2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/college/notredame/.amp/football/notre-dame-football-quinn-carroll-enters-transfer-portal

Not sure if he’s a take given the number of HS kids coming in on OL but third year guy that was pretty highly rated coming out of high school.

ND guys saying he had a pretty bad knee injury that he hasn’t quite recovered from.

https://247sports.com/Player/Quinn-Carroll-94043/

Edited by Octavian

Just now, Octavian said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/college/notredame/.amp/football/notre-dame-football-quinn-carroll-enters-transfer-portal

Not sure if he’s a take given the number of HS kids coming in on OL but third year guy that was pretty highly rated coming out of high school.

ND guys saying he had a pretty bad knee injury that he hasn’t quite recovered from.

He hardly played in his 3rd year in the program, and wasn't expected to start in his 4th.

Spoiler

Quinn Carroll Enters The Transfer Portal
Notre Dame junior offensive lineman Quinn Carroll enters the transfer portal
MIKE HUTTON - @MIKEHUTTONPT
Charles LeClair, USA TODAY Sports

Notre Dame offensive lineman Quinn Carroll has entered the transfer portal, according to a social media post.

In a goodbye tweet, the redshirt sophomore said his Notre Dame experience had “been as good or better than I hoped” but that he is excited to “pursue a new journey on the field and pursue my masters degree.”

Carroll, who is 6 foot 7, 315-pounds, was likely going to have a hard time finding the field. Even after freshman Blake Fisher went down with a knee injury in the first game of the season, Carroll didn’t get many snaps on the line. He played in 13 games this season, most of it on special teams. Notre Dame rotated Michael Carmody and Tosh Baker in at left tackle before settling on freshman Joe Alt at that position.

With Fisher and Alt locked in at the tackle positions for next year, it was going to be difficult for Carroll to crack into the starting lineup.

Carroll missed all of the 2019 season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament. He played in three games in the 2020 season.

Carroll was a four-star recruit from Minneapolis. 247Sports had him ranked 118th overall and as the eighth-best tackle in the country in 2019, while Rivals ranked him as the nation's No. 68 overall player. Carroll’s father, Jay, played tight end at Minnesota.

1 minute ago, Octavian said:

IMO this is precisely the kind of player we should avoid. Productive players only and no more of the discards from bigger programs. Like the Michigan WR we took and Ben Davis last year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

IMO this is precisely the kind of player we should avoid. Productive players only and no more of the discards from bigger programs. Like the Michigan WR we took and Ben Davis last year. 

Yea Worthy sucks….

I know you mean Black

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Oh, the NFL WR? Yeah…. Need less of those guys 

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea Worthy sucks….

I know you mean Black

Worthy I don’t think was a transfer. But yes Black was relegated to a backup role at Michigan because of injury issues. And it showed when he played here. 

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

!!!!

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.011a35a06eb94d4713049a8fb75e8224.png

Oooweee Sark and Marion better be on the phone asap on this one. He was a 247 True Freshman All-American alongside Worthy. Banks listed as his primary recruiter from Bama btw.

We got a pretty nice baseball program to sell too

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I am always doubtful that a sooner would transfer to Texas, but in the case of a true freshman from Florida, it seems like it's the least absurd scenario for that to happen.

Caleb recruited him to OU, and I think they're roommates. Mario is very likely following Caleb, and another WR in that class, Farooq, probably will too, assuming the next team wants him 

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Drumm's drivel:

- CW likely to enter portal

- If CW does, Dillon Gabriel is the one to watch

- If CW enters the portal, Mario Williams may, as well (update - supposedly told the baseball program (he's interested in both sports) that he'll be back on campus Jan 14th ... 

- Mims is staying

UCLA’s winter quarter begins today. Wonder if Gabriel enrolled on time or if he kept his options open

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

Caleb recruited him to OU, and I think they're roommates. Mario is very likely following Caleb, and another WR in that class, Farooq, probably will too, assuming the next team wants him 

I mean clearly the odds of us landing him are low, but I wouldn't just assume he's gonna blindly follow wherever Caleb wants to go. He's gonna want his own NIL and play somewhere that uses WRs 

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Hawaii and Wyoming did.  But no programs the 'caliber' of OU.

Todd Graham "What son? I have no son.  This stupid fucking mentally weak fuckwad is in the portal. Good riddance.  Maybe I'll bang his mom tonight" 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

This would be a lot easier to laugh at if that dumb fucking CDC note after the KU game didn’t exist 

Stupid, yes, but releasing a statement on the trajectory of the football program is more understandable than begging a single player not to leave on university letterhead. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, RGBIII said:

A rare wtf moment from Castiglione...also that NIL sentence is worded semi carefully but that may still be an NIL violation, employees of the university cant direct or facilitate any NIL dealings

Whatever...who's policing this now? Oklahoma law enforcement, NCAA, FBI?

I'm more bothered by "most elite offensive coordinators."

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)