2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

13 minutes ago, mdmost said:

And this is weird

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Bizarre on so many levels, especially that they just publicly announced they're going to commit an NCAA violation by helping him get NIL deals..

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

A rare wtf moment from Castiglione...also that NIL sentence is worded semi carefully but that may still be an NIL violation, employees of the university cant direct or facilitate any NIL dealings

Saw that and had the same thoughts as you two twats. A university explicitly saying they're taking a hand in NIL activities seems like a blatant and direct violation of the federal NIL laws...not just the shit that can be different at the state level. I got annoyed when the "Georgia is offering a 1-2 million deal for Williams if he transfers" but that was some yokel on twitter spouting shit they clearly don't understand...this...this is a formal release from the university, the AD, and the head coach. Wow. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

There has to be some penalty for entering the portal.  Without regulation, in a few years college football will be to me what the NFL is now.

When there’s a penalty for coaches leaving whenever they want besides the other school paying their buyout lmk 

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

When there’s a penalty for coaches leaving whenever they want besides the other school paying their buyout lmk 

Most coaches have penalties attached to them leaving, and if NIL deals there will soon be financially penalties to leaving. The 1st few years after Covid are going to be weird, but I think it will calm down especially once NIL programs start popping up all over the landscape.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Most coaches have penalties attached to them leaving, and if NIL deals there will soon be financially penalties to leaving. The 1st few years after Covid are going to be weird, but I think it will calm down especially once NIL programs start popping up all over the landscape.

What “penalties” are coaches that are hired for another job subjected to that aren’t covered by the hiring school?

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not sure why you're putting in the effort. 

as a reminder... Fuck the Brocks, but especially fuck their disingenuous father.

edit: here is his current job per his twitter profile

National College football analyst @247/CBS

funny to see a football analyst be posting #RollTide on their profile, family situation or not.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

What “penalties” are coaches that are hired for another job subjected to that aren’t covered by the hiring school?

You are correct most of the time the penalties are paid by the hiring school, but they are penalties nonetheless, unless you are aggy and decide that you don't want them.

Wait. That isn't a parody letter like when Scipio wrote to Tinkles the Bullmastiff? 

Also... that abortion of a press release is geared 100% to OU's fanbase to prevent the remaining few who haven't leapt to their death from doing so. Sure, we lost our coach, starting qb, countless recruits and current players, not to mention our entire fucking identity but hey.... most wins in college football since 1999! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Thanks. That does make sense, though are there any QBs worth a shit in that room? A walk-on is atop the depth chart.

JT Daniels
Vandagriff was a 5 star
Gunner Stockton (2022 signee) might be a little miffed

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Saw that and had the same thoughts as you two twats. A university explicitly saying they're taking a hand in NIL activities seems like a blatant and direct violation of the federal NIL laws...not just the shit that can be different at the state level. I got annoyed when the "Georgia is offering a 1-2 million deal for Williams if he transfers" but that was some yokel on twitter spouting shit they clearly don't understand...this...this is a formal release from the university, the AD, and the head coach. Wow. 

Thing is, while the state NIL rules provide some rules for how to definitely pay players legally, there is no federal law and SCOTUS would likely shoot down the NCAA system as violating antitrust laws if the NCAA punished a player for receiving compensation regardless of NIL compliance, so while the new NIL laws do provide some clear white lines for scared schools like Texas, the fallout from the SCOTUS cases is that it’s still extremely unlikely the NCAA punishes a player for receiving money, even if it didn’t follow that state’s NIL laws, because the whole NCAA system could get torn down if they do and the player lawyers up with a group that will take it to SCOTUS. 
That’s what A&M recognized and it looks like OU may be recognizing it as well after getting royally fucked by Riley and the Portal. Either that or Joe C. Sees the house burning down and was pissing down his leg while writing that. 

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Wait is that moron saying Williams could portal to Ohio State?

How the fuck is that what you got out of that? He’s saying other guys in the UGA QB room, like Vandagriff and Bennet will transfer out, causing ripple effects. 

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

JFC. You are really committed to posting stupid things. Most College coaches do not have penalties for leaving. Some have a buyout, which the new school pays, but that’s not a penalty on the coach for leaving, like a player sitting out a full year was. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fud said:

Not really followed Brockermeyer's tweets prior to this (or read his articles on 247), but am pretty surprised that he actually used the word "outbid." 

