2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Someone on IT, maybe Ian Boyd because fuck him?, said a few days ago something along the lines of "Recruiting Addison would give me pause, because it could potentially impact Hall". I thought it was one of the dumber things I've ever read.Ā 

Shit for Ian that's a daily occurrence. I stopped reading his articles because he's a fucking idoit.

I'm still waiting for some 80's metal lyrics from Coach M.Ā Ā 
Ā 

I googled some options:
https://entertainment.expertscolumn.com/100-heavy-metal-songs-teams-should-listen-pump-football-game

Here's just the top 15 so I don't create a huge post

1. Dio- Holy Diver
  2. Judas Priest- Breaking The Law
  3. Pantera- Walk
  4. Manowar- Metal Warriors
  5. Sepultura- Roots Bloody Roots
  6. Judas Priest- Painkiller
  7. Metallica- Seek and Destroy
  8. Rage Against The Machine- Bulls on Parade
  9. Megadeth- Symphony of Destruction
  10. Black Sabbath- Paranoid
  11. Iron Maiden- Run To the Hills
  12. Slayer- Seasons in the Abyss
  13. Motorhead- Ace of Spades
  14. Pantera- Cowboys form Hell
  15. AC/DC- Back in Black
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

For the record I hate this discussion, but the latter is a certified banger. My personal favorite Ozzie.Ā 

Crazy Train will always be my favorite (Randy Rhoads bitches). Also appropriate to put on while on Surly.

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

Meh, country is very similar to R&B. Ā Iā€™ll be impressed when he tweets Morbid Angel or Cannibal Corpse. Ā Thatā€™s diverse.

Ah yes, who could forget the very similar acts of R Kelly and Garth BrooksĀ 

2 minutes ago, Surlian said:

Ah yes, who could forget the very similar acts of R Kelly and Garth BrooksĀ 

I mean you had multiple songs that were on charts for country and R&B at the same time. If you listen for the lyrics you can be right at home with both.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

To each his own, but Garth Brooks is the example for C&W? The guy with several crossover hits, whoĀ literallyĀ had a pop alter ego put out an album? Iā€™d say Ernest Tubb or Porter Wagoner, but those guys liked pissing on girls, too.Ā 

I like using him as an example because I always have twenty people immediately respond he's not country, because apparently there's been no new country music in 20+ years and everything is just pop now according to some country music fans I talk to. You're right thoughĀ Ā 

Ā 

Tbh I just randomly picked an artist from each to be as ridiculous as possible. There's definitely crossover but I'd never in my life say that country is "very similar" to R&BĀ 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

To each his own, but Garth Brooks is the example for C&W? The guy with several crossover hits, whoĀ literallyĀ had a pop alter ego put out an album? Iā€™d say Ernest Tubb or Porter Wagoner, but those guys liked pissing on girls, too.Ā 

Google Chris Gainesā€¦.that should end any discussion about Garth.

Ā 

Streets, on Addison.

Emotion Reaction GIF by Popupster

Ā 

Spoiler

Ā 

ā€” I checked in with a few sources over the weekend on transfer wide receiver Jordan Addison. Unfortunately, I haven't heard a lot of new information post-visit. As I said, I think Texas did a great job on the visit and did everything they could do. Now it's just a waiting game. I've talked with several sources at Texas, and nobody had a strong feeling coming out of the trip. Of the sources I spoke with, only a few thought Texas would be the pick while a few thought USC would ultimately land him. The majority of people I talked with confessed they didn't have a clear read on either.

Ā 

Ā 

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Every one of us would piss on a bitch if we could get away with itĀ 

• Haha 1

Ā 
Streets, on Addison.
200w.gif?cid=ecf05e47dywkwlum5bgn0xjxqp0l571iuy790zuqz6h98wkc&rid=200w.gif&ct=g
Ā 
Spoiler

Ā 
ā€” I checked in with a few sources over the weekend on transfer wide receiver Jordan Addison. Unfortunately, I haven't heard a lot of new information post-visit. As I said, I think Texas did a great job on the visit and did everything they could do. Now it's just a waiting game. I've talked with several sources at Texas, and nobody had a strong feeling coming out of the trip. Of the sources I spoke with, only a few thought Texas would be the pick while a few thought USC would ultimately land him. The majority of people I talked with confessed they didn't have a clear read on either.
Ā 

Ā 

He should pay their subscribers after putting out an ā€œupdateā€ like that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

He should pay their subscribers after putting out an ā€œupdateā€ like that.

Lmao, they donā€™t even try anymore. Ā The majority of their updates are that there arenā€™t any updates. Ā And when players commit, they claim they already knew but couldnā€™t post if. Lmao

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Google Chris Gainesā€¦.that should end any discussion about Garth.

The gaines thing was garth was gonna start a movie career. And they put the gaines album out before doing much else (i think) to create buzz.Ā 

The album tanked. Everybody laughed. And garth didnt have a movie career.Ā 

Ā 

Whichever dumbass suggested putting that album out got fired i hope.Ā 

Ā 

And yes, i hate myself for knowing this shitĀ 

• Hook 'Em 3