2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

9 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

So, the only people to enter the transfer portal from here out (for this season) will be grad transfers and then anyone else needs a waiver, is that right?
Are expectations that waivers are going to be easier to get from now on?

Defense is still the biggest need, right?

Offense has most positions covered pretty well?

We have to be done on offense. We are 4 or 5 deep in quality Backe, have already taken multiple receivers, and aren’t bringing in any QB’s to mess with Ewers/Arch. Would I like a tackle?  sure. But it’s pretty obvious the coaches don’t want to mess with OL and made some promises to the guys in the last class- so be it. 
So yeah- I’d be pretty surprised/shocked if we did anything on offense. The offense should be really fucking good if Ewers stays healthy. Like 45 (ish) points a game average good. 
Defense is a cluster aspiring to average imo. We just don’t have anyone who can get to the QB. Biggest failure (maybe only failure?) of the off-season not finding someone to get to the QB. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We have to be done on offense. We are 4 or 5 deep in quality Backe, have already taken multiple receivers, and aren’t bringing in any QB’s to mess with Ewers/Arch. Would I like a tackle?  sure. But it’s pretty obvious the coaches don’t want to mess with OL and made some promises to the guys in the last class- so be it. 
So yeah- I’d be pretty surprised/shocked if we did anything on offense. The offense should be really fucking good if Ewers stays healthy. Like 45 (ish) points a game average good. 
Defense is a cluster aspiring to average imo. We just don’t have anyone who can get to the QB. Biggest failure (maybe only failure?) of the off-season not finding someone to get to the QB. 

Rod Babers mentioned this and I think I agree—the big12 seems to be trending more towards true air raid with the hires made this off-season(Dykes, Harrell, Kittley, Lebby), so our Defense should drastically improve. He provided stats suggesting that PK is about as good as it gets in the profession at defending that scheme. Also, the one good thing about rock bottom is that there is nowhere to go but up…unless you choose to stay there of course. I respect Babers and he seems to think that we will have a really good, maybe even elite secondary next season. It’s hard for me to not at least be hopeful.

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom
  • Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Rod Babers mentioned this and I think I agree—the big12 seems to be trending more towards true air raid with the hires made this off-season(Dykes, Harrell, Kittley, Lebby), so our Defense should drastically improve. He provided stats suggesting that PK is about as good as it gets in the profession at defending that scheme. Also, the one good thing about rock bottom is that there is nowhere to go but up…unless you choose to stay there of course. I respect Babers and he seems to think that we will have a really good, maybe even elite secondary next season. It’s hard for me to not at least be hopeful.

Lmao. Off season optimism is at peak levels! 

17 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

He's setting you up.. he's going to come down as soon as the defense gets shredded by an air raid offense and say that PK should have been demoted/fired last spring.. with Jeff Howe saying yep in the background with a hoagie in his mouth... that is until Matt interrupts...

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Rod Babers mentioned this and I think I agree—the big12 seems to be trending more towards true air raid with the hires made this off-season(Dykes, Harrell, Kittley, Lebby), so our Defense should drastically improve. He provided stats suggesting that PK is about as good as it gets in the profession at defending that scheme. Also, the one good thing about rock bottom is that there is nowhere to go but up…unless you choose to stay there of course. I respect Babers and he seems to think that we will have a really good, maybe even elite secondary next season.

So realistically, how much improvement should we expect to see from the Texas defense in 2022??

If you break it down by position, on paper the CB's and safeties should be better.  Not sure how much improvement we'll see at LB and DL, and who in the hell is gonna pressure the QB??  The defense needs to improve in the area of takeaways too.  

Hopefully the 2022 Texas offense scores more points, increases their time of possession minutes/game, and reduces the number of 2nd half 3 and out series.  In theory all of these things will help the Horns defense -- at least that's my early Memorial Weekend sipping the burnt orange Kool-Aid hope...  🤘

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Cool! Let’s name the defense! Coach K’s Kommandos! 

Edited by Junior Bonner

21 hours ago, Sarks Personal Bartender said:

Weren’t all of Fatterson’s best linebackers no bigger than this guy?

Took a look at TCU’s recent draft history at LB. All are taller than Tucker-Dorsey, but they’re comparable in weight—ranging from 210 lbs to 230 lbs. That’s encouraging to see IMO. 

