2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

30 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

2019 Class - Ranked #3 Overall  - 26 Freshman Enrollees, 2 Transfers.  Remaining Players:  Jordan Whittington, Marcus Washington, David Gbenda, Braden Liebrock, Roschon Johnson, Isaiah Hookfin, T'Vondre Sweat

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Nevermind, I did it myself.

2019 Longhorns Recruiting Class - Ranked #3 Overall  - 26 Freshman Enrollees, 2 Transfers. 

Remaining Players:

Jordan Whittington
Marcus Washington
David Gbenda
Braden Liebrock
Roschon Johnson
Isaiah Hookfin
T'Vondre Sweat

5674A36E-33B8-4A18-9982-3C276BE67BC1.gif.dfa9fcbc12d2c31ed838016ef7b4cfda.gif

48 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

We've been 0 for 2 on Louisiana D-Lineman since Malcolm Roach. I'm trying to remember the name of the other guy we had before Warren. He played like QB in high school at 260 pounds and was trucking people and Herman ran him off after like 2 months.

Hopefully Tapp gets us back on track.

EDIT: Just remembered the other guy....Mike Williams

Are you considering Sorrell a miss?

No way we go after another WR in Cody Jackson right? Might have been a better option than Hall for off field reasons but I don’t think we need 3 portal WRs. 

Pending departures, imo we gotta load up on defense with the last few spots - Mathis, an LB, and tbh I’d go for another edge. Maybe an OT on offense but doesn’t seem like thats happening. 

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Sorrell TBD since he’s only a second year guy. 

I’m always a fan of getting trench guys out of Louisiana. The fact we’ve missed on a few in a row means we are due.

With the way Brian Kelly is recruiting that state we should be able to make some progress with some front 7 defensive guys from there as well as some OL.

We've been 0 for 2 on Louisiana D-Lineman since Malcolm Roach. I'm trying to remember the name of the other guy we had before Warren. He played like QB in high school at 260 pounds and was trucking people and Herman ran him off after like 2 months.
Hopefully Tapp gets us back on track.
EDIT: Just remembered the other guy....Mike Williams

Is Sorrell from Louisiana?
Nevermind saw the above posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Number 3 class in the nation and there's MAYBE two potential NFL players in there?  Fucking nuts.

It seems to me like Herman either didn't give any shits about mental evals, or was so abjectly horrible at it that he managed to take a bunch of guys who didn't really like football or didn't have the drive to go to the next level. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

It seems to me like Herman either didn't give any shits about mental evals, or was so abjectly horrible at it that he managed to take a bunch of guys who didn't really like football or didn't have the drive to go to the next level. 

He also managed to take away the passion for the game that many players had with the way he treated them and the mind games he played.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

Nevermind, I did it myself.

2019 Longhorns Recruiting Class - Ranked #3 Overall  - 26 Freshman Enrollees, 2 Transfers. 

Remaining Players:

Jordan Whittington
Marcus Washington
David Gbenda
Braden Liebrock
Roschon Johnson
Isaiah Hookfin
T'Vondre Sweat

Jesus TittyFucking Christ. And two of those are likely gone and at least one other completely sucks. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Jesus TittyFucking Christ. And two of those are likely gone and at least one other completely sucks. 

To make this worse, a true hit rate of 3 out of 26, with one hit being injury prone, and another hit being a locker room question mark. 

Remaining Players:

Jordan Whittington - Injury riddled career
Marcus Washington - Not a starter, nor should he be
David Gbenda - Not a starter
Braden Liebrock - Injury riddled career
Roschon Johnson - Not a starter (i know I know), legit team captain
Isaiah Hookfin - Injury riddled career
T'Vondre Sweat - Starter, but been accused of being a me first guy most of his career. 

54 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

No way we go after another WR in Cody Jackson right? Might have been a better option than Hall for off field reasons but I don’t think we need 3 portal WRs. 

