2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

I don't quite get so many people dismissing Card as a QB. Is there any reason to believe he hit his ceiling last year? Has Ewers done anything in a college game at all?

Let's get this out of the way:

If you think Card is better than Ewers (deep breath through mouth) you're an idiot!

I'm just saying it's all unknown at this point. Ewers is the better prospect, but Hudson may also be very good. May the best player win out.

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Appreciate it.

I’ll take that to mean that he wasn’t like a Quinn where there were open rumblings for several weeks. 

By the time IT is mentioning something like that, you can safely assume that the program said player is leaving will also know. Unlike the others, the IT guys will sit on that kind of thing until it's no longer in danger of causing a problem with that player leaving. So, there were rumblings and Bama no doubt knew.

37 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

This is a knee jerk reaction on your part. I don't have deep a posting history complaining about people attacking me. I do frequently bring up the fact that in some threads people are overly negative with their "sky is falling attitude" about the football program specifically right before the turn around in recruiting. The issues @SydneyCarton had/has with me has less to do with the football/recruiting threads than you could possibly be aware of. Most often people just follow someone else's lead in that regard. I would hope and think for the most part me and @SydneyCarton  set aside our differences. We agree on some things, disagree on others but have been amicable as of late. I hold no ill will against him or others. We aren't all going to get along all the time. 

At the same time, I don't appreciate internet bullies repeatedly going after me or other people to make themselves feel good,  important, smarter or whatever gets them hard. I have a good sense of humor and can find that poking funny, I even do it myself but when people make it personal and aren't trying to be funny, just asses, I take exception to it.

You are exposing way too much soft underbelly on this thread today and you're making it difficult for some of us to keep the long knives sheathed. Good lord, man.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

By the time IT is mentioning something like that, you can safely assume that the program said player is leaving will also know. Unlike the others, the IT guys will sit on that kind of thing until it's no longer in danger of causing a problem with that player leaving. So, there were rumblings and Bama no doubt knew.

You are exposing way too much soft underbelly on this thread today and you're making it difficult for some of us to keep the long knives sheathed. Good lord, man.

Shark Tank Writing GIF

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't quite get so many people dismissing Card as a QB. Is there any reason to believe he hit his ceiling last year? Has Ewers done anything in a college game at all?

If you think Card is better than Ewers (deep breath through mouth) you're an idiot!

I'm just saying it's all unknown at this point. Ewers is the better prospect, but Hudson may also be very good. May the best player win out.

He looked frightened and bad after IT spent the offseason puffing him up to goose the value of that NIL deal they had with him. That plus getting COVID three dang times and still refusing the vaccine doesn't exactly endear him to the fanbase.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He looked frightened and bad after IT spent the offseason puffing him up to goose the value of that NIL deal they had with him. That plus getting COVID three dang times and still refusing the vaccine doesn't exactly endear him to the fanbase.

Thanks for the response.

I didn't know about the COVID idiocy. He's not responsible for IT's expectations, and I really can't fault any young QB for getting shaky behind this awful OL.

My feeling that he is still promising is mitigated by the COVID stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Thanks for the response.

I didn't know about the COVID idiocy. He's not responsible for IT's expectations, and I really can't fault any young QB for getting shaky behind this awful OL.

My feeling that he is still promising is mitigated by the COVID stuff. 

By the end of the season the OL was pretty decent and most of the issues were on the QB. Say what you will but Card was indecisive and lost the entire season.

4 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

By the end of the season the OL was pretty decent and most of the issues were on the QB. Say what you will but Card was indecisive and lost the entire season.

I said nothing other than that. I suggest that he has not attained his ceiling. I not once said he was effective last year. Colt wasn't effective the first few games of 2006. He hadn't attained his ceiling. Colt's was very high as it turned out. We've yet to discover that about Hudson.

Thus, I'm not writing him off altogether.

2 minutes ago, HillCountryBevo said:

I’ve been in hospital for past couple of days. Cliff notes?

The TexAgs variant of AIDS/COVID has infected the board with long, unfunny tangents and derailments.

Also, everybody is impatient since signing day which is really rare for this circumspect board.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Are his hands gonna grow in the next 8 months?

I didn't think so.

38 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

sounds good

IMG_6742.GIF.720855270eab60ccb620a0238489ae16.GIF

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

He actually looked a lot better vs WV. It took a ripped pass lucky completion to get him on track, but he was far and away the best QB that day. I still think he is a bit mental frail for the job, but he definitely looked improved in his last game. 

1 hour ago, Nuge said:

That is not out of the realm of possibility.  It could happen.

I mean, did I seem like I was joking when I typed it? It seems like a great chance of happening at this point. His numbers aren’t blowing anyone away, unless he’s been injured. He will need to take a step down. 

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

This is a knee jerk reaction on your part. I don't have deep a posting history complaining about people attacking me. I do frequently bring up the fact that in some threads people are overly negative with their "sky is falling attitude" about the football program specifically right before the turn around in recruiting. The issues @SydneyCarton had/has with me has less to do with the football/recruiting threads than you could possibly be aware of. Most often people just follow someone else's lead in that regard. I would hope and think for the most part me and @SydneyCarton  set aside our differences. We agree on some things, disagree on others but have been amicable as of late. I hold no ill will against him or others. We aren't all going to get along all the time. 

