Surly Horns Podcast Season 2 Episode 21

immamac

The recruiting talk is such a great microcosm of the trajectory of the collective psyche of the message boards this week:

1) Shrillest parts of the board freak out when Brooks and Thompson spurn Texas.

2) Reasonable parts of the board come in––represented by the podcast––with reasonable takes on Wednesday: "Brooks was never coming here; Thompson is a nobody––not that butthurt about it! Don't care anyway got Jamarion. Guess what, everyone RELAX were getting 3/5ths of our OL class done in the next two days." With the last sentence stated so matter-of-factly that keen or psych-educated onlookers would detect an underlying bit of self-hugging going on for mental preservation. 

3) Williams spurns Texas. Reasonable parts of the board give in and ABSOLUTE MELTDOWN ensues. Even the most stoic have a draft comment along the lines of 'starting to lose faith in the coaching staff' waiting as they F5 the prospects thread. 

4) Hutson and Robertson commits barely register as a win given our rattled mental state, but just enough to keep everyone from jumping as we limp into the holiday. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I mean, what’s better than N64? I could make a PS2,3,4 argument but to me nothing will ever top the N64

Give me ps2 SOCOM navy seals. I played that for 10 hr sesssions before I left for basic training in 03. I mean a case miller lite shit beer. Nextel walk-in talkie phones lol 

• Hook 'Em 1