Pending departures, imo we gotta load up on defense with the last few spots - Mathis, an LB, and tbh I’d go for another edge. Maybe an OT on offense but doesn’t seem like thats happening. 

Cody Jackson was overrated as a recruit, he wouldn't be a game changer here.

42 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He definitely was terrible at mental/character evals, but the other factor was that Jimbo and Brewster fucking cleaned his clock in-state in 2019, so the class was filled with backup options or late finds.  It was always weird to me that we were ranked #3 in the country when over the half the class was fallback options. Even considering that, Herman did a god awful job at picking players in that class, though. It's really hard to miss on that many guys, even if you're trying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

To make this worse, a true hit rate of 3 out of 26, with one hit being injury prone, and another hit being a locker room question mark. 

Remaining Players:

T'Vondre Sweat - Starter, but been accused of being a me first guy most of his career. 

Not to trigger anybody, but Gbenda might be a starter this year. It remains to be seen if he can beat out .... *checks notes* .... Luke Brockermeyer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

We got lucky with the burnt ends that our walk on is actually awesome (Hatter) but we will probably eliminate that moving forward in the next couple of iterations, there is too large of a mercenary aspect without any tangible benefit for Surly or Texas

That makes sense. Giving some money to a guy trying to determine if he’d rather walk on here vs explore say an Ivy League type gig is probably a net benefit for the program. Paying someone as a walk on already in the room is generosity without upside as you say. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Remaining Players:

Dont forget, Roschon wasnt even a RB take. He was the sole QB take who just happened to turn into a stud RB

• Rage+1 1

20 hours ago, Fud said:

DBs Ohio State has lost to the portal since December

Craig Young to Kansas
Ryan Watts to Texas
Sevyn Banks to LSU
Jahsen Wint to ?
Lejond Cavazos to UNC
Bryan Shaw to USC
Andre Turrentine to ?

17 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

@Fud Another one

Looks like he's trying to transfer and play his covid year. elevenwarriors didn't have him in the projected fall 3 deep.

It looks like Banks and Shaw were starters at some point, and Young, Cavazos, and Watts were on the two deep at different points of the season, and the rest were likely processed 

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

It looks like Banks and Shaw were starters at some point, and Young, Cavazos, and Watts were on the two deep at different points of the season, and the rest were likely processed 

So it looks like tOSU is going to take 14 DBs this cycle. 

That lost recruiting year of 2019 goes a long way to explaining why we are where we are right now. Those should be players starting their 4th year, the leaders of the team and a high % of the starting 22. Instead we’ve got 1 leader and maybe two starters?  Thank God for the portal. 

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

They were certainly interested in Cody Jackson at a prior point, were he to portal, so it's worth watching.

9 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

That lost recruiting year of 2019 goes a long way to explaining why we are where we are right now. Those should be players starting their 4th year, the leaders of the team and a high % of the starting 22. Instead we’ve got 1 leader and maybe two starters?  Thank God for the portal. 

Not to cause anyone to kick their dog or anything, but am I crazy in thinking that the 2018 class was about as bad?

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

I just don't understand how this guy would be bad at mental evaluations. 

11.gif.4e4aa09d9e9edb85f614b188b9aa65c3.gif

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They were certainly interested in Cody Jackson at a prior point, were he to portal, so it's worth watching.

Not to cause anyone to kick their dog or anything, but am I crazy in thinking that the 2018 class was about as bad?

In terms of hype? The best DB class ever and one of them (Sterns) might make the league and spent his last two years looking like he was either injured or dogging it. Ingram was good. Junior Angilau has started a lot of games. Ossai was a baller. Coburn's been a multi-year starter. Probably not as bad due to the presence of Sterns and Ossai, but not great!

