2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

28 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

This mentality never ceases to amaze me.

We left plenty of points on the board versus Baylor. Lost by 7 and had the ball with a chance to tie on the last possession. We led into the 4th. It was at Baylor. They had more dudes drafted than we did.

And oh by they averaged about 7 TFLs per game. They had about half that versus us.

So why in the hell is that a highly likely loss?

Because his pussy is gaping and we can all smell it

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/28/2022 at 3:03 AM, TheFlyingBoat said:

On a more serious note, without the necessary transfer to buff up key weak points on defense I see it as wholly unrealistic to expect to beat Alabama or even Baylor (a team that will return elite lines that will dominate us on both sides). That's 2 highly likely losses. 

Baylor had a great season last year, but part of that was a favorable schedule and some timely meltdowns by opponents. They got Texas, Oklahoma, West Virginia, BYU, Iowa State, and Tech at home, where they were a much better team. Their road games were at Texas State (9 point win), Kansas (38 point win), Kansas State (10 point win), Oklahoma State (10 point loss) and TCU (2 point loss). ISU shot itself in the face multiple times in a close loss. Then OSU threw 4 picks in the conference championship game and somehow only lost by 5. I wouldn't pencil in a loss to Baylor just yet.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Of note (referring to Jordan Addison)

20D6CC60-36DF-4FDF-BF35-F9A0A17B6647.jpeg.17a983985e843ccefeca8906c855d203.jpeg

U$C in a verbal breech of contract with Jordan Addison?! How is this possible?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but Addison can't transfer again, right? I forget, but I don't think he is a graduate transfer.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas and Oregon put the CFB world on tilt with their respective NIL efforts. Many alumni bases are reacting pragmatically and trying to build something competitive of their own that fits their specific goals and means. Some bases will be able to compete across all sports in an arms race with Oregon and Texas. Ohio State and Michigan. Notre Dame and Penn State. Maybe Georgia. They’ll have to want to do it, of course. There are others like Bama and LSU who will figure out how to be competitive at the top of the elite recruit list every year, but their bases have already blanched at what it is going to take to do it. The price of poker went up. Bag money is dwarfed already.

Then you have Oklahoma, USC, and Tennessee. Kansas too, bizarrely, and I’m sure we’ll hear about more, but all of these groups basically just decided to tout made up shit or vapor prospective nonsense. I guess they figure they’ll just figure it out on the fly or are equating some of it to the black market where they’ll say one thing and do another with players and get away with it. It doesn’t work that way when players, parents, handlers and agents can talk openly to whoever the fuck they feel like. So yeah, Addison hadn’t seen a dime as of a few days ago. Barry Switzer just making shit up on behalf of OU might stall some momentum away from them for a bit, but the recruit-side wises up quickly and they’re going to start asking for proof and asking on-campus players for truth. 

ATM is in a whole different situation. They went full big black bag, tried to mock NIL to recruits as fake shit and got away with that for a spell, and expected to establish themselves as a player in the under the table game for the foreseeable future. In one of the more ironic twists even for the aggies, it appears as though their zeal for coming over the top of accepted norms in the stealth game has caused two major reverberations against them  - 1) they accelerated everyone else’s interest in NIL as a means of countering their bag behavior and 2) they have become everyone’s favorite whipping boy in negative recruiting. Fisher and the AD attempting to “I am not a crook!” all of it and pointing fingers elsewhere and making threats hasn’t helped their cause. In the most on-brand aggie maneuver of all time, ATM pulled the NIL bookshelf on top of themselves just as they thought they were getting going. 

I enjoy this post. I endorse dropping it into the busier 2023 thread.

• Hook 'Em 4

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas and Oregon put the CFB world on tilt with their respective NIL efforts. Many alumni bases are reacting pragmatically and trying to build something competitive of their own that fits their specific goals and means. Some bases will be able to compete across all sports in an arms race with Oregon and Texas. Ohio State and Michigan. Notre Dame and Penn State. Maybe Georgia. They’ll have to want to do it, of course. There are others like Bama and LSU who will figure out how to be competitive at the top of the elite recruit list every year, but their bases have already blanched at what it is going to take to do it. The price of poker went up. Bag money is dwarfed already.

Then you have Oklahoma, USC, and Tennessee. Kansas too, bizarrely, and I’m sure we’ll hear about more, but all of these groups basically just decided to tout made up shit or vapor prospective nonsense. I guess they figure they’ll just figure it out on the fly or are equating some of it to the black market where they’ll say one thing and do another with players and get away with it. It doesn’t work that way when players, parents, handlers and agents can talk openly to whoever the fuck they feel like. So yeah, Addison hadn’t seen a dime as of a few days ago. Barry Switzer just making shit up on behalf of OU might stall some momentum away from them for a bit, but the recruit-side wises up quickly and they’re going to start asking for proof and asking on-campus players for truth. 

ATM is in a whole different situation. They went full big black bag, tried to mock NIL to recruits as fake shit and got away with that for a spell, and expected to establish themselves as a player in the under the table game for the foreseeable future. In one of the more ironic twists even for the aggies, it appears as though their zeal for coming over the top of accepted norms in the stealth game has caused two major reverberations against them  - 1) they accelerated everyone else’s interest in NIL as a means of countering their bag behavior and 2) they have become everyone’s favorite whipping boy in negative recruiting. Fisher and the AD attempting to “I am not a crook!” all of it and pointing fingers elsewhere and making threats hasn’t helped their cause. In the most on-brand aggie maneuver of all time, ATM pulled the NIL bookshelf on top of themselves just as they thought they were getting going. 

0F034FD4-BE86-4C6F-8414-01ADF8B158E9.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

If I was Addison id be back home in Maryland until the shit got sorted.  Also the price would be increasing every day.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Askew said:

If I’m Addison And there is a substantial lack of promises kept, I’m opting out and heading to the draft healthy. 

