2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

9 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Read that thread. Husker fans are thirsty

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

They're going full "Tech fans re: Chris Beard" on twitter for anything Mathis related.  It's honestly a bit alarming.

If Texas gets Mathis + that volleyball transfer AND her 2023er brother, they might fucking set themselves on fire. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

On 4/26/2022 at 11:55 AM, Hornlover said:

Nevermind, I did it myself.

2019 Longhorns Recruiting Class - Ranked #3 Overall  - 26 Freshman Enrollees, 2 Transfers. 

Remaining Players:

Jordan Whittington
Marcus Washington
David Gbenda
Braden Liebrock
Roschon Johnson
Isaiah Hookfin
T'Vondre Sweat

Jeff Howe avid Surly reader -- getting material from Hornlover   😋

"What happened to the 2019 Texas recruiting class?"

https://247sports.com/college/texas/board/21/Contents/what-happened-to-the-2019-texas-recruiting-class-186856955/?page=1

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Jeff Howe avid Surly reader -- getting material from Hornlover   😋

"What happened to the 2019 Texas recruiting class?"

https://247sports.com/college/texas/board/21/Contents/what-happened-to-the-2019-texas-recruiting-class-186856955/?page=1

to be fair, if every pay site doesn't have people trolling the non pay site forums, twitter, reddit, etc for ideas what are they even doing?

this should be an entire series they just do every ~2-3 years if they were smart and could set up reoccurring calendar reminders. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Tennessee fans seem to think Bru is heading to Knoxville

Edited by Duane Moore

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Good luck with that. Maybe he can get a nice cottage in the Appalachians so he doesn't get into trouble. 

Yeah, from the football perspective it makes a lot of sense for him (for the same reasons Tennessee did for Neyor), but I’ll be interested to see how a kid that got homesick for LA in Austin reacts to living in Knoxville. 

56 minutes ago, Viper said:

I think Nahlin was hinting Ibrahim might be hitting the portal, or at least not be back with the team 

I am curious as to what Sark does with Gilbeau. Ibrahim is a no brainer to toss out, but it didn't sound like the first offense for Gilbeau was as serious. If you tilt your head and squint you could even convince yourself that this latest thing with the cop was just a dumb mistake. It would be a shame to send him off, but at the same time it would be totally justified. 

Edited by Vertigo

In the past, it seems like he's just suspended players from team activities until their day in court, and then made a decision based on that. But he might need to clear room this time around rather than to wait on what the justice system says 

12 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I am curious as to what Sark does with Gilbeau. Ibrahim is a no brainer to toss out, but it didn't sound like the first offense for Gilbeau was as serious. If you tilt your head and squint you could even convince yourself that this latest thing with the cop was just a dumb mistake. It would be a shame to send him off, but at the same time it would be totally justified. 

Give the guys who are potential studs a break, and hammer the bread lol. Ole seven win doesn't have one second to lose in his attempt to turn Texas around. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Where there is smoke, there is fire. And Guilbeau has generated too much smoke in one calendar year for a dude who hasn't played a down for Texas.

Just dont see the talent to deal with that shit. Call me old school, but you better run a 4.4 if you are a pain in the ass. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m hearing Texas fourth-year offensive lineman Isaiah Hookfin will finish his career as a Longhorn on a medical scholarship for the 2022 season after suffering major injuries in a December motorcycle accident.

If Fuck Chip Brown is to be believed, we can scratch Hookfin from the 2019 class as well.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/LongFormArticle/Texas-Longhorns-football-Chip-Brown-The-Insider-position-group-confidence-level-after-spring-practice-2022-186861100/

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

If we could swap out Teddy Knox for one of Dixon/Omeire/Cain, that’d be great. Fucking Coleman. 

1 hour ago, Sock Monkey said:

Omeire is worth holding onto even if he can just stay healthy long enough to play up to his potential for half a season.

Omeire has never been anything but a gaslighting effort by Herman’s crew. Their narrative worked for a summer on Nahlin and company. Anyone who saw the guy in HS and saw his numbers should have been laughing at the bullshit the entire time. Ricky’s one-hitter had it straight. 

• Hook 'Em 6

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)