2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

56 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's like you didn't watch any of the transfers that ou or Texas brought in this past season. Let me help you out, almost all of them sucked.

Davis -> sucked

Thornton -> sucked

Gray -> sucked

Dunn -> sucked

Morris -> sucked

Oghoufo -> sucked

Richardson -> sucked

Coe -> sucked

Woods -> good

Robinson -> good

Turk -> good

I mostly agree on your impression of the OU transfers last year. Some more context that supports your point.

Bradford --> went back LSU (didn't play there either LOL)
Morris: sat out most of spring and some of fall camp. Still has promise. S&C for the OL will be key for 2022.
Gray: Very productive at Tennessee. A strong wind was enough to get him to the ground at OU.
   Can catch, but can't play on 3rd down because his blitz pick is terrible.
Cogel: Had to play early because OU's unvaxed presumptive starter was in protocols or something and then late because of standard injury.
   May have cost OU the OkSt game with the cumulative effects of poor snapping/blocking. OU had no else able to play center???
Bowens: Got beat out for 3rd string QB by a freshman walkon from some small town in Tx. Still on scholarship somehow.
Turk: One of the best punters in the nation. Anti-vax asshole.

Lawrence: Best OU DB in the second half of the year. Would love to see what he can do at nickel.
Woods: Grossly underused. Coming back. Could be key to next season.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, quigley said:

Is there intel that is saying this?

He fits the "plugger" role Venables has preferred in the past (when he doesn't have guys with exceptional athleticism), he's in Oklahoma, and OU definitely has need.

Every fucking Okie in history has fit the plugger role to a T…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

We just picked up a huge DL at a position of serious need.

Will he ever play?  Cal passed because of the medical issue and he hasn’t played in 2 years, a redshirt year is needed, he’s 30 lbs below his playing weight.  If he ever plays, he’s a potential NFL player but…

8 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

Will he ever play?  Cal passed because of the medical issue and he hasn’t played in 2 years, a redshirt year is needed, he’s 30 lbs below his playing weight.  If he ever plays, he’s a potential NFL player but…

We’ll find out.

8 hours ago, quigley said:

I mostly agree on your impression of the OU transfers last year. Some more context that supports your point.

Bradford --> went back LSU (didn't play there either LOL)
Morris: sat out most of spring and some of fall camp. Still has promise. S&C for the OL will be key for 2022.
Gray: Very productive at Tennessee. A strong wind was enough to get him to the ground at OU.
   Can catch, but can't play on 3rd down because his blitz pick is terrible.
Cogel: Had to play early because OU's unvaxed presumptive starter was in protocols or something and then late because of standard injury.
   May have cost OU the OkSt game with the cumulative effects of poor snapping/blocking. OU had no else able to play center???
Bowens: Got beat out for 3rd string QB by a freshman walkon from some small town in Tx. Still on scholarship somehow.
Turk: One of the best punters in the nation. Anti-vax asshole.

Lawrence: Best OU DB in the second half of the year. Would love to see what he can do at nickel.
Woods: Grossly underused. Coming back. Could be key to next season.

C’mon man. The vax commentary is fucking pathetic. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 11

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

Though I’m not a fan of quoting you, I thought it important to note you are wrong.

nope. you and everyone else who thinks he’s coming here are naive morons. soon enough you’ll realize it but you won’t eat crow because you’re big, fat pussy. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

The guy was in the portal for four days and committed to UCLA without even visiting anywhere.

YUP. Pretty sure we’ve all discussed that anyone worth a damn in the portal already has a landing spot before entering. 

16 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Isn't Cameron Ward also projected to land at Ole Miss? 

That's a nice QB and RB combo if they land both those guys. I would take Ward over a lot of these other QBs in the portal. I was worried aggy might go after Ward. 

Ward may have a higher ceiling, but Max Johnson is a good fit for Jimbo's offense with less variance.

2 minutes ago, quigley said:

Ward may have a higher ceiling, but Max Johnson is a good fit for Jimbo's offense with less variance.

Johnson is an upgrade over King but he was hit or miss this season. 

Had some good games and then some other games where he was awful.  People forget Johnson was benched late in the season. I think the aggy game has distorted the opinion on Max Johnson because of recency bias. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hopefully, this is the shot across the bow that awakens potential OU donors to the need for NIL.

Wherever Mims goes (or if he stays), they'll get a true #1 WR with good speed, great competitiveness (his ability to high point the ball for contested catches is well known on this forum), and a great lockerroom guy. He got some NIL this year and apparently donated it.

As an aside, Riley's a good/great OC, but WTF. .Mims averaged 17 yds A TARGET and he only got 41 targets pre-bowl game with seven coming vs Tulane (first game).

3 targets/game --- SMH

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Johnson is an upgrade over King but he was hit or miss this season. 

Had some good games and then some other games where he was awful.  People forget Johnson was benched late in the season. I think the aggy game has distorted the opinion on Max Johnson because of recency bias.

I think our opinions align.

I think Jimbo is teaching us that he wants a game manager by taking Johnson, and that's probably ok. A&M will win with defense and running the ball, mimicking Georgia this year (A&M RB aren't as good). For the rest of college football, it's probably good that he's not more creative.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)