2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

21 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Second non-sequitur; the chicken and the peacock were historically both native to and domesticated in India/SE Asia.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S163106911000301X

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320419654_A_Review_on_Indian_Peafowl_Pavo_cristatus_Linnaeus_1758

Not to be missed by the commitment of Neyor...

This is @satyanash being as positive as Satyanash can be. Show some love.

• Haha 2

RedditCFB reactions from his earlier commitment are very positive: https://redd.it/rz6hay

"Tennessee fans should be happy with this. Neyor was the most talented individual on Wyoming's roster this season and I really don't get how he was a 2-star recruit."

"6’3 210 with 800 yards receiving and 12 TD’s as a RS frosh. Good get."

"Dude is an absolute fucking baller; y'all are getting a good one. He will be sorely missed. He was criminally underutilized/undertargeted until very recently, and was the biggest reason our passing offense finally came alive once he got involved. He can make mediocre QBs look like Tom Brady and has a catch radius the width of the fucking Grand Canyon."

"Does everything; inside, outside, jet sweeps, etc. However, he excels particularly on outside go routes because of his speed, catch radius, and insane ability to come down with contested balls. That's where most of his explosive plays are. He's a huge deep threat on the outside."

"He's easily the biggest part of what finally ignited our passing game after YEARS of being in the literal basement of FBS passing offenses."

• Hook 'Em 9

Ewers, Watts, Billingsley, Neyor.  Immediate starters at four positions of need. It's easy to focus on who we haven't landed, but overall the portal has been good to us this offseason, and we aren't done..

6 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

clearly a need based on how shitty our WR room is - but what is this guy's comparison or what role does he fit as a WR?

My highly educated opinion based on a few selected highlights on Twitter is that he's what we want Marcus Washington to be.  A very nice complimentary WR to Worthy.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 9

Ole Miss 247 on Dart. Nothing this am from OU or BYU

8:40 a.m. - David

***BYU, at least those who we pay to cover them for us, believe the Cougars are in the hunt for Jaxson Dart following yesterday's day-long visit. The think they are in the mix, for what it's worth. I spoke with two different Ole Miss sources this morning, both of whom believe, when the rubber hits the road, it will be the Rebels who present the best opportunity for Dart. We're all going to find out together, I believe.

7:45 a.m. - David

***Our sources are still holding serve with Jaxson Dart right now. He has obviously spent time on the BYU campus as of yesterday, but we are not putting any program ahead of the Rebels right now. We do believe Ole Miss is in the mix for Dart. So, too, is Oklahoma and BYU and perhaps likely even USC at this point. All of a sudden, what was set to be a mild recruitment, has a ton of ramifications here. In a perfect world, Caleb Williams goes to USC, Jaxson Dart to Ole Miss, OU has its QB and they grow them on trees at BYU. And everyone is happy. We are plugged in. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I like Marion's social media activity but anyone else think he could use a small lesson in what NOT to post? DM'ing randos about recruits, posting current players' earnings...

But awesome get on Neyor!

Like @deech said, this guy just got to campus after coaching the best receiver in the FBS and has already done more than the last coach that was here for years. I don't get it all, but that guy is working, so let him work, and you worry about shit that is in your wheelhouse. If it ain't broke...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I bet pulling that one up felt gooooooooooooooooooooooooood. 

You realize that was just as applicable yesterday or the day before when he announced he was going to visit, right?

Yeah but it doesn’t land as well if there’s a visit but he still signs with Tenn or ole miss. 

I’m actually happier that I was able to use the search function to actually find the post I was thinking of.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah but it doesn’t land as well if there’s a visit but he still signs with Tenn or ole miss. 

I’m actually happier that I was able to use the search function to actually find the post I was thinking of.  

Congrats. That shit is hit or miss on a good day. 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Good to see you're still alive, fatkid. Two of my boys have gotten into Dragon Ball-Z or whatever the fuck it is called. While I was listening to them argue about it the other day, I remembered you and some other dorks arguing about it a few months ago on one of these threads and thought "Christ, how am I going to keep these two dorks from turning into fatkid?" Good times. 