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

For reference:

Caden Sterns: Started strong as a freshman, became an injured malcontent who went to the NFL and bashed the program wantonly 

BJ Foster: Carbon copy of Sterns without the NFL being involved

Jalen Green: Tranferred

D'Mo: Starter this year after his first true uninjured spring. Results TBD

Brennan Eagles: Below average production, left early for NFL, cut almost immediately

Anthony Cook: Serial portal flirter who switched positions a couple times. Seems to have his head on straight this year and should be a significant contributor 

Josh Moore: Superstar potential as a freshman with an IQ of 12. Transferred after run ins with the law

Alvonte Woodard: Buried on the depth chart and somehow couldn't surpass the mighty Kai Money for snaps

D'Shawn Jamison: Up and down career. Will be a starter this year. Probably shouldn't be.

Dele Adoye: Slow footed and injury prone. Transferred 

Keondre Coburn: Will start but should be miles better than his production has ever shown. Could get passed by Byron Murphy this year 

Junior Angilau: Starter, solid if not unspectacular

Keaontay Ingram: Caught fumblitis and transferred 

Joseph Ossai: All American and future NFL star

Malcolm Epps: Transferred

Cam Rising: Transferred 

Casey Thompson: Started, crumbled, transferred

Reese Moore: Forgot this dude was even on scholarship at some point 

Rafiti Ghirmai: Non contributor 

Moro Ojomo: Flashed potential but still has yet to make any meaningful impact on Defense, but that's okay because he's only 15 years old.

Mikey Grandy: Injured before he ever played a snap

Byron Vaughns: Was in position purgatory due to his tweener size and coaching ineptitude. Transferred and became a damn good DE at Utah State 

Michael Williams: Run off by Herman in the middle of the night. Transferred 

Daniel Carson: Never played meaningful snap. Transferred

Christian Jones: Starter at the moment. Not very good.

Ryan Bujcevski: Injured during one of the worst fake punts I've ever seen. Ultimately transferred.

Cam Dicker: 4 year starting kicker and the only player in the last 6 years that knows what it's like to beat OU

I'm going to go take a shower now.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

According to a Husker buddy of mine, their Rivals writers are saying there is a 70% chance they get Mathis. Also said their version of CTJ is confident. These guys think Casey Thompson is going to be the savior so take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by CashMcCoy
  • Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Let's put it this way, one could argue Cameron Dicker would've been the best player in the 2019 class if he had been in that one instead of 2018.  He's third at best in 2018.

Oh and while we're just repeatedly punching ourselves in the dick, does a player accomplishing things at the school after Texas count towards the merit of that recruiting class?  If so, Byron Vaughns being the Defensive MVP of the Mountain West Championship Game probably makes him a top 5 guy in the 2018 class. Hell, the 2018 class that transferred is probably better than the 2018 class that stayed through. Cam Rising is a solid P5 starting QB at Utah. 

• Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

For reference:

Caden Sterns: Started strong as a freshman, became an injured malcontent who went to the NFL and bashed the program wantonly 

BJ Foster: Carbon copy of Sterns without the NFL being involved

Jalen Green: Tranferred

D'Mo: Starter this year after his first true uninjured spring. Results TBD

Brennan Eagles: Below average production, left early for NFL, cut almost immediately

Anthony Cook: Serial portal flirter who switched positions a couple times. Seems to have his head on straight this year and should be a significant contributor 

Josh Moore: Superstar potential as a freshman with an IQ of 12. Transferred after run ins with the law

Alvonte Woodard: Buried on the depth chart and somehow couldn't surpass the mighty Kai Money for snaps

D'Shawn Jamison: Up and down career. Will be a starter this year. Probably shouldn't be.

Dele Adoye: Slow footed and injury prone. Transferred 

Keondre Coburn: Will start but should be miles better than his production has ever shown. Could get passed by Byron Murphy this year 

Junior Angilau: Starter, solid if not unspectacular

Keaontay Ingram: Caught fumblitis and transferred 

Joseph Ossai: All American and future NFL star

Malcolm Epps: Transferred

Cam Rising: Transferred 

Casey Thompson: Started, crumbled, transferred

Reese Moore: Forgot this dude was even on scholarship at some point 

Rafiti Ghirmai: Non contributor 

Moro Ojomo: Flashed potential but still has yet to make any meaningful impact on Defense, but that's okay because he's only 15 years old.

