2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

55 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

I know what Brandr is.  I'm saying it's incredible simple to state "strategic leveraging of NIL opportunities" means approving such things for Caleb Williams and other players. 

How do you feel about:

IMHO "strategic leveraging of NIL opportunities" is a very benign statement to try and assign a violation of any rule, including the highlighted portion in your post.  There isn't an athletic department in the country that isn't presenting recruits with information about how they can maximize their earning potential at X University. I appreciate you taking the time and I won't derail any further.

That GT thing is a massive violation of true. I agree it’s benign but it is an invite for eyes and I will do whatever I can to draw eyes on others that may not be playing by the rules because we certainly are to the exact letter

42 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

thats an ESPN article and references TiVo person saying something and no comment from Georgia Tech that I can see.

the OU thing is an AD release referencing NIL about a specific player.  the funny thing is it could be some type of smoke signal telling their donors we need "cash for caleb".

I get that it may not matter and isn't "OMG! OMG! OU bought Caleb a Gold Trans AM and sent out the receipt to the press!" but it is interesting.

Ya, that statement is a call to arms for the donors to start with the NIL stuff or get left behind. It also paints the kid as having his hand out on purpose

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

If no to UGA is USC completely out of it for williams?  I would laugh if he goes to gamecocks to beat out rattler 

I have heard a lot of Miami talk and for a long time. If that Brady stuff is true it makes even more sense

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Maybe he fills the hole left by Ewers when he picked Texas over Texas Tech and heads to Lubbock.

35d9db68141479ece6e53e79df901e29.gif

Ewers would have been 4th on the depth chart there. That QB room is STACKED. Caleb may have to walk on 😂 

• Haha 3

An OU mod also supposedly mentioned Caleb Williams / Miami. 

If he goes to Miami, 

- This season, we were rooting for Casey Thompson as he led Texas to a 28-7 lead over OU, quarterbacked by Rattler and Williams.

- Next season, we could be rooting against Casey, and for Rattler and Williams (both vs. the aggies)

Wow.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

An OU mod also supposedly mentioned Caleb Williams / Miami. 

If he goes to Miami, 

- This season, we were rooting for Casey Thompson as he led Texas to a 28-7 lead over OU, quarterbacked by Rattler and Williams.

- Next season, we could be rooting against Casey, and for Rattler and Williams (both vs. the aggies)

Wow.

I'm not rooting for anyone besides Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

I hope OU gets so butthurt by this that they open the flood gates on the Aggy bag game and burn them down.  This is like your ex, who you left, meeting someone new, acting like they are so much better off, she cheats on him, gets kicked out, is homeless and then wants to get even with any and every one.  I hope sooner is that angry vindictive bitch and let’s it fly!

BTW…. Fuck the Brocks.  

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

it does say prospective so seems like someone who is not on scholarship yet.

the OU release is specifically in relation to  Caleb Williams and how they can discuss strategic NIL opportunities with him. 

and now Williams is in the portal so that makes him a prospective student athlete to OU now correct?

State of Texas NIL law does not apply to Caleb Williams wrt University of Oklahoma

2 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Weird that 247 did the list with Caleb on top and are giving him a top rating. 

image.png.4f3471d111342176539413036575b8cb.png

Williams has extensive game performance already would be my wager. 

1 hour ago, gernblansten said:

I know what Brandr is.  I'm saying it's incredible simple to state "strategic leveraging of NIL opportunities" means approving such things for Caleb Williams and other players. 

How do you feel about:

IMHO "strategic leveraging of NIL opportunities" is a very benign statement to try and assign a violation of any rule, including the highlighted portion in your post.  There isn't an athletic department in the country that isn't presenting recruits with information about how they can maximize their earning potential at X University. I appreciate you taking the time and I won't derail any further.

Listen, I hate to say it, but I know of one major university that for certain isn’t consistently doing this…

26 minutes ago, Shonen said:

State of Texas NIL law does not apply to Caleb Williams wrt University of Oklahoma

State Laws are different, but the laws cited in this instance are federal/ncaa. They supersede state laws. 

3 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

After watching Texas trip over their own dicks for a decade, it's nice to see ou finally doing so. Things are imploding up there. 

You hate to see it. But more than that, you love to see it. 

They’ll probably find a way to do all of their imploding spectacularly over 2 or 3 years, then be right back at it in the sec westernmost. 

Whereas we have limped on down the shoulder on the rim for 12 seasons 

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

lol @Sbbruin

UCLA can't do much until they stabilize their coaching situation.  Too much uncertainty.  Chip is in the last year of his contract, and his buyout drops to zero in a few days. They either need to extend the fucking guy, or move on to somebody else. 

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yes. We should regulate and make changes to college football based on YOUR feelings. 

So you would be ok with athletes in the NFL, MLB, and the NBA being able to up and leave a team whenever they wanted for no reason at all?  I'm guessing not idiot.

If OU had any balls, they'd pull the fucker's scholarship right now and tell him to go to hell.

Edited by cabowabo
  • Fuck You 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)