2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

16 hours ago, Codaxx said:

That is where Texas was last year. There can definitely be some improvement there. Ewers may make mistakes, but I think his overall play will be better than the disaster we saw at Qb last year. Defense only needs to be a consistent speed bump to be better than last year, you would have to work hard to make it worse. 

Looks like we will be rolling with another first year starter at QB, no experienced portal OL, and uncertainty at WR besides Worthy.

It might turn out great but I think it's a good bet the offense stills shows quite a bit of inconsistency next year.

That's not a knock on Sark.  The offense was reasonably productive last year at times yet also inconsistent.  It's sort of where we are at given the lack of experience in his system.  Ewers wasn't even here last year.  Almost all the OL additions won't be here in the Spring.  That just seems like a setup for not taking the next step on offense right away.

We were above average in scoring offense already last year.

Defense just has to get better.  We don't lose much production because there wasn't much to lose.  Hopefully, a few key additions and a year of continuity in coaching pays off.

FWIW, out of conference schedule of Bama and UTSA could be bumpy too.

However, I would guess Iowa St, Okla St and OU all take steps back so Big 12 looking a bit easier maybe.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Balcones said:

Mack Brown left 9 years ago. Texas has been called DBU during that time period. 

Sure…we had some fake paper confidence against LSU in 2019. We wore our tshirts, they drank our water, and our DBs got absolutely annihilated. Pretty much died that day. 

10 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Sure…we had some fake paper confidence against LSU in 2019. We wore our tshirts, they drank our water, and our DBs got absolutely annihilated. Pretty much died that day. 

Their DBs didn't do any better than ours that day, especially when you compare the personnel each group was facing. 

• Hook 'Em 6

BobbyBurton

The term “play to the whistle” has suddenly become “recruit to the whistle”.

Texas hosted Wyoming transfer WR Isaiah Neyor yesterday and will continue doing that today. Neyor is expected to decide between the Horns, Tennessee and Ole Miss.

Meanwhile, Georgia transfer defensive back Latavious Brini, who started double digit games for the national champs this fall, is expected on campus later today. The hard-hitting safety is thought to be deciding between Texas, Arkansas and Mississippi State.

And Texas is doing all of this with classes for the spring semester already started. In other words, the Horns are nearing the deadline of when players can enroll for the spring. It’s basically the two-minute offense of recruiting.

Texas should also hear something soon from Alabama transfer linebacker Jaylan Moody. Moody visited Texas and Arizona State last week.

Texas has currently added three players via the portal. Given the three offers out to the players above, Texas could wind up with three more, all at positions of need and all available for spring practice.

And that group does not include Ochaun Mathis, the TCU pass rusher who placed his name in the portal last week but will not transfer until after the spring semester so he can complete the final 10 hours of his degree.

On top of all of this, Texas coaches are on the road recruiting this week and are set to host 60+ prospects on Saturday for junior day.

They are truly always recruiting to the whistle, play after play, day after day.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You do realize it's just a joke, right?

A stupid joke that makes no sense, because you posted a picture of a peacock. What, you couldn't find a good picture of of a giraffe? What about a hippo? What are you, the Katfid of animals, or do you just not understand how jokes are supposed to work?

• Haha 5

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

A stupid joke that makes no sense, because you posted a picture of a peacock. What, you couldn't find a good picture of of a giraffe? What about a hippo? What are you, the Katfid of animals, or do you just not understand how jokes are supposed to work?

Go back to bed dipshit.  Getting all worked up over a peacock picture is stupid and you should feel bad for even engaging. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Go back to bed dipshit.  Getting all worked up over a peacock picture is stupid and you should feel bad for even engaging. 

Excellent response. Really defending the merits of your thought process, there. Or lack therof.

I'm not sure "takes 5 seconds to respond" qualifies as "worked up" in my world, chooch. But I will say, you telling other's they are absurd for engaging something as you took the time to search for picture, post it, and then spent multiple posts defending it is Chef's Kiss for the point you're trying to make. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Excellent response. Really defending the merits of your thought process, there. Or lack therof.

I'm not sure "takes 5 seconds to respond" qualifies as "worked up" in my world, chooch. But I will say, you telling other's their absurd for engaging while taking the time to search for picture, post it, and then multiple posts defending it is Chef's Kiss for the point you're trying to make. 

Yeah so much time to click on "gif" and type "peacock" in the reply section of this forum. Far less time than your 3 responses now.

18 minutes ago, Fud said:

His DC left for tOSU so that seems to be the obvious guess, but he's from Louisiana so maybe LSU is on him already

It seems like LSU is collecting "DBs that left Louisiana and did okay to well at other P5 schools."

My primary question is whether we're going to have to see more Kelley dancing videos.

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

stop acting like a shower shoe, you fucking asvab waiver

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

The 2017 OL rivaled 2014 as the worst I've ever seen and that was the year Herman said 2 days before the season opener it was the best OL he'd seen in his career. We had Tristan Nickelson and Denzel Okafor starting at the two tackle spots after Connor Williams went down.

In the 2017 game against TCU, we started Nickelson - Vahe - Cuney - McMillon - Kerstetter

eat GIF

(shoutout to Kerstetter though, he got thrown straight into the fire as a freshman and 

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Texas has currently added three players via the portal. Given the three offers out to the players above, Texas could wind up with three more, all at positions of need and all available for spring practice.

And that group does not include Ochaun Mathis, the TCU pass rusher who placed his name in the portal last week but will not transfer until after the spring semester so he can complete the final 10 hours of his degree.

So maybe 7 transfers?  What a coincidence. 

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)