2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

it's actually the opposite.  Thompson's thumb injury has taken a life of its own in some spaces on this board and used to justify all kinds of excuses for Thompson's play - with a big assist through Charles Thompson's mouthpiece, Chip Brown.  The thumb injury was not that severe, but was a useful crutch to for the Thompson crew to shift blame.  QB play definitely cost the team wins, but that was because of a lack of talent/buy in more than a thumb injury.
Maybe some of it was hype, idk...but what I do know is there was a noticeable difference in accuracy and velocity on many throws after the thumb to the helmet incident. It was downplayed by the coaching staff and even Casey himself throughout the season, I wasnt paying attention to his gooner father or FCB.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Bama's offense will be lacking in superstars, other than QB.  If we can score , we'll be in this game until the end.
Hmm, kinda like every offense we faced last year? Keep in mind blowU's "superstar" was sucking too much even by their standards...and our defense created another one for them in the second half.

If by "in the game till the end" you mean theres no mercy rule in CFB, then yeah.

Listen, I'm optimistic for this team and do think we'll be better on both sides of the ball during the season, but our defense pretty much has the same ingredients used in last years shit sandwich. We'll have to match everyones score with at least two of our own..and if Card transfers after he doesnt win the job in fall camp, we're an Ewers hangnail away from another disastrous season...and maybe even if he doesnt transfer.

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Shan seems a little butthurt.

3A18FCDD-2563-4ED0-8E82-B5B841EC6DB5.thumb.jpeg.b2bd6114bb710cf806ad7b2a8e1603cd.jpeg

Shan is such a pussy. He’s always been a know-it-all with a giant ego that turns into a butthurt little bitch whenever someone disagrees with him or proves him wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

These reactions are hilarious to me, people are acting like the tweet’s purpose was to trick people into running with it as a real story. 

It wasn’t exactly the most subtle of jokes yet it flew way over the head of “the most legit sports radio host in the DFW market”. 

this guy has literally 30 followers.

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

Outside of QB, zero returning production.

image.png.241820cc7e7008ef22134389bf79076e.png

bill c's early returning prediction had them at #80 / 61% returning on offense. for comparison texas is #77 / 62%

As mentioned, the formula I use changes from year to year. Here's the current weighting for determining the offensive percentages above:

Percent of returning WR/TE receiving yards: 37% of the overall number

Percent of returning QB passing yards: 29%

Percent of returning OL snaps: 28%

Percent of returning RB rushing yards: 6%

Broken out by position/player, you're looking at approximately 29% for the quarterback, 9% for each of four wide receivers and/or tight ends and 6% for the running back and each offensive lineman.

-

Returning production: Quite crudely, if a player transfers from one FBS school to another, I mash his production from his previous team into the numerator and denominator for his new team. So if your quarterback leaves, and you bring in a transfer who was starting somewhere else -- a la USC, Ole Miss, Cincinnati and others -- that dampens the overall blow significantly. Because the translation from lower levels to upper is extremely inconsistent, I don't do this for players transferring up from FCS or Division II. I used to, but it didn't produce predictive value.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

When Bama lands Addison, then we can all laud how awesomely talented they are offensively. Until then, I'm on the side that says they're of course going to have dudes that can play on offense, and Young is a 1st round QB, but it's not the kind of firepower they normally show up with in most seasons. They also have Buttchin O'Brien calling the plays.

I'll write more about my certainty that Texas is going to fucking roll Bama during the week of the game when I publish my paean to Steve Sarklostagain titled "Why Texas Stomps a Mudhole In Alabama's Ass & Forces The Crimson Tide Hillbillies To Gargle Our Balls".

I would love to read your dissertation on Card's five td performance vs Monroe

1 hour ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, someguy said:
it's actually the opposite.  Thompson's thumb injury has taken a life of its own in some spaces on this board and used to justify all kinds of excuses for Thompson's play - with a big assist through Charles Thompson's mouthpiece, Chip Brown.  The thumb injury was not that severe, but was a useful crutch to for the Thompson crew to shift blame.  QB play definitely cost the team wins, but that was because of a lack of talent/buy in more than a thumb injury.

Maybe some of it was hype, idk...but what I do know is there was a noticeable difference in accuracy and velocity on many throws after the thumb to the helmet incident. It was downplayed by the coaching staff and even Casey himself throughout the season, I wasnt paying attention to his gooner father or FCB.

