2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

9 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Ewers being put on blast by Ryan day about how bad he sucks right now and there’s almost no way he has time to get even remotely close to being ready…is fuckin awesome. 

Indiana Jones GIF

He's 4th string so he's getting shit for practice reps. That's why Day is saying he's no where near ready. I'm just hoping this blows up their QB room.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He's 4th string so he's getting shit for practice reps. That's why Day is saying he's no where near ready. I'm just hoping this blows up their QB room.

They're due for some shit to blow up on them.  QB controversy/problems sounds like a good starting point.

3 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Two NFL QBs … one to be HoF … in the pic and both xfrd to other schools.

Are you saying both future NFL QBs transferred? Because Mike Glennon didn’t transfer from NC State. I mean Beck and Wilson transferred, but it reads like you were staying the NFL guys did….or it could be a Mike/Sean Glennon giant ginger mix up given your location and the fact that Sean went to Va Tech.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Are you saying both future NFL QBs transferred? Because Mike Glennon didn’t transfer from NC State. I mean Beck and Wilson transferred, but it reads like you were staying the NFL guys did….or it could be a Mike/Sean Glennon giant ginger mix up given your location and the fact that Sean went to Va Tech.

Username checks out

14 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

You are correct .. I confused the Glennon brothers.

• Hook 'Em 1

This right here is the best case scenario for anybody hoping that Ewers transfers out. Stroud has gotten QB1 reps and time in the system, and now McCord and Miller are going to take significant snaps in practice and games. He now has 3 QBs ahead of him on the roster. Two are Freshman, and they are all getting a decent amount of reps.  That's going to make it very difficult for him to move up the depth chart, and possibly force his hand to move sooner than later.

15 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

It would be a shame if there were some weird issue behind the scenes that resulted in Ohio State players quitting during the game and others saying they want to transfer out. And by 'shame' I mean "Dear eight pound, six ounce new born baby Jesus, please make this happen!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Any safeties out there?  Anyone?  Anyone at all?

My hope is that Adimora and Thompson can allow the freshmen to come on. Not sure what they have in Coffey. Could always move some CBs to safety as the position should be pretty good with Crawford, Barron, Ibraheem, and Johnson.

I think Owens will be portaling out after the season.

19 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

My hope is that Adimora and Thompson can allow the freshmen to come on. Not sure what they have in Coffey. Could always move some CBs to safety as the position should be pretty good with Crawford, Barron, Ibraheem, and Johnson.

I think Owens will be portaling out after the season.

If we're going to count on Adimora to bridge the gap for the freshmen and incoming guys, it might as well start now.   Personally, when Jerrin Thompson isn't on the field, safety is our weakest overall unit on a defense that lacks standout units.   

3 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

If we're going to count on Adimora to bridge the gap for the freshmen and incoming guys, it might as well start now.   Personally, when Jerrin Thompson isn't on the field, safety is our weakest overall unit on a defense that lacks standout units.   

Adimora backs up Foster, and I would have no problem with making that call. But we aren't coaches and Foster is likely a team leader, so you can't bench him.

On 10/3/2021 at 1:56 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

OL, LB, WR, Secondary

I actually think WR has a chance to turn out ok next year, depending on how we close out this class. WR doesn't rotate much... If we can get Stewart and flip Hudson, that's a potential starting 3 of JWhitt/Worthy/Stewart with ok depth behind them. Don't get either of those two, then definitely need to look to the portal

33 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Taj Harris out of Syracuse enters the portal, he'll have 2 years of elgibility.

image.png.f951c1085748ed1755cdc48e3653ed7e.png

Quick google search says that he ran a 4.52 in high school and self-reports a 4.4 now.

Very productive in a shitty offense at Syracuse.

Have to wonder who else might become available and how desirable Sark's offense is by the end of the year.  

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

When does the 1st semester end? Sarkisian is going to have some tough conversations to get those 7 new scholarships.

Between cases like Tyler Johnson dropping behind Max Merril on the depth chart, guys like Estell and Woodard looking for a last gasp of playing time, and the annual wtf transfer, 7 should be quite doable.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/3/2021 at 8:06 PM, squeegeedegg said:

Hence my call for a transfer search.  I agree Adimora is heavy at the moment and currently putting little heat on the starters.  Foster is a JAG and combined with the knowledge he won't get benched, well... 

Foster is starting by default cause we have no one else. 

IMO he gets to many snaps, cause at times he can look like the worse player on the field with angles, whiff tackles, and lack of effort. But at other times he looks like a quality starter, 

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

When does the 1st semester end? Sarkisian is going to have some tough conversations to get those 7 new scholarships.

Do you think we trapdoor our 7 jags into the portal after we play in the Big XII championship but before we play the first CFP game, or do we wait until after the National Championship game is over to ask them to leave?

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)