Teams are desperate for elite WRs. 

and burning USC down in the process.

Edited by Bevo

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Bookshelves GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

https://brobible.com/sports/article/usc-jordan-addison-pissed-nil-promises/

Not a great idea to burn bridges when it comes to NIL. 

Spoiler

Jordan Addison’s decision to transfer out of Pittsburgh was one of the biggest and most controversial stories of the college football offseason. The reigning Biletnikoff Award winner, given to the best receiver in the FBS, ultimately ended up at USC and is set to play a crucial role in the Trojans’ offense.

To get to that point, it was quite the process.

The entire Addison saga began in late April with a eye-popping report. It said that he was set to transfer to USC and that a big NIL package was attached.

The report set off a huge chain reaction. Pitt head coach Pat Narduzzi even reportedly called Lincoln Riley multiple times to voice his displeasure.

A few days later, Addison’s name officially appeared in the portal. At that point, his list of suitors was down to five.

Considering that Addison may have turned down a high six-figure NIL deal to transfer to an SEC East program, an expensive bidding war was likely set to unfold. Ultimately, the decision came down to Texas, USC and Alabama.

Many Oklahoma fans, after seeing what happened with Caleb Williams, believed that Riley was behind the smoke. They may or may not have been right, because in the end, Addison ended up committing to USC.

It is unclear as to whether NIL played a part in Jordan Addison’s decision to play for Riley and Southern California.

No details have been released about Addison’s reported package. There has been no indication that he has signed a single deal. He has not announced any partnerships. He has not posted any sort of promotional content to his social media.

However, Gerry Hamilton, a Senior National Recruiting Analyst at On3 Sports, says that promises were made to Addison. Although Hamilton did not share what the promises were, he made a significant claim about the star receiver and how he is feeling.

According to Hamilton, “Addison has been pissed in recent weeks because what he was promised hadn’t been followed through on.”

Again, Hamilton did not elaborate on the promises. They may not have anything to do with NIL. They might have everything to do with NIL. Hamilton did not go into detail.

All that Hamilton said was that Addison “has been pissed” about promises that have not “been followed through on.” He left the rest to interpretation.

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

I wonder at the mechanics of this.  Did Lincoln just make promises first and figure he could guilt the boosters into covering them?  Like when Kramer promised the cancer kid that Paul O'Neill would hit 2 HRs?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Not that I'm surprised by the journalistic quality of BroBible, but they just turned a one-sentence statement from Hamilton into an unnecessarily long and repetitive article, and it was worse than most 995ers.

Again, I don't expect much out of BroBible. However, they could've cut that article at least in half. 

Instead, they drag it along by rephrasing the same lines with different words, akin to those who take a quote from a HS recruit and spit out 500 words of meaningless nonsense.

On the other hand, a recent study showed that a longer article is much more likely to draw greater national media attention. 67.3894% more attention, to be precise.

• Hook 'Em 1

I wonder at the mechanics of this.  Did Lincoln just make promises first and figure he could guilt the boosters into covering them?  Like when Kramer promised the cancer kid that Paul O'Neill would hit 2 HRs?

This is gold jerry - Gold!

2 hours ago, futureman said:

you know, a school with money’s a little like the mule with a spinning wheel…

Ya know?  Im here for the football knowledge. But im also here for the trainwrecks.  Gotta get your entertainment sonewhere. 

So, i dont mute people. But, my lord,  you are a fucking trial. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Ya know?  Im here for the football knowledge. But im also here for the trainwrecks.  Gotta get your entertainment sonewhere. 

Ahem, another reason not to quote him!

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

no one knows how he got it and danged if he knows how to use it. 

4 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

The dog who eats avocados video was okay, but the Simpsons quote was too much? 

On 7/10/2022 at 9:36 AM, immamac said:

Color me surprised that people promising NIL as enticement have not followed through at all and those who have done everything by the book have set expectations that will be met. 

It's almost like the people in charge of Texas NIL may have had a plan. It's almost like, that plan was tested at a smaller scale before turning it into a death star. 

Unlike the other Death Star we actually made sure our thermal exhaust port was covered, while others left their thermal exhaust ports wide open

YARN | oil up a couple of asses and do a little plowing of our own. | It's  Always Sunny in Philadelphia (2005) - S08E02 The Gang Recycles Their Trash  | Video

Always Sunny Quotes on Twitter: "It involves us pulling up our bootstraps,  oiling up a couple of asses, and doing a little plowing of our own.  https://t.co/7PCNSiPXZd" / Twitter

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Gerry made another reference to Jordan Addison saying he had something that could boost their prospects thread 75 pages.

I think he was making a joke about giving their new prospects thread a numbers boost, not hinting about anything new. Just referencing the shit he stirred up the first time he mentioned something. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I think he was making a joke about giving their new prospects thread a numbers boost, not hinting about anything new. Just referencing the shit he stirred up the first time he mentioned something. 

adam savage mythbusters GIF

• Haha 5

For the love of all things holy... Please, please let Addison expose USC and burn that bitch down. Or, force them into a waiver and come to the promise land. (Not that I know if that is even a possibility)

A cautious tale though, if he truly wanted to leave Pitt. Should have followed the coach that helped get you to where you are and has your interests in mind.

Edited by mannewers
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Anwar and Ketch discuss Jordan Addison at 1:09:50. They cover Addison getting screwed and  him reaching out to Texas. Anwar says he should sit out the season. 

Those guys have no idea what has happened with Addison, USC, or Texas. They’re spinning something out of whole cloth there and two random posters that follow this board could easily do the same and probably me more entertaining.  

• Like 1