At the same time, I don't appreciate internet bullies repeatedly going after me or other people to make themselves feel good,  important, smarter or whatever gets them hard. I have a good sense of humor and can find that poking funny, I even do it myself but when people make it personal and aren't trying to be funny, just asses, I take exception to it.

Listen buddy, you may not believe this, but it is the earnest truth. My criticism and commentary on yours, and almost everyone else’s posts, are given on a post by post basis. If you, or anyone else, posts something I think is dumb I comment on it.  90% of the posters I have issues with or don’t think are worth my time for whatever reason are on ignore. I pos rep posts all the time from posters I generally don’t get along with. In other words, congrats on being a better poster lately. 

as for what issues I have with you, that are “less about recruiting than you could know” I also have no idea what you’re talking about. In the words of Don Draper, I don’t think about you at all. I guess myopic sunshine pumping gets tedious for me, and that’s often you, but you’re not alone in that regard, sadly. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Well, the coaching staff is telling folks they don’t think he has “it” and isn’t the guy. Does that count? And this is a crew that helped make Mac Jones a first round pick. 

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I said nothing other than that. I suggest that he has not attained his ceiling. I not once said he was effective last year. Colt wasn't effective the first few games of 2006. He hadn't attained his ceiling. Colt's was very high as it turned out. We've yet to discover that about Hudson.

Thus, I'm not writing him off altogether.

He showed no promise at all. No pocket awareness, inaccurate, and routinely rattled. The staff desperately wanted him to be the starter and he couldn’t keep it against Casey Thompson’s noodle arm.

If he plays for us next year, we’re fucked. He can go discover his ceiling at Incarnate Word

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

He showed no promise at all. No pocket awareness, inaccurate, and routinely rattled. The staff desperately wanted him to be the starter and he couldn’t keep it against Casey Thompson’s noodle arm.

If he plays for us next year, we’re fucked. He can go discover his ceiling at Incarnate Word

IMG_0377.GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Card is a legit prospect at QB. He has almost everything you want physically. The issues are his mental make up. He was put in a bad situation. Vs Ark and he froze. Even in other games he has looked good and then 1 mistake and he goes down the rabbit hole.  I once said that Card froze vs Ark. Put Sam in that same situation and he would have thrown 4 Ints. He would have been just as unprepared and bad, but he would have kept swinging. On the flip side, he came in vs WV and looked scared. He gets a ripped pass completed for a 1st down and he completely changed. He is young, so maybe he gets over it, but I wouldn’t bet on it 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, did I seem like I was joking when I typed it? It seems like a great chance of happening at this point. His numbers aren’t blowing anyone away, unless he’s been injured. He will need to take a step down. 

Listen buddy, you may not believe this, but it is the earnest truth. My criticism and commentary on yours, and almost everyone else’s posts, are given on a post by post basis. If you, or anyone else, posts something I think is dumb I comment on it.  90% of the posters I have issues with or don’t think are worth my time for whatever reason are on ignore. I pos rep posts all the time from posters I generally don’t get along with. In other words, congrats on being a better poster lately. 

as for what issues I have with you, that are “less about recruiting than you could know” I also have no idea what you’re talking about. In the words of Don Draper, I don’t think about you at all. I guess myopic sunshine pumping gets tedious for me, and that’s often you, but you’re not alone in that regard, sadly. 

Fair enough

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Data point on Campbell, too...

Campbell would be one of the early calls of Harbs go to the NFL.

I would love to see some more chaos this late in the coaching cycle.

The trickle down on who would end up at ISU as a late offseason hire would be real interesting to see…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

You shouldn't be recruiting athletes to play baseball. Does it help, yes if you have been playing. It's way more about hand-eye coordination, especially in hitting. Nice to have athletes in the outfield, especially center. You need hitters, those guys aren't always great athletes.

When the baseball team has to divide 11.7 scholarships amongst the entire team, it is a huge benefit to have a player on full scholarship via other means (football).

While I’m not sure how much Baseball would factor into Mario Williams‘ decision, David Pierce could absolutely use a fast, rangy, athletic player as a defensive replacement and pinch runner and would value a position like that over a 12th pitcher or fringe freshman.  If there is any legitimacy to Williams’ interest in baseball, Texas baseball should absolutely try to help with that recruitment. 

Furthermore, with the MLB shrinking the draft soon (evidenced by the COVID draft in 2020 and outspoken desires from MLB front office members), and more and more minor league baseball teams going away, college baseball athletes will be more marketable and players who would have gone into the draft will now be playing in college with fewer rounds in the draft.  Absolutely bar minimum, Baseball would give Mario Williams a point of leverage similar to Kyler Murray. 

Edited by T3SL4
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Can confirm

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Oh indeed, I don’t identify as an ass or titties man. I married both

Can confirm

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)