2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

11 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

A 5’10” 214 lb LB from a tier 5 school is going to plug one of our biggest holes on the team. Ok. 

These type posts are stupid. Do you want a FCS All-American with offers from aggy, Auburn, and USC playing or Luke Brockermeyer? 

Some of you would find ways to bitch about Kate giving you a blowjob. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

These type posts are stupid. Do you want a FCS All-American with offers from aggy, Auburn, and USC playing or Luke Brockermeyer? 

Some of you would find ways to bitch about Kate giving you a blowjob. 

I applaud your unwavering commitment to our defensive staff and your blind optimism and certainty that this player will be a significant contributor to our LB group.

I choose to no longer trust the defensive staff until they prove they know what they are doing. He may work out, but no one should be automatically assuming he’s a good add. Anyone who does is just wearing burnt orange colored glasses.

And you also argued a stupid either/or. It’s not Fcs all American vs Brockermeyer. It’s this guy vs better LB’s in the portal, and so far they’ve whiffed on all the rest. Your cheerleading is embarrassing.  

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I applaud your unwavering commitment to our defensive staff and your blind optimism and certainty that this player will be a significant contributor to our LB group.

I choose to no longer trust the defensive staff until they prove they know what they are doing. He may work out, but no one should be automatically assuming he’s a good add. Anyone who does is just wearing burnt orange colored glasses.

And you also argued a stupid either/or. It’s not Fcs all American vs Brockermeyer. It’s this guy vs better LB’s in the portal, and so far they’ve whiffed on all the rest. Your cheerleading is embarrassing.  

Nobody is cheerleading you moron. 

Everyone is saying there's limited talent and bodies in the LB room. Somehow you're upset that Texas is going to potentially add a transfer LB who has offers from USC, Auburn and aggy. 

Also, it is an either or at the moment because of limited options. Do you want Texas to roll with Brockermeyer or add this guy? Sure, there have been some misses but only a complete idiot could be upset over adding a FCS All-American with legitimate P5 offers at position of need. You and satya should go masturbate in the corner together or something. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Inside LB might have been the thinnest position in the portal this year. I liked the dude from CMU who ended up at Ole Miss and the Gentry kid from ASU that USC recruited into the portal but after that it’s a bunch of dudes like this guy and Caleb Johnson. I guess if you want to include Drew Sanders you could but that he’s going to end up on the edge. Like I’ve said before beggars can’t be choosers and considering how late it is we would be pretty fortunate to add someone who can come in and compete right away.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Nobody is cheerleading you moron. 

Everyone is saying there's limited talent and bodies in the LB room. Somehow you're upset that Texas is going to potentially add a transfer LB who has offers from USC, Auburn and aggy. 

Also, it is an either or at the moment because of limited options. Do you want Texas to roll with Brockermeyer or add this guy? Sure, there have been some misses but only a complete idiot could be upset over adding a FCS All-American with legitimate P5 offers at position of need. You and satya should go masturbate in the corner together or something. 

randy marsh masturbating GIF by South Park

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Inside LB might have been the thinnest position in the portal this year. I liked the dude from CMU who ended up at Ole Miss and the Gentry kid from ASU that USC recruited into the portal but after that it’s a bunch of dudes like this guy and Caleb Johnson. I guess if you want to include Drew Sanders you could but that he’s going to end up on the edge. Like I’ve said before beggars can’t be choosers and considering how late it is we would be pretty fortunate to add someone who can come in and compete right away.

We should have recruited the Bama kid who went to Arkansas as off ball linebacker instead of edge 

12 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We should have recruited the Bama kid who went to Arkansas as off ball linebacker instead of edge 

Is there proof of him being able to play that position at a good level in college? Or would that be even more of a wild card than this guy who was an all american last season?

Edited by Atticus

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We did recruit him - as an Edge.  

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Is there proof that any linebacker on our campus can play that position at a good level?

No - but thats the point.  We've got plenty of guys that haven't shown they can play it - we should probably get someone in that has actually done it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Is there proof that any linebacker on our campus can play that position at a good level?

Question with a question. Good job.

This FCS guy has shown the ability to play the position in college at a high level. Will it translate to FBS? Who knows, but at least he has mental skills and muscle memory to work with. I assume as a former safety that he's at least a better athlete than Brockermeyer.

