2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

20 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

One coach had past success as a defensive coordinator and the other didn't have past success as a head coach. You really think bad coaches can't make good coordinator hires? 

The fact that's difficult for you to comprehend is peak Rockethorn. 

Apparently not. See PK at Texas circa 2021.

Lol “pac 12 doesn’t matter” after referencing a decade  of stats on a college football coach in a P5 conference is one of the dumbest recurring continuities on this site. The big 12 largely fucking sucks. PK was undoubtedly shit last year though. 

• Hook 'Em 8

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yet he’s 0/1 here at Texas and that’s all that matters. So I’m jot the one looking like a fucking idiot or a foam finger fan drinking the off season kool aid. I’ll bookmark this when we’re 6-6 and the defense blows dick again.

JOT_cartoon.png

Interesting bit of trivia: The cartoon series JOT premiered on the local Dallas show Mr. Peppermint, a character played by Jerry Haynes, who was the father of Butthole Surfers lead singer Gibby Haynes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

You really are a moron. 

Who the fuck cares where PK coached at? It's still part of his coaching resume as FEI adjust stats based on the offenses they play. Both PK and Patterson have years of success based on FEI with a couple bad years. 

You are truly stupid. 

image.gif.ee36233947031c293d75b6754986c8a4.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Peak off season kool aids for you. I’m not the one slobbing pk knob about how great his resume was at Washington yet sucked shit through a straw here. Guess when we’re 6-6 this year and he still sucks you will change your tune. 

Muschamp was the DC for auburn in 2015. They gave up 20 points to Jacksonville state and damn near lost that game, Who in the fuck is Jacksonville state lol. They gave up 54 points to fucking Arkansas who lost to Toledo that year. In 2010 as our DC we gave up 34 to UCLA, 39 to Kansas state, 30 to Baylor, and 33 ok state. We went 5-7. Our defense got better without him the next year when he went to Florida lol. Muschamp isn’t a shitty DC and neither is PK, numb nuts. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Muschamp was the DC for auburn in 2015. They gave up 20 points to Jacksonville state and damn near lost that game, Who in the fuck is Jacksonville state lol. They gave up 54 points to fucking Arkansas who lost to Toledo that year. In 2010 as our DC we gave up 34 to UCLA, 39 to Kansas state, 30 to Baylor, and 33 ok state. We went 5-7. Our defense got better without him the next year when he went to Florida lol. Muschamp isn’t a shitty DC and neither is PK, numb nuts. 

Not gonna look up the box score of every game but the offense screwed over our defense in that game.  Lots of turnovers and short fields:

https://stats.texassports.com/custompages/sports/m-footbl/2010-2011/ut4.html

they had maybe two good drives

52 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Not gonna look up the box score of every game but the offense screwed over our defense in that game.  Lots of turnovers and short fields:

https://stats.texassports.com/custompages/sports/m-footbl/2010-2011/ut4.html

they had maybe two good drives

313 yards rushing by UCLA lol. Take sacks away and they ended with 264 yards rushing. Yeah that’s a good day man. Damn offense. 

21 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

313 yards rushing by UCLA lol. Take sacks away and they ended with 264 yards rushing. Yeah that’s a good day man. Damn offense. 

Uclas first three scoring drives:

2 plays 4 yards

7 plays 37 yards

4 plays 2 yards

yep uclas next drive was 8 for 80, but football should be a bit complimentary?

PK has a very good track record. He certainly fucked up last year. That doesn’t negate a decade of coaching. Patterson had an even worse defense and that was with kids he recruited and coached for years with a staff he hand picked. Last year could be a bigger issue of the defensive staff not working well together or just an anomaly in PK’s long term track record. Anyone saying PK is beyond criticism is being ridiculous. Anyone saying last year means PK definitely sucks is ridiculous. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

PK has a very good track record. He certainly fucked up last year. That doesn’t negate a decade of coaching. Patterson had an even worse defense and that was with kids he recruited and coached for years with a staff he hand picked. Last year could be a bigger issue of the defensive staff not working well together or just an anomaly in PK’s long term track record. Anyone saying PK is beyond criticism is being ridiculous. Anyone saying last year means PK definitely sucks is ridiculous. 

That was my point. Muschamp had to deal with an inept offense and he had one foot out the door. We gave up 30 plus points to Baylor, ok state, and Kansas state with players who were NFL caliber and had played for a national championship the year before. The culture was significantly better for muschamp than what PK walked into. PK had a staff he didn’t hire with players who are mental midgets and pussies. Give him a minute to correct the issues he can control and I think it will be fine. We sucked, bad. I don’t think that will be the new norm. 

