2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

I still remain a skeptic on Texas landing Addison. That said, yes, Riley was tampering with Worthy. A growing number of coaches, administrators and alumni bases are pointing turrets at Riley. I'd love to see that motherfucker crash and burn in LA.

A part of me wants to see him do ok so sooner fans suffer.

As others have said, Hall took that stuff down weeks ago. 247 posters were freaking out at the time.

Obviously he hasn't enrolled so of course he isn't on the roster. That one is even dumber.

5 days ago he posted this.

That said, it does seem odd that he hasn't signed yet.

Someone on IT, maybe Ian Boyd because fuck him?, said a few days ago something along the lines of "Recruiting Addison would give me pause, because it could potentially impact Hall". I thought it was one of the dumber things I've ever read. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Anything positive he provides to this team will be a bonus. Expectations should be relatively low and at best he's a WR4 on this team in 2022. When you have a relatively strong position room you can take a lottery ticket and if he flames out then oh well. If he gets his head on straight and contributes then awesome.

We also lose JWhitt and maybe Neyor after this year, leaving Worthy as the only proven WR. Hall is a guy you take for the future more than for this year.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

We also lose JWhitt and maybe Neyor after this year, leaving Worthy as the only proven WR. Hall is a guy you take for the future more than for this year.

Correct. The portal is also usually pretty WR friendly. You can supplement with another guy or two next offseason if Neyor goes out and has an amazing year (which would be great) and you are still unsure about Hall.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Correct. The portal is also usually pretty WR friendly. You can supplement with another guy or two next offseason if Neyor goes out and has an amazing year (which would be great) and you are still unsure about Hall.

Lets say oh Evan Stewart. So 2023 would be Worthy, Stewart, Thompson, Johntay Cook, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Someone on IT, maybe Ian Boyd because fuck him?, said a few days ago something along the lines of "Recruiting Addison would give me pause, because it could potentially impact Hall". I thought it was one of the dumber things I've ever read. 

You haven’t been reading Ian Boyd long then.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Sad when Chip Brown is having to talk people off a ledge

Alabama transfer receiver Agiye Hall will be enrolled at Texas by the end of the month, according to Hall’s Team Tampa 7-on-7 coach Woodrow Grady in response to reports raising questions about Hall and Texas.

At least two reports Tuesday noted that "Hall has removed all posts and photos relating to him joining the Longhorns from his social media accounts.” The reports also led to questions being raised on social media about whether Hall's name had been removed from Texas' roster. Hall's name has not yet appeared on Texas' roster, because he's enrolling for June classes, and Hall had removed those earlier posts from his social media a few weeks ago.

“People need to check (expletive) before they write (expletive),” Grady told Horns247. “That report was complete BS.”

Another source close to Hall said Hall will be in Austin “next week” to get settled in before beginning summer classes and summer workouts with the Longhorns.

Last month, Hall told Horns247 he’s excited to reunite with Steve Sarkisian and Texas tight ends coach Jeff Banks, who helped recruit him to Alabama, where Hall had four catches for 72 yards as a freshman last season - including an appearance in the College Football Playoff national championship game.

“One thing I like about Sark is he’s the type of guy who’s passionate about what he does,” Hall said. “He’s extremely passionate about what he does. You can see it physically, mentally. You can see that he wants to go get it - no matter what - and he’s gonna do whatever it takes to go get it. That’s one thing I like about him, because that’s the same approach I have.”

Hall said when he visited Texas in April - just before committing to the Longhorns - he instantly connected with his former Alabama teammate - tight end Jahleel Billingsley - and Texas sophomore receiver Xavier Worthy.

“I was really with the whole receiver group,” Hall said. “We was really kickin' it with Isaiah Neyor and all them boys.”

Hall was able to check out a Longhorns’ practice while at Texas and said quarterbacks Hudson Card, Quinn Ewers and Maalik Murphy all stood out.

“When I was there (at Texas), I went to practice, and all three of those boys can throw it,” Hall said. “I like that situation. I’m excited to see how this goes.”

Hall said he knows all about Sarkisian’s offense.

“Really, I loved Bama’s playbook,” Hall said. “And it’s Sark’s playbook. So, I gotta stick with my boy Sark. What I was doing at Bama that wasn’t seen is going to be seen this year.”

Hall said he loves the way Sarkisian schemes receivers open.

“The one thing I like most are the concepts and the route schemes,” Hall said. “A lot of routes that he runs are way different from what other people run. Other people will tell you that, and people in the NFL say it as well.”

Hall said what he loves most about Sarkisian’s playbook is the amount of deep balls.

“He runs tons of long routes,” Hall said. “Me and Xavier (Worthy) are gonna have some fun.”

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

He posted that well after Myers committed, but I'm also not at all familiar with USC recruiting so it could literally be about anyone.

Some USC poster went on IT and said Riley usually only does it if it’s a big commitment (said the last time was for Caleb), not sure if it’s wishful thinking or what.

2 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Some USC poster went on IT and said Riley usually only does it if it’s a big commitment (said the last time was for Caleb), not sure if it’s wishful thinking or what.

He does it for every commitment. I just took the time to scroll back in his timeline and he's tweeted that emoji like 7 times in the last 2 months. 

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

that poster is a moron, imagine being the recruit that didn't get an emoji you'd immediately decommit

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

You must not have listened to the latest EGAT podcast where he says Bryan Allen’s best position is at Wildcat QB

21 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I just randomly dropped a pin in the Hollywood hills and had google tell me how long it would take to get from their to USC.  45 minutes on a Monday at 4 pm local time.

Or about 10 minutes if you're lane splitting.
image.png.6a1a8fa2fae74cf47d0cb0ad72d87d58.png

I was lane filtering last week down University Blvd.  
Came up behind a diesel work truck with a worker looking dude at the wheel.
He saw me in his big huge side mirrors.

I saw his eyes lock in on me and suddenly he reached out the window.

I thought for sure it was finally the Texas redneck coming to kill me for lane splitting...

..but he just grabbed those elephant ear mirrors and pulled them in (it wasn't necessary).

I waved.

https://www.facebook.com/TexasRidersForLaneSplitting/
image.png.e386e024c823733fd55e49f6efda7a20.png

https://www.rideapart.com/news/315075/utah-legalizes-lane-splitting/

Now there are three states where lane splitting is legal.

And several more where it is "not exactly illegal".