2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

1 minute ago, NoName said:

is the GP version of this holding a pickers circle at the 50 yard line during OVs?

"Now ya see, Roy Orbison play a Gibson just like th...."

"Who?"

"Roy Orbison *starts to sweat*?

"Yah, who the hell is that?"

*THERE IS A WHOLE PUDDLE OF SWEAT BELOW GARY RIGHT NOW AND HIS FACE IS TURNING RED

53 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Thanks for clearing that up......I think. Like I said, I won't change and neither will he. I'm pretty sure you will continue being you as well, as this post is substantial evidence. Nothing will change, nothing to see here.

People change. It's called "learning" and I'd like to think that I do that on occasion. For instance, I've gone from finding you to be a relatively innocuous poster that @SydneyCarton and other angry howlers from the crowd bitched at regularly to viewing you as something of a thin-skinned jellyfish who needs to man up.

47 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

My my, how things change. Is this one of those times we're you're constantly reassessing after acquiring more information?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm sure many will agree with me when they are thrilled you've come around if for no other reason that CTJ - White Knight of the 9.95 Board was a really, really disconcerting feeling for the rest of us. 

*Where* and yes, I am always reassessing. You should try it some time. Hey, it's a new year. No time better than the present to try to set a new standard for yourself. I think we'd all like to see you aspire towards something perhaps more thoughtful and good natured than a prematurely-aged Walt Kowalski.

You dipshits were declaring jihad and were about to try to crowdsource the little guy. I viewed that, and view that still, as unnecessary. He's got a place here, albeit lately as a punching bag. 

I don't know, maybe I'm bored waiting on some things to click on the work end and being inordinately wanton today. 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, MoJames said:

If you do start a new handle, you can use a different Alice Goodwin avatar. Some options.

uqfulcnsw.jpg

Alice-Goodwin-sexy-glamour-girl-PSG068-c

e935a3636a7b054476b0aefa943ae4b8--alice-

You olds have terrible taste in women. Y’all would fuck a dude with some big ass titties. No judgement.

Edited by CastHorn
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

My original point was BO&W is a low-functioning dufus and if he's someone causing you angst here, you're not doing it right, should push away from your monitor for a bit, change your handle out of the shame of it, and start over again in a couple of years. By then, our resident incel will have probably driven his early 80's Chevy van into a crowd of women at an anti-Trump rally and you can go back to your inane posting habits with impunity.

My second point was tangential for my own entertainment and also - whoosh.

You have Bama connection(s). Were there any open secrets about Sanders in the program? Was he a malcontent? Homesick?

18 minutes ago, Jamaal.25 said:

Fuck, he's white?! Chalk up another L, I guess..

Nah it just means PK might actually fucking play him     (/s)

4 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

You have Bama connection(s). Were there any open secrets about Sanders in the program? Was he a malcontent? Homesick?

Sanders is stuck behind two of the best Edge players, including probably THE best, in the nation. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I might be wrong on this, but I feel like I watched Johnson play during 2020 at NW and thought "man, that guy wasn't even close to being worth the hype" and that was after the plucky starter, who'd beaten Johnson out after the fans and media handed Johnson the job, tore his knee up in a game and Johnson came in for him. I don't know if I'm getting players wrong on that, but I swear I watched that unfold last year between NW and somebody. 

Really helpful, I know. 

I can confirm as a NW fan on the side. He may have been 4-5 stars in HS but the college game is WAY too fast for him. If he has all day to throw he’s pretty good, but the line was not good this year and his ability was not good enough to make a difference. Actually glad he’s gone. 

18 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Last week and this week are not good weeks to reach out those folks, especially to discuss their thoughts on highly rated players leaving their program. If I hear something, I'll pass it on.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

People change. It's called "learning" and I'd like to think that I do that on occasion. For instance, I've gone from finding you to be a relatively innocuous poster that @SydneyCarton and other angry howlers from the crowd bitched at regularly to viewing you as something of a thin-skinned jellyfish who needs to man up.

This is a knee jerk reaction on your part. I don't have deep a posting history complaining about people attacking me. I do frequently bring up the fact that in some threads people are overly negative with their "sky is falling attitude" about the football program specifically right before the turn around in recruiting. The issues @SydneyCarton had/has with me has less to do with the football/recruiting threads than you could possibly be aware of. Most often people just follow someone else's lead in that regard. I would hope and think for the most part me and @SydneyCarton  set aside our differences. We agree on some things, disagree on others but have been amicable as of late. I hold no ill will against him or others. We aren't all going to get along all the time. 