5 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

That was my point. Muschamp had to deal with an inept offense and he had one foot out the door. We gave up 30 plus points to Baylor, ok state, and Kansas state with players who were NFL caliber and had played for a national championship the year before. The culture was significantly better for muschamp than what PK walked into. PK had a staff he didn’t hire with players who are mental midgets and pussies. Give him a minute to correct the issues he can control and I think it will be fine. We sucked, bad. I don’t think that will be the new norm. 

I got what you are saying. Every DC will have a down year with a long enough track record. I am basically agreeing. 1 year isn’t a long enough time to make an informed decision on PK. He had a new team and a new staff he didn’t pick last year. I am not sure what went wrong. Based on his prior track record and all the moving parts, I am willing to give him another year.  This is the same board that was fellating Orlando after one year, so it’s prone to rash decisions. 

• Hook 'Em 6

14 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I got what you are saying. Every DC will have a down year with a long enough track record. I am basically agreeing. 1 year isn’t a long enough time to make an informed decision on PK. He had a new team and a new staff he didn’t pick last year. I am not sure what went wrong. Based on his prior track record and all the moving parts, I am willing to give him another year.  This is the same board that was fellating Orlando after one year, so it’s prone to rash decisions. 

I partly agree but considering that PK made no personnel changes and didn't address the main weakness of the defense, I'm not holding out much hope.

• Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hold up. Is there a serious discussion going on here that attempts to favorably compare what Kwiatkowski did last season to Will Muschamp? Torbush. 

@WinningIsHard should change his handle to PostingIsHard. He’s like a bot built to be wrong on here constantly. 

Color me shocked, another post letting everybody know you think somebody is a “bad poster.” This is one of those that shit was definitely on my bingo card moments. Thanks man. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Color me shocked, another post letting everybody know you think somebody is a “bad poster.” This is one of those that shit was definitely on my bingo card moments. Thanks man. 

I’m happy to help, but I didn’t mean to imply that you’re a “bad poster.” What I was implying was that you’re too stupid to be considered a poster at all.

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I partly agree but considering that PK made no personnel changes and didn't address the main weakness of the defense, I'm not holding out much hope.

He made changes. Scrapped his 2-4-5 look after a couple games. Collin, Ford, Murphy, and Barron played more as the season moved on. I would of preferred more time for both Barron and Ford. Lots of players logged time on the defense. That maybe the best thing he did for this year. The odds for a complete turn around are pretty low. I don’t think there is a difference maker currently on defense to push them dramatically forward. I do think the defense will improve. I think the improvement will be to a level of competence, not excellence. We shall see. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m happy to help, but I didn’t mean to imply that you’re a “bad poster.” What I was implying was that you’re too stupid to be considered a poster at all.

Lol the you’re stupid post, gotta love the classics. You stooping down to let me know how much smarter you are than me is pretty sweet. I’m sure over the 20 years you’ve frequented these boards there have been plenty of these interactions. That’s not sad at all, your commitment to letting people know things is admirable. Somebody has to do it tho, right. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Yeah pressuring the QB is a real concern for the 2022 Texas defense.

The issue is bigger than that. If your are designing a defense for a team, you start out identifying the strengths and weaknesses. Then you use the strengths to mask the weaknesses. You can cover up issues in the secondary with excellent front 7 play. You can cover up issue in the front 7 with excellent secondary play. What you can’t do is cover both up. That was the issue with the 2021 defense. They literally had a weakness at every level of the defense with  0 elite players

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

He made changes. Scrapped his 2-4-5 look after a couple games. Collin, Ford, Murphy, and Barron played more as the season moved on. I would of preferred more time for both Barron and Ford. Lots of players logged time on the defense. That maybe the best thing he did for this year. The odds for a complete turn around are pretty low. I don’t think there is a difference maker currently on defense to push them dramatically forward. I do think the defense will improve. I think the improvement will be to a level of competence, not excellence. We shall see. 

Your optimistic take is noted.  The problem is that pessimism is what is warranted based on the last dozen years, along with last year with this particular staff.  Pessimism until the program proves us wrong. 

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah pressuring the QB is a real concern for the 2022 Texas defense.

Yeah, Collins is an interior guy. Ovie, Finkley, Tapp, Dorbah, don't give me much hope. Sorrell should be alright.

