2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

18 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Mathis is ass.  Looks like he was benched most of the second half.

That's the risk when you give big $$ to a guy that isn't a sure fire all conference player or at least a well above average starter.   He may end up JAG which certainly seems to be the case based on yesterday's results.  Probably builds up resentment in the locker room if a guy that gets manhandled by Northwestern is a (or the) top paid player on the team.  We'll see if he improves but may have dodged a bullet.  

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Skipper said:

That's the risk when you give big $$ to a guy that isn't a sure fire all conference player or at least a well above average starter.   He may end up JAG which certainly seems to be the case based on yesterday's results.  Probably builds up resentment in the locker room if a guy that gets manhandled by Northwestern is a (or the) top paid player on the team.  We'll see 

Kid got a big payday and took his foot off the gas. 

He started smelling his on farts and thought he was the shit and didnt have ti work as hard now,  since his greatness had been recognized by that big nil deal. 

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Looking at box score he actually had a bunch of tackles but I can only remember his name being called for a decent play (on a run) once.  When I was watching him he didn't seem to do anything.

They credited him with missed arm tackles that somebody else cleaned up. 

3 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

Mathis looked very pedestrian but I'll reserve my full commentary until after I see our own pass rush against Bama 

I mean we're talkin bout Mathis not flashing vs. f'n Northwestern.   Our pass rush looking pedestrian against Bama is a given

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, General Specific said:

Don’t think for a minute that this guy is not trying to back channel deals for his kids.

Fuckem!

They way Sark is turning the roster over, like Bama does, even if he was looking at taking any 3rd year OL. Hes not taking any for depth. And thats all Tommy would be. I dont see anyway he would take the other. Maybe, MAYBE a PWO

• 2 weeks later...

So, in looking at the stats for the Nebraska loss to Georgia fucking Southern last night, I see that they gave up 640+ yards on defense. Mathis either didn’t play or didn’t contribute. He had no stat line and as far as I can tell, he’s got 7 tackles and one sack for the season. I don’t know if he was worth the $300k Nebraska paid for him. 

Also, remember when he wanted to be in a defense that better featured him as part of why he chose Nebraska? Huh. Not sure it’s working out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/401405072

Regardless, I'm not sure if Mathis is any better than Ovie, and all of the bellyaching and crying about not getting more OL and edge portal transfers might have been premature. We'll see if our lines can keep playing with a similar intensity the rest of the season.

Our OL acquitted themselves well. Late in the game when we got more predictable and the OL got tired, Bama was able to disrupt us more, but they still held their own. The pass blocking was better than our run blocking for the most part, which was a bit surprising to me. 

57 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So, in looking at the stats for the Nebraska loss to Georgia fucking Southern last night, I see that they gave up 640+ yards on defense. Mathis either didn’t play or didn’t contribute. He had no stat line and as far as I can tell, he’s got 7 tackles and one sack for the season. I don’t know if he was worth the $300k Nebraska paid for him. 

Also, remember when he wanted to be in a defense that better featured him as part of why he chose Nebraska? Huh. Not sure it’s working out. 

I think the number was 680k. 

47 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/401405072

Regardless, I'm not sure if Mathis is any better than Ovie, and all of the bellyaching and crying about not getting more OL and edge portal transfers might have been premature. We'll see if our lines can keep playing with a similar intensity the rest of the season.

Our OL acquitted themselves well. Late in the game when we got more predictable and the OL got tired, Bama was able to disrupt us more, but they still held their own. The pass blocking was better than our run blocking for the most part, which was a bit surprising to me. 

OL for sure. Drew Sanders is the only regrettable miss of the off-season

38 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

In other transfer news, Jordan Addison put up 7/172 & 2TD against Stanford last night.

I watch most of the game. He's an elite receiver. Runs great routes. He reminds me of X. 

We hate that motherfucker but Riley is an OC genius. His play designs were stressing Stanford's D all night. 

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

The real miss was Drew Sanders - 11 tackles, 2 sacks vs USCe yesterday.

Mathis looks like money saved for sure.

Is he playing off ball linebacker for them? I remember the whole thing was we wanted him at edge and he wanted to play linebacker.

As for Verse, maybe we shouldn't have waited 2 weeks to offer him.

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Is he playing off ball linebacker for them? I remember the whole thing was we wanted him at edge and he wanted to play linebacker.

As for Verse, maybe we shouldn't have waited 2 weeks to offer him.

In hindsight, what we are doing with Overshown and Ovie was perfect for Sanders. 

3 hours ago, Hornlover said:

In other transfer news, Jordan Addison put up 7/172 & 2TD against Stanford last night.

I watched that game yesterday and he’s going to do that all year. 

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think the number was 680k. 

No, it wasn’t. My number was correct unless the people responsible for the Texas work on Mathis inside and outside of the program were straight lying about it for no reason. 

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

7 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Box score showed Mathis had 5 tackles yesterday.

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Can you link me? The one I am looking at through an app doesn’t have him listed at all. 

7 hours ago, HenryJames said:

You buffoon.

41C67C17-3803-4B2D-8FC5-C2220BB6064B.png

Looks like @closetojumping was right:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, General Specific said:

What’s the ROI on Mathis and Thompson?

0.0.gif

I had a conversation with a Husker fan at the Omaha airport last night. He was humble and complimentary of Texas. He also said they really like Casey Thompson. I nearly choked. I guess they can only have one villain at a time. 

• Like 1