Mikey Grandy: Injured before he ever played a snap

Byron Vaughns: Was in position purgatory due to his tweener size and coaching ineptitude. Transferred and became a damn good DE at Utah State 

Michael Williams: Run off by Herman in the middle of the night. Transferred 

Daniel Carson: Never played meaningful snap. Transferred

Christian Jones: Starter at the moment. Not very good.

Ryan Bujcevski: Injured during one of the worst fake punts I've ever seen. Ultimately transferred.

Cam Dicker: 4 year starting kicker and the only player in the last 6 years that knows what it's like to beat OU

I'm going to go take a shower now.

The Office Cringe GIF

40 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

According to a Husker buddy of mine, their Rivals writers are saying there is a 70% chance they get Mathis. Also said their version of CTJ is confident. These guys think Casey Thompson is going to be the savior so take it with a grain of salt.

Damn Texas getting bodied by Nebraska in "NIL"

Truly wish i was filthy rich.

1 hour ago, CashMcCoy said:

Well thank goodness it isn't a 75% chance! I would have really been worried then.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Haha 5

I am an idiot behind a keyboard, but even I am not dumb enough to see the breadcrumbs in the Mathis recruitment. He visits Nebraska, they push for him to shut it down, he doesn't, and then he visits Texas TWO consecutive weekends including an official visit last weekend. He has been to Texas 3 times and Nebraska once. Unless he's clingy and it takes 3 trips to tell Gary Patterson goodbye, how could you confidently say as a Nebraska Writer that you have all your data points and there is a "70% chance they get Mathis".

This is like when Oklahoma hired Jay Valai and he was going to get their foot in the door for Devon Campbell!!!! Valai attended one of his basketball games!!!! OU 247 is feeling confident!

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I am an idiot behind a keyboard, but even I am not dumb enough to see the breadcrumbs in the Mathis recruitment. He visits Nebraska, they push for him to shut it down, he doesn't, and then he visits Texas TWO consecutive weekends including an official visit last weekend. He has been to Texas 3 times and Nebraska once. Unless he's clingy and it takes 3 trips to tell Gary Patterson goodbye, how could you confidently say as a Nebraska Writer that you have all your data points and there is a "70% chance they get Mathis".

This is like when Oklahoma hired Jay Valai and he was going to get their foot in the door for Devon Campbell!!!! Valai attended one of his basketball games!!!! OU 247 is feeling confident!

It is always scary to get confident about something regarding our program, but Nebraska is one of those fanbases whose brains completely stop functioning when you mention Texas.  Logic and coherent thought go completely out the window when the burnt orange is being discussed.  I'm not saying Mathis is a lock to us or anything, but there is not a single person in the Nebraska fanbase that is able to unbiasedly discuss something regarding Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I was just thinking that if I were an NIL sponsor, the last place I would want my money going is to a guy who they are stripping a scholarship from because there are better guys in front of him. Now if we asked an incoming freshman last minute to reclassify until January and we worked out something for a semester to soften the blow, then sure, maybe. 
Or maybe at some point a kid like Bijan or Ewers volunteers to pay their own tuition/books in order to make room for a coveted transfer? Far fetched, but a few years ago whats happening now in CFB would seem a little crazy..
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It is always scary to get confident about something regarding our program, but Nebraska is one of those fanbases whose brains completely stop functioning when you mention Texas.  Logic and coherent thought go completely out the window when the burnt orange is being discussed.  I'm not saying Mathis is a lock to us or anything, but there is not a single person in the Nebraska fanbase that is able to unbiasedly discuss something regarding Texas.

Very true. They want this win over Texas bad.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)