2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Don't know whether to cheer or cry with this ... "Texas lean over UCF"

UCF beat us for Keahnist Thompson last year. They consistently win, they really give a shit about football, Malzahn's a respected coach. It might be less embarrassing than losing a guy to Nebraska these days.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

UCF beat us for Keahnist Thompson last year. They consistently win, they really give a shit about football, Malzahn's a respected coach. It might be less embarrassing than losing a guy to Nebraska these days.

At least that dude lived only an hour away from UCF so could claim home town type reasoning

2 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Didn't this dude shit talk Texas for going 5-7 and losing to KU?

There's quite a few in the locker room that could use a good shit talk. They've earned it until proven otherwise. Nothing wrong with the shit talking coming from a locker over, especially if it could light a fire under a guy's ass.

1 hour ago, Butch Had Not said:

We need Demarco Cobbs on staff to close these fuckers. 

For real.  

I looked him up,  teaching at Mansfield,  Master Degree,  HS coaching experience,  proven closer.  

Analyst at UT probably pays more than teaching at Mansfield.  

Dam sure worth kicking the tires.   

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Don't know whether to cheer or cry with this ... "Texas lean over UCF"

I remember waaay back when I was 17 y/o and delivering pizzas on the UCF campus.

The Golden Knights stadium looked like the one you see behind Braylon James here:

Braylon-James-310212914.jpg

They've come a LONG ways since then.

"Jaylon Brames" btw, doesn't seem to have any UT offers?

https://247sports.com/player/braylon-james-46097448/

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

I remember waaay back when I was 17 y/o and delivering pizzas on the UCF campus.

The Golden Knights stadium looked like the one you see behind Braylon James here:

Braylon-James-310212914.jpg

They've come a LONG ways since then.

"Jaylon Brames" btw, doesn't seem to have any UT offers?

https://247sports.com/player/braylon-james-46097448/

He technically has an offer, it's in there. We just haven't been all that interested.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Getafix said:

Whoa ... feels like a bizarre role reversal, but isn't it a little too sunshine-y to label Watts "great"? 

The pickup was great. Whether or not he ends up being great, well there's an element of luck involved like there is with every player.

But so far he's the only one on defense.

Edited by satyanash

7 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Todd Monken just got a big pay raise.. will be making 2 mil a year.. got his contract extended too

Well we knew he wasn't going anywhere unless it was for a HC gig anyway. Best case scenario it delays the inevitable for a year and he gets a HC gig in 2024. I think this was an Arch move. 

Edited by Vertigo

21 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

A 5’10” 214 lb LB from a tier 5 school is going to plug one of our biggest holes on the team. Ok. 

You been over on 247 or something - because I don't see anyone here saying that.

The kid can play.  But I don't think anyone is penciling him in as anything other than 'competing for a job'.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Give me the FCS all American over Brockermeyer or Bush

most of the time that I see bush, i like bush - i can't say the same thing about brockermeyer - but i can say fuck brockermeyer and fuck bush

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

A 5’10” 214 lb LB from a tier 5 school is going to plug one of our biggest holes on the team. Ok. 

jerry rice went to mississippi valley state and he’s the greatest football player ever. this guy could end up being even better. so your argument is shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, futureman said:

jerry rice went to mississippi valley state and he’s the greatest football player ever. this guy could end up being even better. so your argument is shit. 

Michael Faraday never went to college and your posts are shit

Edited by Bevo
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2022 at 8:40 AM, Speedway said:

The 1953 New York Giants were horrible. 3-9 and last place even though they had five Pro-football Hall of Fame players on the rooster: Frank Gifford RB, Emlen Tunnell DB, Tom Landry DB/P, Arnie Weinmeister DT; Rosey Brown OT; and Charlie Conerly QB (College Football Hall of Fame), plus All-Pro Kyle Rote WR.

In 1954 Tim Mara hired an assistant coach from Army to be the Offensive Coordinator. That assistant was Vince Lombardi. Mara also made Tom Landry the Defensive Coordinator (player/coach). Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry, under Head Coach Jim Lee Howell took that 3-9 last place team to 7-5 and 3rd place. In 1955 they went 6-5-1 and again 3rd place.

In 1956 Tom Landry and Vince Lombardi (Howell HC) won the NFL Championship.  Two of the greatest football coaches of all time needed the third year to win a championship.  That 1956 NY Giants Championship team had five Pro-football Hall of Fame players on the rooster: Frank Gifford RB, Emlen Tunnell DB, Sam Huff LB, Andy Robustelli DT, Rosey Brown OT; and Charlie Conerly QB (College Football Hall of Fame), plus All-Pro Kyle Rote WR and Rosey Grier DT.

Bill?

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

And yet, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the most effective lb’er on our roster next year. So yeah, it’s quite possible he will help plug one of the gaping holes on our D next year. 

• Hook 'Em 2