"Or whatever the fuck it is called," it's totally fine to know the name of the 15th biggest media franchise in the world, nothing embarrassing about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

clearly a need based on how shitty our WR room is - but what is this guy's comparison or what role does he fit as a WR?

I watched a couple game clips of Wyoming and liked what I saw. He’s a proven deep threat, even on a terrible passing team like Wyoming. He would’ve put up insane numbers with a better QB. We now have two WRs teams are going to need to cover with a safety over top of get burned. 

I think he could be more than just a deep threat, but it’s hard to tell in Wyoming’s offense. He seems to run really good routes for a guy that size. 

So now our starting 3 will be Worthy and Neuor outside with J Whitt inside. Not much depth behind it, but that’s pretty damn salty starters, especially with Bijan in the backfield. 

13 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

so Troy Omeire with hands?

No. Way more speed. 

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Good to see you're still alive, fatkid. Two of my boys have gotten into Dragon Ball-Z or whatever the fuck it is called. While I was listening to them argue about it the other day, I remembered you and some other dorks arguing about it a few months ago on one of these threads and thought "Christ, how am I going to keep these two dorks from turning into fatkid?" Good times. 

Count yourself lucky. Outside of the over-the-top cosplays there's nothing super annoying about the DBZ fanbase. More than I can say for other cartoon fanbases...

szechuan-sauce.gif

1 minute ago, Theo Aquacates said:

Basically a bunch of shit saying TX offense sucked and how can any skill player play at TX. I don’t think they realize what we have on offense. They aren’t very bright people, in general. 

image.jpeg.09275d7ecac1b6dd0586765c84141fbf.jpeg

• Haha 6
  • Rage+1 1

59 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

So in summation, I have no clue wtf is going on here but it appears someone plans to sexually assault some poultry at some point 

I feel like the lesson out of this for us olds is that the coaches aren't going to negative tweet at the team or at a recruit. Also if anyone is sexually assaulting poultry, they're likely in Waco.

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

rep on the search function thing.

5 minutes ago, deech said:

Sure let me give the guy a lesson in recruiting since he's been on the job a few weeks and has accomplished more in recruiting in those two weeks than our last coach has in several years.

1 minute ago, Droopy said:

Like @deech said, this guy just got to campus after coaching the best receiver in the FBS and has already done more than the last coach that was here for years. I don't get it all, but that guy is working, so let him work, and you worry about shit that is in your wheelhouse. If it ain't broke...

As I said, I like his social media activity overall. Way better than Coleman. Like the hire in general too. It's not really even a recruiting thing though - some internal stuff should just stay private.

Posting those guys' earnings was the main one that made me cringe (remember how Bryce Young's dad supposedly got pissed about Saban publicizing that?). That's private shit that may be ok to show recruits in private but the whole world doesn't need to see. Sure it might help recruiting but that doesn't mean he should post it.

Again, I like Marion and today is a good day on that front. Plus this is something that likely wouldn't even be noticed at his previous schools that don't have such magnified attention, so I can understand why he might have some learning to do. But as we know, at Texas all of this shit ends up circulating so requires a bit more discretion.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

Someone asked for Vol salt ... this was a little before he announced his flip.  

(Explains why they almost burned Kiffin at the stake.)

image.thumb.png.79acb917ddb2d08a40c6c393fe67f391.png

Well he was fully committed to Wyoming first, so I guess based on that guy's logic, he never should have wanted Tennessee to take him in the first place.  So it all worked out for everyone.

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Do what I did when my son started blathering that shit at me.  Nod, say uh huh periodically and think about whats for dinner.  Check that, dont do that, kid wants to go to art school...fuck

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Teryor said:

"Or whatever the fuck it is called," it's totally fine to know the name of the 15th biggest media franchise in the world, nothing embarrassing about it.

I've only heard of 17 out of 20. No kids and damn happy about it.

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Someone asked for Vol salt ... this was a little before he announced his flip.  

(Explains why they almost burned Kiffin at the stake.)

image.thumb.png.79acb917ddb2d08a40c6c393fe67f391.png

"Still married," he says but obviously leaves open the strong possibility that he's cheated on his wife at a Tennessee highway rest stop countless times.

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)