I can't be as candid as CTJ, but I cosign what he writes and will say, again, the thumb injury was not a significant issue.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Casey Thompson was an entitled whiny bitch with a noodle arm and limited athleticism. He is Casey Appleblack. His dad is a convicted felon with his hand out and a chip on his shoulder. Thompson showed late to meetings and didn't often care enough to get fully familiar with the game plan. Teammates didn't like him, he wasn't a leader, and he demanded to be named the starter heading into 2022 or threatened he would transfer. They told him to go shit in a hat. The thumb injury is quaternary nonsense to all of the other bullshit that wet blanket brought to the party.

I am no fan of Casey's dad and I can't speak to what his teammates thought of him or his punctuality. I will defer to you on that. I don't blame him for really wanting to start over a true freshman (who we now know craps his pants in games).

However, Casey deserves some respect. He got us a bunch of first half leads against solid teams that PK & his clown show pissed away. My God, did you ever think we would attack a Texas QB who got a 3 TD lead in the first Qtr against OU......and who would finish that day with close to 400 yards a 5 TDs?!? The most puzzling thing is you belittling (and somehow having a ranking and saying it was at the 4th level of importance) of his thumb injury. Casey played hurt for us and the injury was real.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I am no fan of Casey's dad and I can't speak to what his teammates thought of him or his punctuality. I will defer to you on that. I don't blame him for really wanting to start over a true freshman (who we now know craps his pants in games).

However, Casey deserves some respect. He got us a bunch of first half leads against solid teams that PK & his clown show pissed away. My God, did you ever think we would attack a Texas QB who got a 3 TD lead in the first Qtr against OU......and who would finish that day with close to 400 yards a 5 TDs?!? The most puzzling thing is you belittling (and somehow having a ranking and saying it was at the 4th level of importance) of his thumb injury. Casey played hurt for us and the injury was real.

It looks gross, but it really is a minor injury.... if you don't have to throw with that hand. 

10 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Casey Thompson after OU (388 yards, 5 TDs)

• OK St 15/27 for 179 yards 1 TD/2 INT
  • Baylor: 23/38, 280 yards, 2 TD/1 INT
  • ISU: 2/6 for 2 yards
  • Kansas: 30/43, 358, 6 TD
  • WVU: 4/14, 29 yards, 0 TD/1 INT
  • KSU: 17/23 for 170 yards, 1 TD / 1 INT

Casey Thompson vs TTU, OU, Kansas: 16 TD / 2 INT, 10.49 yards per attempt

Casey Thompson vs everyone else: 8 TD / 7 INT, 6.6 yards per attempt.

Casey Thompson was not the answer at QB

• Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Agreed with all up to the last sentence. That game gonna be ugly. 

Well, Texas should have beaten the best SEC team of all time, and our OL for that game was just as shitty as this one, and a walking regard coaching the offense. That LSU defense had 1st and 2nd round talent all over at all three levels and a great fucking DC. Even Alabama can't cover Worthy, Addison, Neyor, and Bijan for 60 minutes. It would likely be like the Ole Miss game in 2020.

Edited by HtownHorn

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

Casey Thompson after OU (388 yards, 5 TDs)

• OK St 15/27 for 179 yards 1 TD/2 INT
  • Baylor: 23/38, 280 yards, 2 TD/1 INT
  • ISU: 2/6 for 2 yards
  • Kansas: 30/43, 358, 6 TD
  • WVU: 4/14, 29 yards, 0 TD/1 INT
  • KSU: 17/23 for 170 yards, 1 TD / 1 INT

Casey Thompson vs TTU, OU, Kansas: 16 TD / 2 INT, 10.49 yards per attempt

Casey Thompson vs everyone else: 8 TD / 7 INT, 6.6 yards per attempt.

Yah, the thing is: thumb injury or not, he wasn't the guy. 

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Even Alabama can't cover Worthy, Addison, Neyor, and Bijan for 60 minutes. It would likely be like the Ole Miss game in 2020.

I'm not worried about the 60 minutes. I'm worried about the 2 seconds that it takes for Will Anderson to get into Ewers face. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Well, Texas should have beaten the best SEC team of all time, and our OL for that game was just as shitty as this one, and a walking regard coaching the offense. That LSU defense had 1st and 2nd round talent all over at all three levels and a great fucking DC. Even Alabama can't cover Worthy, Addison, Neyor, and Bijan for 60 minutes. It would likely be like the Ole Miss game in 2020.

