillon Gabriel, who was committed to Chip Kelly and UCLA, said he was transferring to Oklahoma. The Sooners did not take long to fill the anticipated roster vacancy left by Williams.

2. JAXSON DART, QB 

Overall rank: No. 3

Former school: USC

The word: Jaxson Dart played in six games for USC this season following an injury to Kedon Slovis, throwing for 1,353 yards and nine touchdowns against five interceptions while completing 61.9% of his passes. Notes 247Sports' Clint Brewster, "had there been no Caleb Williams tea leaves, Dart would have been a terrific QB-of-the-future for the Trojans. He was given a 99 rating in the 247Sports transfer portal rankings, making him a five-star prospect and the No. 3 overall transfer prospect in 2022."

3. MEKHI WINGO, DL 

Overall rank: No. 10

Former school: Mizzou

The word: Mekhi Wingo — a three-star recruit in the Class of 2021 — was set to visit LSU this past Wednesday through Friday, Oklahoma Friday and Saturday and USC Sunday and Monday, according to 247Sports’ Carl Reed. During his true freshman season in Columbia, Missouri, Wingo combined for 27 tackles, one interception and one sack in 11 games (three starts). Wingo earned All-SEC Freshman honors for his performance.

4. DREW SANDERS, OLB 

Overall rank: No. 11

Former school: Alabama

The word: Drew Sanders, a former five-star, appeared in 12 games this season, making three starts but missed time due to a hand injury. BamaOnline's Charlie Potter notes that Sander saw his role decrease after Dallas Turner took over as the starting Sam linebacker. Turner stood out in last Monday night's College Football Playoff National Championship Game with two sacks.

5. JAHLEEL BILLINGSLEY, TE 

Overall rank: No. 14

Former school: Alabama

The word: Jahleel Billingsley was Alabama's sixth-leading receiver this season after a breakout campaign as a top target in 2020 at the tight end spot. He was one of several Alabama players to join Sanders and others in the transfer portal this week. Billingsley is a former four-star signee out of Chicago.

6. O'CYRUS TORRENCE, OL

Overall rank: No. 19

Former school: Louisiana

The word: One of several high-profile players who have entered the portal since head coach Billy Napier's departure to Florida, O'Cyrus Torrence is the top-available player at his position and is projected to sign with the Gators, according to his 247Sports Crystal Ball. Torrence was a difference-maker on the interior offensive line for Ragin' Cajuns.

7. TAJ HARRIS, WR 

Overall rank: No. 34

Former school: Syracuse 

The word: Taj Harris decommitted from Kentucky in December and has opened things back up in the new year. Harris was one of the ACC's most productive wide receivers during his three-year stint with the Orange, tallying 151 catches, 2,028 yards and 10 touchdowns. According to CatsPause, Harris was being pursued heavily by Ole Miss, Western Kentucky, Texas A&M, Mississippi State and Utah prior to his Wildcats decommitment.

8. JAXON PLAYER, DL 

Overall rank: No. 42

Former school: Tulsa

The word: Oklahoma State and TCU are two of five finalists for Jaxon Player, a bull rusher last season for the Golden Hurricanes who recently entered the portal. According to Horned Frog Blitz, Player was originally a three-star recruit in the 2018 class and ranked as the No. 98 defensive lineman in the nation, via the 247Sports Composite. He did not have any Power Five offers out of high school.

9. BRENDEN RICE, WR 

Overall rank: No. 46

Former school: Colorado 

The word: According to BuffStampede, Rice led the Buffaloes with 822 all-purpose yards, including 299 yards receiving and 54 yards rushing and was named honorable mention for Pac-12 Offensive Freshman Player of the Year honors this season. He had two 100-yard receiving games, against Arizona and Oregon. By averaging 27.6 yards on kickoff returns, Rice helped Colorado to a conference runner-up finish in the category during the regular season.

10. OCHAUN MATHIS, EDGE 

Overall rank:  No. 52

Former school: TCU

The word: Via Horned Frog Blitz, "the 6-foot-5, 257-pounder appeared in 38 games in his TCU career with 34 starts. After appearing in four games as a true freshman in 2018 and collecting 40 tackles with 2.5 sacks as a redshirt freshman in 2019, Mathis burst onto the scene with a huge sophomore campaign in 2020. That season Mathis finished with 9.0 sacks which ranked second in the Big 12 and his 14.0 tackles for loss ranked third in the conference. His nine sacks were the most since Mat Boesen recorded 11.5 in 2017."

4. DREW SANDERS, OLB      (Arky)

5. JAHLEEL BILLINGSLEY, TE    (TEXAS)

8. JAXON PLAYER, DL           (Baylor)

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Makes sense they would have to bring in girls from Mississippi to sleep with their recruits.  All the arky girls are in committed relationships with their brothers or daddys.

Or uncle.  There’s always an uncle.  

Edited by stork642
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I can’t remember whatever dismissive comment I made about Billingsley coming to Texas versus staying at Bama or going pro a few weeks ago on here, but it’s for sure gotta be idiotic gold. 

Sadly, the lack of confidence in them getting Neyor or Sanders seems merited though. 

Screenshot that one for posterity. The power of the burnt ends

7 hours ago, Getafix said:

wait for me running GIF by Wilder Harrier

image.thumb.png.601e076d890866dcae53b750a3e3a4eb.png

Mike Roach is Fucking embarrassing. I’ve never seen a human make a job look THIS hard

3 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

image.thumb.png.fde450a2fdae53003fd270332db86a8d.png

Certainty this is only arky centric and no one on Texas staff would ever be involved in something as vile as this 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, Helobious said:
Because if there’s one group of males that needs to use ugly prostitutes to get laid it’s D1 college football players.

You'd be surprised, remember Derrius Guice at swap tigah?

also from swamp tigah, 1st round playoff loser lael collins had a whale-shaped whore named throatzilla eat his dirty fat asshole and then didn’t pay her for it.

and that’s a true story. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Because if there’s one group of males that needs to use ugly prostitutes to get laid it’s D1 college football players.

It's not that. It's that the majority of these guys are teens with a badge to pound. They'll fuck anyone, anywhere.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, cafe society said:

I am loathe to refer back to sunshine pumping practice reports, but wasn't it reported by a few different people that Juan Davis has the best hands on the team?  If there is even a scintilla of truth here, perhaps Sanders finds his way back to defense.  Isn't Helm supposed to be the in line TE?

1) if this was true Juan Davis would have had more than 1 catch for 3 yards

2) Sanders has made it perfectly clear, many times - including on the Surly podcast, that he does not want to play defense

14 hours ago, cafe society said:

I am loathe to refer back to sunshine pumping practice reports, but wasn't it reported by a few different people that Juan Davis has the best hands on the team?  If there is even a scintilla of truth here, perhaps Sanders finds his way back to defense.  Isn't Helm supposed to be the in line TE?

I like Dominos. Pizza, and this theory.

9 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Screenshot that one for posterity. The power of the burnt ends

Mike Roach is Fucking embarrassing. I’ve never seen a human make a job look THIS hard

Certainty this is only arky centric and no one on Texas staff would ever be involved in something as vile as this 

Everyone made fun of EJ, and he had a lot of embarrassing takes (especially related to non-athletic topics), but he was light years better than Roach.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)