At the same time, I don't appreciate internet bullies repeatedly going after me or other people to make themselves feel good,  important, smarter or whatever gets them hard. I have a good sense of humor and can find that poking funny, I even do it myself but when people make it personal and aren't trying to be funny, just asses, I take exception to it.

Edited by Longhornlove

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Last week and this week are not good weeks to reach out those folks, especially to discuss their thoughts on highly rated players leaving their program. If I hear something, I'll pass it on.

Appreciate it.

I’ll take that to mean that he wasn’t like a Quinn where there were open rumblings for several weeks. 

24 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Seems like an awkward time to talk to any Alabama fans.  
“Well other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?”

Edited by Professor Chesney
Please disregard, didn’t catch up to the thread and someone already made a similar comment.
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

This is a knee jerk reaction on your part. I don't have deep a posting history complaining about people attacking me. I do frequently bring up the fact that in some threads people are overly negative with their "sky is falling attitude" about the football program specifically right before the turn around in recruiting. The issues @SydneyCarton had/has with me has less to do with the football/recruiting threads than you could possibly be aware of. Most often people just follow someone else's lead in that regard. I would hope and think for the most part me and @SydneyCarton and I have for the most part set aside our differences. We agree on some things, disagree on others but have been amicable as of late. I hold no ill will against him or others. We aren't all going to get along all the time. 

At the same time, I don't appreciate internet bullies repeatedly going after me or other people to make themselves feel good,  important, smarter or whatever gets them hard. I have a good sense of humor and can find that poking funny, I even do it myself but when people make it personal and aren't trying to be funny, just asses, I take exception to it.

FWIW, between the three of you you win the avatar contest in a beatdown worse than the 1991 Cotton Bowl…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Freshwater has landed some pretty good players from the portal.

He better. They didn't recruit well at all. Buddy who is a huge Ole Miss guy says they don't feel they can compete in recruiting with what is being paid to these kids. So he is going to focus on the portal game and see if they can fill their roster out that way.

8 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

This is a knee jerk reaction on your part. I don't have deep a posting history complaining about people attacking me. I do frequently bring up the fact that in some threads people are overly negative with their "sky is falling attitude" about the football program specifically right before the turn around in recruiting. The issues @SydneyCarton had/has with me has less to do with the football/recruiting threads than you could possibly be aware of. Most often people just follow someone else's lead in that regard. I would hope and think for the most part me and @SydneyCarton  set aside our differences. We agree on some things, disagree on others but have been amicable as of late. I hold no ill will against him or others. We aren't all going to get along all the time. 

I like you and want you to stick around b/c that picture in your avatar does funny things for me.  Or maybe I want you to leave so I won't be tempted to lust.  But yeah, those cans are ridiculous.  I don't know if I'm an old or not at 43, but until about 20 posts ago I've never heard someone suggest that having sex with someone with big boobs isn't somehow desirable.  This place always amuses me but occasionally confuses or perplexes me. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I like you and want you to stick around b/c that picture in your avatar does funny things for me.  Or maybe I want you to leave so I won't be tempted to lust.  But yeah, those cans are ridiculous.  I don't know if I'm an old or not at 43, but until about 20 posts ago I've never heard someone suggest that having sex with someone with big boobs isn't somehow desirable.  This place always amuses me but occasionally confuses or perplexes me. 

I'm not going anywhere, I just go through stretches where I don't have time to post.

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

The olds defending themselves with gender identity insults is v on brand.

No gender identity insult coming form me.  Merely confusion at why any heterosexual male would knock having sex with women with large breasts.  I can't believe the world changed that much in the last 15 or 20 years yet here we are.

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Ignatius said:

I aim to please….as long as it doesn’t involve licking someone’s shitbox….

Disclaimer - I might be drunk

Narrator- “Far more than he realized….”

Ironic considering this is the transfer thread & we're all hoping to do just that to Bama/UGA/OU/etc.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

I aim to please….as long as it doesn’t involve licking someone’s shitbox….

Disclaimer - I might be drunk

Narrator- “Far more than he realized….”

The phrase is tongue punch their fart box

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)