A guy with kids in school at Bama ...  is he openly accusing Williams (or his parents) of selling out to the highest bidder?  Interesting.

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Thing is, while the state NIL rules provide some rules for how to definitely pay players legally, there is no federal law and SCOTUS would likely shoot down the NCAA system as violating antitrust laws if the NCAA punished a player for receiving compensation regardless of NIL compliance, so while the new NIL laws do provide some clear white lines for scared schools like Texas, the fallout from the SCOTUS cases is that it’s still extremely unlikely the NCAA punishes a player for receiving money, even if it didn’t follow that state’s NIL laws, because the whole NCAA system could get torn down if they do and the player lawyers up with a group that will take it to SCOTUS. 
That’s what A&M recognized and it looks like OU may be recognizing it as well after getting royally fucked by Riley and the Portal. 

How the fuck is that what you got out of that? He’s saying other guys in the UGA QB room, like Vandagriff and Bennet will transfer out, causing ripple effects. 

JFC. You are really committed to posting stupid things. Most College coaches do not have penalties for leaving. Some have a buyout, which the new school pays, but that’s not a penalty on the coach for leaving, like a player sitting out a full year was. 

I don't think a player would be punished. I think the University would be punished for admitting they're actively working with a player on his NIL deals, or facilitating them. And publicly writing about it. The school is forbidden from doing anything remotely like that, which is why also why a school can't pay a kid directly. I'm not talking about Williams here, I'm talking about OU. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Daniels lost his job at two different schools, and you have two guys that haven't played a competitive down of college football. So the answer was yes.

so to be clear, Brock Vandagriff = shit because he has not taken a college snap

but Quinn Ewers = good because he has taken like two? lol

...if you think Vandagriff wouldn't portal to a blue blood you are hilariously off base.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

tSLM0gbsTp.png.569d506bfbac031472d66a20c9742900.png

also bennett signed an LOI, he wasn't a walk on.

Interestingly enough, Vandagriff was originally committed to OU, decommitted, and then OU got Caleb as his replacement. We could have our first ever NCAA trade coming up!

4 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Also... that abortion of a press release is geared 100% to OU's fanbase to prevent the remaining few who haven't leapt to their death from doing so. Sure, we lost our coach, starting qb, countless recruits and current players, not to mention our entire fucking identity but hey.... most wins in college football since 1999! 

I felt like that in October in the Cotton Bowl. Don't mind them having some disappointment for a change.

1 minute ago, NoName said:

so to be clear, Brock Vandagriff = shit because he has not taken a college snap

but Quinn Ewers = good because he has taken like two? lol

...if you think Vandagriff wouldn't portal to a blue blood you are hilariously off base.

It was a joke, but it would be mildly funny to see Vandagriff portal to OU, where he originally committed. Though not sure he fits Lebby's scheme.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

How about punishing the school?  Scholarship reductions, bowl bans

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don't think a player would be punished. I think the University would be punished for admitting they're actively working with a player on his NIL deals, or facilitating them. And publicly writing about it. The school is forbidden from doing anything remotely like that, which is why also why a school can't pay a kid directly. I'm not talking about Williams here, I'm talking about OU. 

If they take even the tiniest bit of precaution, i.e., not directly in writing with the player, a bluebood like them wont be punished, especially since they aren’t the ones actually paying the players. Then again, I didn’t think Joe C. would be dumb enough to write that statement, so maybe we’ll get lucky. I doubt it, though. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I guess they worded it just vaguely enough that they can claim something like "we just meant we'll help him win a Heisman which would boost his NIL opps" even though that's obviously not what they mean. Still very weird to say it publicly.

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

OU can take BJ Foster if they want him too. 

You did see OU had PAT FIELDS at safety the last 3 years. He's a great guy who should've been OU's feel-good walk on story special teams player. Instead, he's leaving OU as a 3 year starter to go pro in management/engineering at Stanford.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Blake is actually retarded if he thinks Caleb Williams and JT Barrett are comparable to Justin Fields and Burrow. And even if he doesn’t think that, he still is

Or, you know, he was comparing this to Ohio states most recent QB room issues?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Or, you know, he was comparing this to Ohio states most recent QB room issues?

“Will be a ripple effect at Georgia like OSU”

OSU hasn’t had an incoming transfer cause a ripple effect since Fields. 

And I’m the real retard for calling Daniels by Barrett

Edited by UnhappilyMarried

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)