2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

18 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

As a Katy ISD product from about ten years ago - if you go to the higher performing ones (Seven Lakes, Cinco Ranch etc...) the classes are large and really competitive. I had an A average and a pretty good ACT/SAT score, played sports and did some other shit and I wasn't even in the top 10%. And at the time of my graduating UT had already dropped from top 10% to I think 8%. I had to transfer into Texas after a year. 

As much as I love Texas and being a Longhorn was my only dream in life. Looking back taking some money from Arky, or some other university. Probably would have been smart. Still would't change a thing though. 

Evidently UT failed to teach you about sentence fragments, so yeah you should've just saved your money.

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

Buddy of mine has a son in the Honors College at UF. He turned down 2 ivies for the full ride to UF. I think UF is a top 30 school now and in the top 5 of public universities. Getting in to UF is rough for in-state kids, and very difficult for out of state kids. 

This is correct. Florida isn’t begging anyone to come. They have plenty of candidates. 

48 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Mario Williams committed to OU without ever stepping on campus because of his relationship with Caleb Williams. The fact he actually visited other places should be telling of his legit interest in at least looking around for non Caleb Williams destinations. 

I think he just has time and figures why not just visit for the hell of it. We of course want to try out of hope. He is going where Caleb goes imo. 

I hope the Addison smoke is real. That would be an absolutely insane WR core. 

26 minutes ago, Fud said:

The "seven" number is a one time additional up-to seven spots made available on a one-in-one-out basis of outgoing transfers. They can be used in the same fashion the usual 25 counters are used; "new scholarships", meaning signees or incoming scholarship transfers. So, assuming no room from previous classes, you can take 32 transfers and no signees, or 32 signees or no transfers, for this class. 

They'll likely change this one time rule to permanent annual rule, but they haven't done that yet. 

That makes sense, thanks.

So right now we have 27 HS commits, plus hopefully D Campbell and maybe Champ Lewis still comes. Let's say 28. Making up numbers let's say we count 5 of those guys towards last year's class. That means for 2022 we'd have 23 HS counters and room for 9 transfers?

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

That makes sense, thanks.

So right now we have 27 HS commits, plus hopefully D Campbell and maybe Champ Lewis still comes. Let's say 28. Making up numbers let's say we count 5 of those guys towards last year's class. That means for 2022 we'd have 23 HS counters and room for 9 transfers?

I have no idea where they found the numbers, but supposedly there are eight spots left, which is seven if you're counting Campbell as already being in 

56 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

As a Katy ISD product from about ten years ago - if you go to the higher performing ones (Seven Lakes, Cinco Ranch etc...) the classes are large and really competitive. I had an A average and a pretty good ACT/SAT score, played sports and did some other shit and I wasn't even in the top 10%. And at the time of my graduating UT had already dropped from top 10% to I think 8%. I had to transfer into Texas after a year. 

As much as I love Texas and being a Longhorn was my only dream in life. Looking back taking some money from Arky, or some other university. Probably would have been smart. Still would't change a thing though. 

Username checks out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Translation: Texas definitely didn't tamper with me. Nothing to see here. Move along. I'll just be choosing them over Alabama and Clemson in a few days.

Gary Patterson isn’t allowed to speak to former players as a civilian?  No tampering here.  What’s the NCAA gonna do about it anyway?  Fuck em.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Marion posted showing a slide with some players' rough NIL earnings "before Clark Field"

https://instagram.com/stories/brennan_coach/2750436197385139762?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

Is it better than Sumlin's slide that he used to show with the number of SEC draft picks vs the Big 12 draft picks? The B12 was in burnt orange and the SEC was in Maroon, but they were all Bama, LSU, Florida, and Georgia's draft picks. 

• Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)