Edited by Atticus

24 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Burton said the JMU LB is announcing today 

The rarest species of Lynx is the Spanish (or Iberian) Lynx. Its natural habitat is open forest and sand dunes in isolated areas of Spain and Portugal. It is an endangered species, with only 1,000 remaining in the wild. Rabbits make up 75% of its diet, rendering it extremely vulnerable to diseases introduced into the European wild rabbit population.

hhhz5eiurok71.jpg?auto=webp&s=db909f1a14

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

yes, because we want more instances of this happening.

spacer.png

You love to see it, just EVERYTHING we want in tackling form.

- Do not run your hips into your target

- If he's cutting, lunge immediately

- Go high, wrap around the top of the shoulder pads

- Stay off balance

- Aim behind your target

Textbook. Poetry.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Do you want a FCS All-American with offers from aggy, Auburn, and USC playing or Luke Brockermeyer? 

Ideally, I'd have liked the coach that was responsible for keeping Jaylan Ford on the sideline while playing Brockermeyer to be shown the fucking door before the team had finished showering post KState, instead of giving him a fucking contract extension. I'm all for competition and bringing Tucker-Dorsey on board is a good move but if the position coach continues to be employed I'd temper my enthusiasm on the best players getting to play, because they didn't last season. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

...Drew Sanders explicitly wanted to be off the ball LB. Nobody thought he was that outside of him.

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Ideally, I'd have liked the coach that was responsible for keeping Jaylan Ford on the sideline while playing Brockermeyer to be shown the fucking door before the team had finished showering post KState, instead of giving him a fucking contract extension. I'm all for competition and bringing Tucker-Dorsey on board is a good move but if the position coach continues to be employed I'd temper my enthusiasm on the best players getting to play, because they didn't last season. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The smell of Stan Drayton's farts haven't even dissipated from his office yet and here you are taking it out on the Choater. Was there even a mourning period for you?

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The smell of Stan Drayton's farts haven't even dissipated from his office yet and here you are taking it out on the Choater. Was there even a mourning period for you?

I said I wanted Choate fired, not murdered.

I guess I'm getting soft in my old age. 

Edited by golfclap
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

The rarest species of Lynx is the Spanish (or Iberian) Lynx. Its natural habitat is open forest and sand dunes in isolated areas of Spain and Portugal. It is an endangered species, with only 1,000 remaining in the wild. Rabbits make up 75% of its diet, rendering it extremely vulnerable to diseases introduced into the European wild rabbit population.

hhhz5eiurok71.jpg?auto=webp&s=db909f1a14

Cat fact magic is BACK baby

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

I said I wanted Choate fired, not murdered.

I guess I'm getting soft in my old age. 

Your age has nothing to do with it, this football program can make any man soft. 

Speaking of, I’m developing a support group for those that need to talk about UT football. It’s called Flaccid Fans and you can join us at Denny’s after every home game.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Ian Boyd has been saying getting Diamonte might mean they are moving Overshown to more of an edge position. 

I wouldn’t be against that, but it’s funny to think they would move DMo at this point of the off-season. 

46 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Ian Boyd has been saying getting Diamonte might mean they are moving Overshown to more of an edge position. 

that because he was so good at fending off blocks that it is just a natural move to put him on the LOS? Or because he has held up so well physically everywhere else, that want to see if putting him on the LOS will result in him playing his first season without missing games? 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I wouldn’t be against that, but it’s funny to think they would move DMo at this point of the off-season. 

Apparently lots of the beat reporters have been saying that during certain portions of practice when we went 3-3-5 that overshown was the hybrid edge guy. That’s where this is coming from he’s a better on the blitz than he is in the box so it’s worth a look.

30 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Your age has nothing to do with it, this football program can make any man soft. 

Speaking of, I’m developing a support group for those that need to talk about UT football. It’s called Flaccid Fans and you can join us at Denny’s after every home game.

👀 👀 👀 👀 

image.jpeg.efa0b8644aa41d8b024592d8a590c3ab.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

“I wanted to be a plug-and-play guy at that Will linebacker spot,” Tucker-Dorsey says. “I have a chance to compete in the boundary, and I’m a versatile player so they’ll use me in pass coverage but also blitzing, checking running backs out of the backfield, zone coverage, stuff like that. 

https://www.si.com/college/2022/05/27/diamonte-tucker-dorsey-transfers-texas-fcs-all-american-linebacker

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

So, the only people to enter the transfer portal from here out (for this season) will be grad transfers and then anyone else needs a waiver, is that right?
Are expectations that waivers are going to be easier to get from now on?

Defense is still the biggest need, right?

Offense has most positions covered pretty well?