2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

3 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Listen, theres a lot to be said for corn fed white girls. 

Add in the freshman 15, low self esteem,  and a spanking new meth addiction, and a year at Nebraska  could be real intersesting for a young brother with 600k burning a hole in his pockets. 

he needs to stick with the volleyball team.

now, former UT player Lexi Sun graduated from NU.

l7lsjzkmini51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

but Ally Batenhorst is still there.  all 6'4"

E8SmvkSWUAALxu2?format=jpg&name=large

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

12 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Burton saying that we were not in fact outbid, but changed our recruiting pitch over the last two weeks to ask him to play standing up a bit more instead of having his hand in the dirt every play. Soooooooo…..

That's not what he said. He said Mathis told friends at TCU that at Nebraska they'd let him "pin his ears back" and rush the passer. He said Nebraska did a better job of selling than we did. 

13 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

That's not what he said. He said Mathis told friends at TCU that at Nebraska they'd let him "pin his ears back" and rush the passer. He said Nebraska did a better job of selling than we did. 

looking back to his mom's last appearance in the chat during Ketch/Anwar youtube video.. she kept saying let her son "pin his ears back" a few times on there.  She even mentioned something about not making him drop back into coverage

17 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

looking back to his mom's last appearance in the chat during Ketch/Anwar youtube video.. she kept saying let her son "pin his ears back" a few times on there.  She even mentioned something about not making him drop back into coverage

751A639D-142D-4E44-8994-482953C62174.jpeg

• Rage+1 1

58 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

This is the way I heard it as well, and it’s not just “negative recruiting” it’s the truth. In PK’s system Mathis would not be a traditional 4-2-5 DE who can just get after the passer all the time. The scheme we run was apparently the deciding factor for him. What I heard was that when the staff realized this was such a big factor for him, in the last two weeks they tried to pitch him that they would somehow alter the system for him. 

If the D doesn’t show any improvement by mid-way through the season, I could see CDC forcing Sark to make a change…like in promoting Patterson. I mean this is likely. Maybe I’m wrong but Sark doesn’t seem to have a sense of urgency on that side of the ball and we all know that Patterson coming to the staff wasn’t his choice. That will make or break him despite a potentially good offense.

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

can y'all give me the cliff notes on what PK wants to do with his DEs?  I understand the Jack position LBs tend to zone coverage for whatever reasons..but Mathis wasn't a Jack, right?

I believe Mathis was a Jack. The jack just stands up on the line of scrimmage instead of having his hand in the dirt like a traditional DE. The way I understand it is they just may have LB type responsibilities from time to time instead of being a straight up DE. Mathis being 6’5 260, he would have been the perfect fit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I've pretty much given up. Sark, PK, Choate, and our boosters have shown no sense of urgency. Our defense without any edge or linebacker presence is going to be pretty much the same as last year's defense - historically bad. So, it means in a few years we will be back where we started, in a rebuilding process while getting our asses kicked by the SEC.

Just now, Bevo said:

I've pretty much given up. Sark, PK, Choate, and our boosters have shown no sense of urgency. Our defense without any edge or linebacker presence is going to be pretty much the same as last year's defense - historically bad. So, it means in a few years we will be back where we started, in a rebuilding process while getting our asses kicked by the SEC.

Glad a tweet about a good LB entering the portal could serve as your dear diary post

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Talk like this is very upsetting to Hookem2147

Please think of him before you criticize the staff or the program. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Talk like this is very upsetting to Hookem2147

Please think of him before you criticize the staff or the program. 

Holy crap dude. You literally celebrate any misdoings in this program like you are a damn aggy or sooner and it’s embarrassing to watch.

For the past 5 months you’ve posted that you can’t get excited about any freshman OL because they will just transfer to Bama or Georgia. You are the first person to appear in any thread right after anything remotely negative has happened. I posted a damn tweet about a linebacker entering the portal and your response was why would we go after him when we can add wide receivers. I don’t know if you watched a game last year, but this program just won 5 games and lost to Kansas at home. If there is a chance to upgrade any of the 22 positions on the field it should be seriously considered.

