2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You can't out moneywhip other billionaires, and even if you do, you can't do it forever when there is no monetary return. There are other philanthropic mouths to feed and constantly throwing new money at 18-23 year old guys that not only don't say thank you, but think you're lucky to be paying them at all, gets old. It's already getting old. That implies a limit that all capable entities will settle around in the future, if not in this 2023 cycle. 

Probably the most cogent paragraph in this thread.

Well done.

• Hook 'Em 1

1334788647_ScreenShot2022-05-11at4_57_10PM.png.31f9bbc286aef709e033c87ff99cb780.png

Dude went to Cancun.......twice........on daddy's money for "work" and put it on his resume. You don't just show up on construction projects as a manger, sorry, not happening. No one is going to believe that. Well, almost no one.

Excuse me, sir, but did you not see that he completed Subway Academy?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Portal related because this is why the portal is so god-damn important right now.  The 2019 class was a complete clusterfuck.

Sad part is I believe they are counting Liebrock as one of the 5 and he hasn’t played a meaningful down at Texas. So it’s really 4.

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From Gerry:

Inside Texas has been told that Jordan Addison is wrapping up his official visit. He's leaving Austin tomorrow.

Addison is expected to visit USC before making a decision.

So is he not visiting Bama at all? When is he supposed to decide?

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm way older than 33 and it's really not that hard to understand

------------

Retain partners/employees so that your competition doesn't poach them and outcompete you in the marketplace (or, alternatively, they do not begin their own competitive ventures)

To avoid this, I achieve loyalty among my partners/employees through physical presence and shared financial success

I see that you are very proud of yourself for achieving far less than we achieve in a smaller and less lucrative portion of the market

--------------

There, easy.

We found the guy who consults on and writes mission and value statements for a living.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From Gerry:

Inside Texas has been told that Jordan Addison is wrapping up his official visit. He's leaving Austin tomorrow.

Addison is expected to visit USC before making a decision.

Well I guess that’s that, then? Although a four day visit is probably longer than most people expected this to go. Perhaps this will be an Ochaun Mathis situation but in our favor.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm way older than 33 and it's really not that hard to understand

------------

Retain partners/employees so that your competition doesn't poach them and outcompete you in the marketplace (or, alternatively, they do not begin their own competitive ventures)

To avoid this, I achieve loyalty among my partners/employees through physical presence and shared financial success

I see that you are very proud of yourself for achieving far less than we achieve in a smaller and less lucrative portion of the market

--------------

There, easy.

You know I used to really not like you as a poster.  I’ve gotta be honest, you used to really aggravate me.  But, now, I’m gonna re-use this from an earlier post.

5 hours ago, Junior Bonner said:

We pay coaches WELL, you anarchist. Speak The Queen’s English, good man. We are not barbarians. We are gentlemen! 

Hear, hear! We gentlemen of Surly are legion and we have numerous gentlemen’s clubs throughout the land to prove it.

• Haha 1