23 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

The issue is bigger than that. If your are designing a defense for a team, you start out identifying the strengths and weaknesses. Then you use the strengths to mask the weaknesses. You can cover up issues in the secondary with excellent front 7 play. You can cover up issue in the front 7 with excellent secondary play. What you can’t do is cover both up. That was the issue with the 2021 defense. They literally had a weakness at every level of the defense with  0 elite players

Agreed, my primary fear though is that I see no reason to believe any portion of our defense would be excellent next year no matter who our DC is unless there are massive cultural changes given I think everything besides maybe the interior DL will continue to be FUBARed

Edited by TheFlyingBoat
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Good news. It’s no longer necessary to post. I’ve written an AI bot to automatically respond to any positive post  about the program with:

“You’re just a sunshine pumper worse than an aggie”

And any post that raises a question about the program with:

“go furiously masturbate with Satya.” 

We may need a new thread on Surly. May I suggest 

Show Me Where the Longhorn Touched You: Surly Screenshot Megathread

13 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Good news. It’s no longer necessary to post. I’ve written an AI bot to automatically respond to any positive post  about the program with:

“You’re just a sunshine pumper worse than an aggie”

And any post that raises a question about the program with:

“go furiously masturbate with Satya.” 

Go masturbate with an Aggie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

It's telling that every defensive player that portaled out, dropped down in competition level.

• Hook 'Em 9

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's telling that every defensive player that portaled out, dropped down in competition level.

Cooks to TCU. Owens to Tech.

Honestly Adimora and that fucking spare Abiara aren't dropping far and Symons is a rising star as a DC. I don't know if the off-the-field stuff will be too much to overcome but Jordon Thomas can play at the p5 level as well. It's telling to me that the guys that did drop down were the guys this staff played. Foster who ended up at SHSU and Warren at Texas State. Guys like Cooks, Owens, Adimora didn't see the field. 

23 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Lol the you’re stupid post, gotta love the classics. You stooping down to let me know how much smarter you are than me is pretty sweet. I’m sure over the 20 years you’ve frequented these boards there have been plenty of these interactions. That’s not sad at all, your commitment to letting people know things is admirable. Somebody has to do it tho, right. 

Use words like insipid and call his mother the goblin shark of the human race to distract him while you fight. 

Edited by blacklab
user taking day off
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Cooks to TCU. Owens to Tech.

Honestly Adimora and that fucking spare Abiara aren't dropping far and Symons is a rising star as a DC. I don't know if the off-the-field stuff will be too much to overcome but Jordon Thomas can play at the p5 level as well. It's telling to me that the guys that did drop down were the guys this staff played. Foster who ended up at SHSU and Warren at Texas State. Guys like Cooks, Owens, Adimora didn't see the field. 

Wonder what Cooks issue was. Blackwell played. Cooks quit very early. That was disappointing. I’ll be pissed if Owens takes to LB at another school. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I’ll be pissed if Owens takes to LB at another school. 

He's dropped more weight so I think that ship has sailed - he's playing both FS and SS (I think he's gonna be first of the bench at both spots) - played both in the spring game for them.  

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Wonder what Cooks issue was. Blackwell played. Cooks quit very early. That was disappointing. I’ll be pissed if Owens takes to LB at another school. 

I think the only reason cooks came here was because of Hutzler. Maybe checked out once he didn’t come back? But I don’t know why he would wait so long to leave

Edited by OB3
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, golfclap said:

He's dropped more weight so I think that ship has sailed - he's playing both FS and SS (I think he's gonna be first of the bench at both spots) - played both in the spring game for them.  

Not sure he has the COD for the secondary. Straight line fast, but we shall see 

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Yep. This is pretty much spot on. The linebacker corps was shit and the secondary and DLine were subpar. We’ve now gotten a transfer for Secondary and LB. The only level we failed to improve was DL. We should be fine on interior but failure to get an edge will hurt. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

18 hours ago, golfclap said:

He loved Hutzler. I think it truly was as simple as that. He's pretty solidly second team for them rn and has played some with the 1s as well. 

Cooks was running with the 1s at TCU because they had a couple injuries. 

He's definitely a backup there and apparently struggled at times. Arguing that this coaching staff "wasn't playing the better players" because of a 2nd stringer at TCU is some funny stuff. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

A 2nd string linebacker on a 5-7 team that finished 116th in FEI defense is now proof the Texas coaching staff wasn't playing the best players. 

Hilarious and stupid as fuck. 

yeah but what if they were the best players?  uh oh…

I'm just tired of these "innovative" defensive coordinators coming to Texas only to get completely exposed. PK did well against most Pac-12 offenses, but I will continue to lump him into the Diaz and Orlando category until he proves me wrong. At this point I'd rather commit to vanilla DC that can make us average to above average with good athletes rather than keep rolling the dice with the previously mentioned "innovators".

Edited by blacklab
user taking day off
  • Hook 'Em 1