There’s a big difference between rationally criticizing and discussing what is going on in the program and what you do when you come into a thread like your high school prom date just turned you down.

No one on this board can even hold a rational conversation with you without your made up facts and poor sarcasm entering the conversation.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

It's amazing that fans, after all these decades, continue to blame the wrong people. Getting close to 50 years and no one ever blames the corrupt administrators for this mess. It's not a surprise we didn't get him. Texas is an unorganized mess of greedy, bloated administrative failure. Capitalism as its finest. In fact, all of academia in this country is in the same boat, it's just that Texas wants to collect their athletic dollars and spend as little as possible on the kids who assist in making the money (football players). That's insane and very few other universities who think the same way. The reason it works is because the fans and alumni of this university don't hold their administrators accountable for their transgressions.
Here's a couple of links today on university corruption: 
Student loan forgiveness is nice; nicer would be holding colleges accountable for the student debt crisis (msn.com)
The Fall of the Faculty: Ginsberg, Benjamin: 9780199975433: Books (amazon.com)

We were outbid, as usual. It's that simple. It happens all the time. You can't blame coaches until the administration starts giving staffs everything they need to succeed. That's never happened at Texas. Not even under Mack Brown.
Why do any of you donate to this mess? There's employees in this administration that get paid six figures to twiddle their thumbs all day.. They just keep adding more and more of their friends to the bankroll as more money comes in. It's been this way for decades and decades. It's all about adding bogus expenses so they can claim "amateurism!!!" and "student-athlete!!!". It's like rising tuition all in the name of increased power and greed. The only difference is when they raise tuition, they at least attempt to stay near the top of public education. The bloat is still wrong and needs to be corrected all across the land, but at least they are competing in academia. They don't do that at the football level. Ever.
When will the alumni step up and stop this mess? All universities do it, but most of them actually want to WIN so they make sure to stay competitive. Texas is a Title 9 apologist (not a good thing considering the law needs adjustments; as written, with 85 football players counting against the male side, it is reverse discrimination) and hates their students making money while on campus. We went through this same mess during Jim Crow. Different issue, same desired result: power and greed.  

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.
  • Haha 8

17 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Sark is clearly stupid when it comes to the defense.  Hopefully some of the boosters will step it up to tamper and moneywhip defensive players for position of need.

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nahlin said the staff is aware of Land and is likely pursuing.

Sounds like Georgia is the one who recruited him into the portal though.

What is this "recruited him into the portal" you speak of ??

--Lincoln Riley

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, westexhorn said:

Sark is clearly stupid when it comes to the defense.  Hopefully some of the boosters will step it up to tamper and moneywhip defensive players for position of need.

I think neglectful is the more apt term.  Someone upthread said he needed an alpha at DC for the defense to be good.  Someone like….wait

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Sounds like Georgia is the one who recruited him into the portal though.

yeah, but what do they know about identifying and developing defensive talent?

(checks notes:  5 NFL first round draft picks on defense this year)

we're not getting this guy either.

Edited by Jive Turkey

If that really was his mom, which seemed odd in the first place, then she did a master level troll job.

19 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

If that really was his mom, which seemed odd in the first place, then she did a master level troll job.

she never said he was coming but you can tell she enjoyed the attention.. between that and her Q&A on twitter to hundreds of corn fans.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Im an idiot, but how in the fuck do we not have NIL money for every player/recruit on the team lined up? Better yet, how are we getting beat by other schools at this? Fucking clown show

I have to think the realization that this is getting out of control and a couple million here and there isn't going to move things anymore. Someone or some group is collectively going to need to decide they are willing to put up $30-40 million every single year to make it work. My guess is there love of money is higher than their desire to boast they bought a good football team or made a bunch of high school kids millionaires.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)