Ty Summers (2020) 6’2, 230 lbs

Travin Howard (2019) 6’1, 210 lbs

Paul Dawson (2015) 6’2, 230 lbs

Tank Carter (2012) 6’2, 215 lbs

Jerry Hughes (2010) 6’2, 215 lbs

24 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Took a look at TCU’s recent draft history at LB. All are taller than Tucker-Dorsey, but they’re comparable in weight—ranging from 210 lbs to 230 lbs. That’s encouraging to see IMO. 

Good stuff you posted.

If Tucker-Dorsey is 5'10" and 215 lbs, his body can only take so much more weight before it'll slow him down. Thank God we're no longer with the Yancey school of strength and conditioning. The staff should just let him do his thing at his current measurements. 

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is based off of PK owning Mike Leach when Leach was at Washington St.  Leach never scored more than 17 points against a PK defense and only averaged 14ppg in their 7 meetings.

That’s cool man. I haven’t seen anything close to that yet. I’d like to have a guy that can coach and make adjustments against any defense not just air raid. But whatever it’s the off season let the kool-aids flow!

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

That’s cool man. I haven’t seen anything close to that yet. I’d like to have a guy that can coach and make adjustments against any defense not just air raid. But whatever it’s the off season let the kool-aids flow!

So go back and look at PK's DFEI ratings for the last decade.  I'm not going to make excuses for what happened last season - but its ridiculous to think the guy we hired didn't have as good a resume as anyone in college football.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

So go back and look at PK's DFEI ratings for the last decade.  I'm not going to make excuses for what happened last season - but its ridiculous to think the guy we hired didn't have as good a resume as anyone in college football.

I don’t care what he did at Washington. That means jack shit at the abortion we saw last year and if he’s great against the air raid and that’s what we’re hoping he faces all year so he’s good then we are fucked. I go by what I see and what I saw was a shit defense. It’s the off season though so this is what we see on here every year till the season starts. 

21 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I don’t care what he did at Washington. That means jack shit at the abortion we saw last year and if he’s great against the air raid and that’s what we’re hoping he faces all year so he’s good then we are fucked. I go by what I see and what I saw was a shit defense. It’s the off season though so this is what we see on here every year till the season starts. 

One horrible year overrules a decade of good to great defenses? 

On 5/27/2022 at 12:01 PM, golfclap said:

I said I wanted Choate fired, not murdered.

I guess I'm getting soft in my old age. 

You know the sad thing. Choate had a player he coached drafted, while 0 went from Texas 

15 minutes ago, OB3 said:

I always love this, because it is usually followed by Patterson will take over the defense and it will be better. Forgetting that last year TCU actually had a worse defense 

31 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Why do you care if he was great at Washington yet was all time horrible at Texas? We just lost to blowu but hey guys did you see what he did in 2017? It was damn special. Who cares. Make a adjustment and get us a pass rush, quit trotting out players who quit week after week, quit saying players behind guys are worse when we are giving up 50 points. What could be worse? We’re in the pits of hell.

Why do you care if he was great at Washington yet was all time horrible at Texas? We just lost to blowu but hey guys did you see what he did in 2017? It was damn special. Who cares. Make a adjustment and get us a pass rush, quit trotting out players who quit week after week, quit saying players behind guys are worse when we are giving up 50 points. What could be worse? We’re in the pits of hell.

You can't possibly be this stupid? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lulllzzz yet you’re the one gloating about what a coach did elsewhere but not here. 

No, you're just a moron and I'm far from a PK defender. 

Using 1 year to evaluate a coach is moronic but this is the norm for you as a poster. Based on your same logic, Patterson fucking sucks because of a bad year last season as a DC even though he's widely considered one of the best defensive minds in college football. The stats back that up too (FEI for example). 

Jesus, you're stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

You can't possibly be this stupid? 

Peak off season kool aids for you. I’m not the one slobbing pk knob about how great his resume was at Washington yet sucked shit through a straw here. Guess when we’re 6-6 this year and he still sucks you will change your tune. 

• Fuck You 2

Wtf are you talking about. So if saban came here and went 6-6 in year 1. You would discredit everything he did at bama? Fucking idiot

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

No, you're just a moron and I'm far from a PK defender. 

Using 1 year to evaluate a coach is moronic but this is the norm for you as a poster. Based on your same logic, Patterson fucking sucks because of a bad year last season as a DC even though he's widely considered one of the best defensive minds in college football. The stats back that up too (FEI for example). 

Jesus, you're stupid. 

Holy fuck you’re dumb as fuck. Patterson had multiple years of being a bad ass AT TCU. Stupid fuck. Pk was dog shit here at Texas. Maybe read and comprehend before posting. I said I don’t give a fuck what he did at the pac-12. Do it here where we hired you and not trot out the worst defense in Texas history. But yea great analogy dumb ass.

