2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Bevo said:

He is about the same height and weight as Gullette and Walton.

Not really. Gullette was 225 after his junior year. That guy was 215 coming out of high school. 10 pounds and a year younger is a big difference. Gullette has the frame to get to 245-250 which is plenty for a weak side edge. 

PK usually has the weak side edge in the 240-250 range and the strong side on the 255-265 range, which is pretty normal for most 4 man fronts. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3. WR Isaiah Neyor, Texas

Texas went out and added more firepower for Steve Sarkisian to work with in year two of his tenure. Isaiah Neyor comes to Austin after starring at Wyoming, catching 44 passes for 878 yards and 12 touchdowns as a redshirt freshman in 2021. Neyor features big-play ability, evidenced by more than 20 yards per reception, and he has a chance to be the No. 2 receiver in a talented offense. Neyor should complement star wideout Xavier Worthy well and become a favorite target of whoever wins the QB battle in Austin.

2. QB Quinn Ewers, Texas

Speaking of the quarterback battle at Texas, Quinn Ewers lands at No. 2 on this list. The former five-star passer was rated as the No. 1 overall player in the nation coming out of high school - despite enrolling a year early. The reason Ewers does not top these rankings is simply inexperience. It still remains to be seen what Ewers can do on the collegiate level. However, he looks to be in line to win the starting position in Steve Sarkisian's offense, and the talent that he possesses is evident.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 9:36 AM, immamac said:

Color me surprised that people promising NIL as enticement have not followed through at all and those who have done everything by the book have set expectations that will be met. 

It's almost like the people in charge of Texas NIL may have had a plan. It's almost like, that plan was tested at a smaller scale before turning it into a death star. 

So we were the guinea pigs on the cutting room floor.

Guess this is counts as a 2022 transfer guy if they somehow end up giving him a scholarship ??

LANE KIFFIN SAYS OLE MISS FOUND ITS NEW PUNTER AT A KEG PARTY ON CAMPUS

by MARK HARRIS

Ole Miss was lacking depth at the punter position, so it did what any respectable program would do: take a visit to fraternity row and see if any of the guys on campus can kick a football. It turns out that head coach Lane Kiffin found his guy in Charlie Pollock.

After the Rebels’ scrimmage on Saturday, Kiffin was asked about his team’s new punter and a very Kiffin-esque explanation about how they discovered Pollock.

“I don’t know a whole lot about him. I think he was down at the frat house, like at a keg party or something, where they got him from,” Kiffin told the media. “So, we have condition work to do with my guy. But we just said, ‘Hey, someone go find a punter around campus,’ so we found one that actually used to punt in Division I. So, you never know.”

GettyImages-1344521749-e1634829999765.jpg.6595048cbfcaa8ddd55fddbe73b5a708.jpg

(Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

As Kiffin eluded to, Pollock does have a resume that includes punting in college.

Pollock was the No. 13 punter in the nation in his 2020 recruiting class and signed with Nevada out of high school. He did not see any action in 2021 with the Wolfpack before entering the transfer portal.

Obviously, he did not find a new home out of the transfer portal and appears to have just been living the life of a regular student at Ole Miss before Kiffin and his staff discovered him.

Talk about a nice break for Kiffin and the Rebels.

Ole Miss has been shorthanded at punter with Fraser Masin, the only other punter on the roster, being injured throughout fall practices. Now, the Rebels find a guy casually hanging out at a keg party down the street that was a nationally recognized punter.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'd love to watch our blue hairs shit themselves if we fire Sark in the future we hire Kiffin. That dude with Austin as his recruiting backdrop would crush it.

Isn’t the rumor that Kiffin hates recruiting?

Edited by Hookem2147

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

That’s what I figured. Only time you see him get involved with a recruit is if he’s from the portal.

He knows he can't land elite talent against other SEC schools. And he hates recruiting so why would he bust his ass recruiting top talent when he knows it's unlikely he will get them to commit...or just wait a year or two when those talented players wash out at 'Bama and other schools and scoop them up?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He knows he can't land elite talent against other SEC schools. And he hates recruiting so why would he bust his ass recruiting top talent when he knows it's unlikely he will get them to commit...or just wait a year or two when those talented players wash out at 'Bama and other schools and scoop them up?

Someone at Ole Miss must be recruiting - even if it happens to be only transfer portal recruits.

14 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

How long do blue hairs live?   The blue hairs were screwing things up when I was in school 30 years ago.  And there they still are, with their butts bolted in their seats for 1.5 hours solid out of a possible 3.5 during the games.  Those people need to purchase the farm already.  

Pro Wrestling Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

15 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

How long do blue hairs live?   The blue hairs were screwing things up when I was in school 30 years ago.  And there they still are, with their butts bolted in their seats for 1.5 hours solid out of a possible 3.5 during the games.  Those people need to purchase the farm already.  

That’s the thing about these blue hairs, man. I get older, they stay the same age

• Hook 'Em 2