Tell Me About The Houston Oilers

ButtFumble

On 5/6/2023 at 9:00 AM, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Theres gotta be a big enough skeleton in that cunt Amy or the Adams Family closet in general that if Cal ever got a hold of it (and a pair of nuts) he would be able to use as leverage to get the Oilers name/history back for Houston. Heck I'd prob even be ok if Cal back channeled them some money for their dumb new stadium in exchange for getting the Oilers name back, but looks like they already fleeced the Nashville taxpayers out of enough that they wouldn't need that. 

Now, I am not a trademark attorney but I do know that the owner of a trademark can lose the rights to through abandonment or non-use, or proof of discontinuation with the intent not to resume use.

So, I can't help but wonder if dragging the old Oilers colors out is a way to demonstrate that the color scheme and pattern have not been completely abandoned.

If so, the Adams family could be doing it not to honor the past, but to preserve their trademarks and their financial value.

37 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

That, but I guarantee that they will do it against the Texans just to drag Bud’s wrinkly dried out nut sack across the face of the city that made them rich

It is certain Adams family made a lot of money in Houston, but they were already rich before that.