• Fuck You 4

Holy fuck you’re dumb as fuck. Patterson had multiple years of being a bad ass AT TCU. Stupid fuck. Pk was dog shit here at Texas. Maybe read and comprehend before posting. I said I don’t give a fuck what he did at the pac-12. Do it here where we hired you and not trot out the worst defense in Texas history. But yea great analogy dumb ass.

You really are a moron. 

Who the fuck cares where PK coached at? It's still part of his coaching resume as FEI adjust stats based on the offenses they play. Both PK and Patterson have years of success based on FEI with a couple bad years. 

You are truly stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I bet my left nut saban wouldn’t go 6-6 here. He’s a tad better than sark. 

Completely avoided my question but ok. But since you wanna go a different route, do you want to look up what saban’s record was his first year at Alabama?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

You really are a moron. 

Who the fuck cares where PK coached at? It's still part of his coaching resume as FEI adjust stats based on the offenses they play. Both PK and Patterson have years of success based on FEI with a couple bad years. 

You are truly stupid. 

Yet he’s 0/1 here at Texas and that’s all that matters. So I’m jot the one looking like a fucking idiot or a foam finger fan drinking the off season kool aid. I’ll bookmark this when we’re 6-6 and the defense blows dick again.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, OB3 said:

Completely avoided my question but ok. But since you wanna go a different route, do you want to look up what saban’s record was his first year at Alabama?

Yea man that analogy is dead. We’ve used that statement since we hired Charlie so please stahppppp. Saban went 7-6 his first year blah blah blah. Charlie then Herman and now sark. They aren’t saban.

• Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, OB3 said:

This entire conversation is hilarious. I've always considered rockethorn to be one of the dumbest posters on this site and yep confirmed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yea man that analogy is dead. We’ve used that statement since we hired Charlie so please stahppppp. Saban went 7-6 his first year blah blah blah. Charlie then Herman and now sark. They aren’t saban.

Never said they were? You said saban would never go 6-6 here. But his first year at bama before the bowl game, do you want to guess what his record was?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

He's too stupid to realize the argument you're making. 

By his own logic, Saban sucks. 

I used that logic on Charlie and Herman. Not doing it again. But you guys can. Be my guest. My original post was in response to the babers quote that pk might improve this year becaise he faces more air raid. Which is so dumb. 

I used that logic on Charlie and Herman. Not doing it again. But you guys can. Be my guest. My original post was in response to the babers quote that pk might improve this year becaise he faces more air raid. Which is so dumb. 

Hoping Charlie was a great coach because of a similarly bad year 1 as Saban was a prayer. It wasn't based on anything Charlie accomplished as a coach. It was stupid and there was no real basis for arguing somebody like Charlie would be good outside of limited success at Louisville. 

Arguing that PK has a history of success is based on facts.  I don't know why you're comparing these two things? 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Hoping Charlie was a great coach because of a similarly bad year 1 as Saban was a prayer. It wasn't based on anything Charlie accomplished as a coach. It was stupid and there was no real basis for arguing somebody like Charlie would be good outside of limited success at Louisville. 

Arguing that PK has a history of success is based on facts.  I don't know why you're comparing these two things? 

I didn’t bring up the saban comparison, mr high IQ did. Also based off your comparison then sark will never be good here.

I didn’t bring up the saban comparison, mr high IQ did. Also based off your comparison then sark will never be good here.

You compared him to our coaches. I just used him for showing 1 year doesn’t fucking matter compared to his whole career. 

Well yeah, that's why a lot of people didn't like the Sark hire. He's had limited success as a coach. 

Thanks for your great insight. 

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Well yeah, that's why a lot of people didn't like the Sark hire. He's had limited success as a coach. 

Thanks for your great insight. 

Yet you love his dc hire that was fucking atrocious at Texas. Makes sense. 

im amazed at how some of you can even type with your foam fingers on.

Yet you love his dc hire that was fucking atrocious at Texas. Makes sense. 

im amazed at how some of you can even type with your foam fingers on.

One coach had past success as a defensive coordinator and the other didn't have past success as a head coach. You really think bad coaches can't make good coordinator hires? 

The fact that's difficult for you to comprehend is peak Rockethorn. 

3 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

You forgot Wallow, who started as a safety before becoming an all conference LB, and drafted by the Texans. He was 6-2 220.