Next year, when the majority of football teams do not put their spring game after May 1, @closetojumpingis going to write a long post telling you that it's wrong to call Tom Herman a walking regard as a coach, as he is incredibly underrated and misunderstood by the majority of our fan base.  I look forward to that day. 

21 minutes ago, NoName said:

I strongly prefer QE. We upgraded - no doubt. I just don't like crapping on a kid who did play hurt and who, before he got hurt, was playing better than okay.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Whatever happened to the LB from U of Louisiana? Has he not committed anywhere yet?

ULL LB Lorenzo McCaskill.  Had a ton of offers and OV's lined up (including Texas) immediately after he went in the portal but haven't heard anything since then.

I would guess its one of two things - either grades or background check.  If its grades I assume he spent the Spring trying to rectify the situation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I strongly prefer QE. We upgraded - no doubt. I just don't like crapping on a kid who did play hurt and who, before he got hurt, was playing better than okay.

Even though he was a complete cancer in the locker room and likely would have been beaten up by Demarco Cobbs?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

ULL LB Lorenzo McCaskill.  Had a ton of offers and OV's lined up (including Texas) immediately after he went in the portal but haven't heard anything since then.

I would guess its one of two things - either grades or background check.  If its grades I assume he spent the Spring trying to rectify the situation. 

I don't believe there was ever confirmation that he made is Texas visit on April 1st.

2 minutes ago, Mr Shrimp Unlimited said:

God fucking damnit motherfucker. I've been happily lurking on this board for years but your disgusting fucking verbal flatulence about "but but but he's winner and he hurt his thumb :(" have forced me to create an account and respond. My friend played with this chatch so I can confidently inform you that he's a bitch who spends more time whingeing about bullshit than he does watching film, which since you're such a Casey apologist, you probably think is somewhere North of 16 hours a day. Dumbass. 

Basically all this fucking guy did was tweet some woe-is-me bullshit about his thumb anytime he sucked ass which was anytime he played a defense that wasn't more limp than your tiny dong. "look at his thumb that's a bruise" yeah that was also from when the injury happened and then they tweeted it 5 weeks later after he looked more inert than my dumbass nephew's flag football league qb. 

Dude frolicked around belmont like he was the second coming but couldn't complete a 6 yard out route. Do something productive with your time instead of flapping your jowls and bloviating about Texas football's equivalent of terminal prostate cancer last season. Jesus. 

Hell of a first post. You’ll fit in well around here. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr Shrimp Unlimited said:

God fucking damnit motherfucker. I've been happily lurking on this board for years but your disgusting fucking verbal flatulence about "but but but he's winner and he hurt his thumb :(" have forced me to create an account and respond. My friend played with this chatch so I can confidently inform you that he's a bitch who spends more time whingeing about bullshit than he does watching film, which since you're such a Casey apologist, you probably think is somewhere North of 16 hours a day. Dumbass. 

Basically all this fucking guy did was tweet some woe-is-me bullshit about his thumb anytime he sucked ass which was anytime he played a defense that wasn't more limp than your tiny dong. "look at his thumb that's a bruise" yeah that was also from when the injury happened and then they tweeted it 5 weeks later after he looked more inert than my dumbass nephew's flag football league qb. 

Dude frolicked around belmont like he was the second coming but couldn't complete a 6 yard out route. Do something productive with your time instead of flapping your jowls and bloviating about Texas football's equivalent of terminal prostate cancer last season. Jesus. 

bored jack nicholson GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Shrimp Unlimited said:

Strong, to very strong first post lol 

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Mr Shrimp Unlimited said:

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

See Ya Reaction GIF by WWE

One of the greatest first posts ever!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

When Kelvin Banks takes Karic’s job from him you’re not gonna do this shit again right? You’re causing lurkers to come out of the shadows haha 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Mr Shrimp Unlimited said:

That's a solid 6 on the boner chart

giphy (1).gif

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Mr Shrimp Unlimited said:

Wow, what a first post! 😂

Baby Hat GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mr Shrimp Unlimited said:

This guy fucks.

That's a hell of a first post. 

• Hook 'Em 3