2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

Just now, UncleSonny said:

Now that we are no longer taking him for granted I feel ok here. Nebraska just doesn’t make any sense as the landing spot. 

This is where I am, I think we are overthinking it due to past failures. The guy loves GP and GP is here. He is from the greater Austin area, his mom has said repeatedly that she wants to be able to see him play, he’s been to Texas three times including twice within the last two weeks and current players have mentioned him during their media availability. Seems like a slam dunk. If we were in Nebraska’s position we wouldn’t even be wasting time discussing it at this point.

6 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

This is where I am, I think we are overthinking it due to past failures. The guy loves GP and GP is here. He is from the greater Austin area, his mom has said repeatedly that she wants to be able to see him play, he’s been to Texas three times including twice within the last two weeks and current players have mentioned him during their media availability. Seems like a slam dunk. If we were in Nebraska’s position we wouldn’t even be wasting time discussing it at this point.

Apt analysis, Ray. 

37 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

This is more like trying to convince a stripper to go home with you. You might spend a few hours having her play with your junk while you throw a giant stack of crisp 20s at her, and explain to her that you have a Scarface-sized mound of cocaine back in your hotel room. But then for some reason at the end of the night - while you're standing in front of the club waiting for the strippers to pour out - you you see her driving off in a 15 year old Honda Civic with some greasy dude with a neck tattoo - and you're left wondering "What the hell went wrong?".

Sometimes recruiting doesn't make any sense.

This hurts me to my core. 

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

You might spend a few hours having her play with your junk while you throw a giant stack of crisp 20s at her, and explain to her that you have a Scarface-sized mound of cocaine back in your hotel room. But then for some reason at the end of the night - while you're standing in front of the club waiting for the strippers to pour out - you you see her driving off in a 15 year old Honda Civic with some greasy dude with a neck tattoo - and you're left wondering "What the hell went wrong?”

Oddly specific.  

• Haha 9

Jeremy Clark, who is pretty plugged in at TCU, said this on Mathis: 

With Ochaun, there was a report from Bobby Burton saying there was a big NIL deal that TCU is using…that would be false.

In actuality, Ochaun is Soni Misi’s roommate and Ochaun is still at TCU and obviously talks to the players still. The players have all told him he needs to give the coaches a chance and that the culture is completely different. Some have said Ochaun may be listening and there’s some optimism with some players but that’s it.

I haven’t mentioned any of this because it’s all smoke with no fire right now. There is one poster on this site that if he posts something different, I’ll listen. But, that person hasn’t posted on this.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ears,  on Ochaun Mathis.

(The text in this cartoon (bubble) made me chuckle ... )

With His Ear to the Ground - NARA & DVIDS Public Domain Archive Public  Domain Search

Spoiler

— I haven't heard much on the Ochaun Mathis front this week, and if I'm being honest, I think that's good news for Texas. While I still consider Nebraska a very real threat to the Longhorns landing the former TCU pass rusher, I think every day that goes by quietly is a good day for the Longhorns. My sources near him acknowledge that Nebraska gave Mathis a lot to consider, but they still think Texas will be the pick in the end but they haven't been told anything for sure. On the Nebraska end, there is a ton of confidence they've done enough to reel him in with an aggressive NIL pitch. In fact, we were told they think they are the leader for him at the moment. As for any reports of Mathis possibly returning to TCU, I was told today that's highly unlikely. Mathis is the biggest target left for Texas in the portal that can help them win this year, and I haven't heard enough to make me change my Texas pick as of yet. I'll continue to monitor throughout the week, but that's where things are as of today.

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

With Ochaun, there was a report from Bobby Burton saying there was a big NIL deal that TCU is using…that would be false.

In actuality, Ochaun is Soni Misi’s roommate and Ochaun is still at TCU and obviously talks to the players still. The players have all told him he needs to give the coaches a chance and that the culture is completely different. Some have said Ochaun may be listening and there’s some optimism with some players but that’s it.

I haven’t mentioned any of this because it’s all smoke with no fire right now. There is one poster on this site that if he posts something different, I’ll listen. But, that person hasn’t posted on this.

I feel like being a tcu "insider" is a sad way to go through life.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

A story as old as time...

10 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

if TCU isn't using an NIL deal to try to keep one of their best defensive players on campus (who is still on campus and still in the portal), then what situation would they deem useful for NIL? Mathis is literally the poster child for where they should be trying to put together a package

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)