Afghan War ending, foretold by The Onion 10 years Ago [DT thread ruined by politics]

crash_davis

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

I will type this slowly:  Is the "narrative" that many military leaders do not want to pull out of Afghanistan "unsupported"?  Yes or no?  

Who gives a shit? 

We're doing what we're doing and we're going to stop wasting lives and money.  Is that a problem for you?

6 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Who gives a shit? 

We're doing what we're doing and we're going to stop wasting lives and money.  Is that a problem for you?

We do what we do. It does matter why we pulled out and why we lost so many people. The optics of this one term administration are what they are. It does matter. So China (the absolute paragon of the environment) could now take control? I could care less what happens to the Taliban. Or ISIS. Or whatever group. At what point do people realize they are what they are. Hell the 9/11 terrorists came to America and stayed here for months and interacted with us assholes and even went to strip clubs. They have an ideology that they subscribe to. It won’t ever change and no amount of kindness or help or understanding that you give them will change it. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

A) Not on the Facebook shit.

B) Yes it is the worst casualty of American troops  there in over a decade. 
It is not a favorable article but if you require more credible sources I’m your gal.

Thursday's U.S. military casualties were the first in Afghanistan since February 2020 and represented the deadliest day for American troops there in a decade.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/afghan-bombings-have-not-immediately-changed-us-withdrawal-plans-source-says-2021-08-26/

I could link other ones if that is not satisfactory.

No need - I couldn't find anything to corroborate with a quick google, so I appreciate you sharing the source of that claim 

I guess I just don't understand the newfound obsession with counting the servicemember bodies coming back from Afghanistan - we've already brought back 3,000+ of them over the last two decades. I honestly and earnestly don't think we could have left without any bloodshed, we've certainly been doing quite alot of killing ourselves while we've been there and have made very few friends. And the friends we did have were subverted and betrayed by trump and his state dept. 

Also, I would like to know why it is that posters ass-ume so much about me? My life is an open book. 

It's not necessarily you but you tend to post the same spin and take the same positions that far-right posters do. And ya know, you were talking about eugenics and genocide a few pages ago. Most folks will stop giving you the benefit of the doubt once that genie is out of the bottle and start assuming that you also hold the same opinion as your peers on other issues too

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

No need - I couldn't find anything to corroborate with a quick google, so I appreciate you sharing the source of that claim 

I guess I just don't understand the newfound obsession with counting the servicemember bodies coming back from Afghanistan - we've already brought back 3,000+ of them over the last two decades. I honestly and earnestly don't think we could have left without any bloodshed, we've certainly been doing quite alot of killing ourselves while we've been there and have made very few friends. And the friends we did have were subverted and betrayed by trump and his state dept. 

It's not necessarily you but you tend to post the same spin and take the same positions that far-right posters do. And ya know, you were talking about eugenics and genocide a few pages ago. Most folks will stop giving you the benefit of the doubt once that genie is out of the bottle and start assuming that you also hold the same opinion as your peers on other issues too

So….bc I don’t care for Biden I’m a Trump lover? This forum pretends to be the same thing that Fox News “claims” it is. Fair and Balanced. What genie? I don’t think a  lengthy study nor history of my posts would support your assumption. Also, I wouldn’t recommend reading them.  This whole forum is predicated on “we care.” It’s bullshit. Did I report anyone for the absolute ass kicking (I deserved it btw) last Saturday I got? Nope. Never have reported a poster and never will. Also, I realize @Bama Chick is y’all’s queen. Did you see what she posted about me? It makes sense that a One Direction fan would be y’all’s goddess. 

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

Who gives a shit? 

we weren't wasting lives for the last 18 months.  the money wasn't much to keep it up in the big picture.

they gave up bagram because they asked commaders if they only had 700 military would they chose bagram or the US embassy.  the choice was the embassy which meant base is given up and HKIA is only option.

of course we sent 5K back in.  had we given the commanders a choice of bagram or embassy with 5000 troops.  they would have chosen bagram.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

Have you not seen them all chitter with glee in the Ashli Babbit thread?

No. I haven’t. I think a loss of any life is profoundly sad. I did read about her. I’m sure that thread will be down here also. I’ve said and do believe that most people here are good people. I’ve met many of y’all. Incidentally, not surprised with the glee and chitter. 

Someone want to explain to me how a suicide bomber in a city like Kabul could have been stopped if we had 1000 or 100,000 more troops on the ground?  That ain’t Biden’s fault.  13 serviceman died because of a terror attack that was not going to be stopped unfortunately because a crazy man with a bomb strapped to his chest in a place like Kabul has a good chance of killing a bunch of people.  It’s nice of all you to throw blame around but like I posted pages ago, but is it the President’s fault when a terror attack happens?  Did we ask Reagan to resign when the marines were blown up in Beirut?   When 9/11 happened why didn’t everyone yell for W to resign.  It was on his watch right?   Same goes for Trump and Clinton.  You are all brainwashed by right wing media and now frothing at the mouth because it’s all Biden’s fault and a Republican would have done a better job of evacuating a war zone.  Just like Gerald Ford did when he was a Republican President leaving Vietnam and it went perfectly right?  All of you pushing this “its all Biden’s fault” are a beating.

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

No. I haven’t. I think a loss of any life is profoundly sad. I did read about her. I’m sure that thread will be down here also. I’ve said and do believe that most people here are good people. I’ve met many of y’all. Incidentally, not surprised with the glee and chitter. 

So by this statement you feel the loss of life for a Taliban soldier that rapes little girls is sad also, correct?  Babbit deserved what she got.  She was part of a mob that broke into the US Capitol, chanting let’s hang the politicians, and tried getting into a room where said politicians were located and the police defending the politicians took her out.  Getting one between the eyes was actually the easy way out and fully deserved.  No shits given for her death.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So by this statement you feel the loss of life for a Taliban soldier that rapes little girls is sad also, correct?  Babbit deserved what she got.  She was part of a mob that broke into the US Capitol, chanting let’s hang the politicians, and tried getting into a room where said politicians were located and the police defending the politicians took her out.  Getting one between the eyes was actually the easy way out and fully deserved.  No shits given for her death.

Any loss of life is sad. Just the way I come about it. People make choices in their lives. Hopefully, the members of the Taliban will find 99 rednecks with bullwhips when they die and not virgins. 

31 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Any loss of life is sad. Just the way I come about it. People make choices in their lives. Hopefully, the members of the Taliban will find 99 rednecks with bullwhips when they die and not virgins. 

umm, the self-awareness score on this attempt to springboard off of incredulity's disingenuous virtue signaling is pretty extraordinarily low in light of the fact that you have spent most of your time in this thread unapologetically advocating for the genocide of millions of people.

in response to someone pointing out how many innocent women and children would be murdered in your genocidal plan, you said:

Better to be obliterated. Than what they will or have been going through. Assuming they do live.

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

umm, the self-awareness score on this attempt to springboard off of incredulity's disingenuous virtue signaling is pretty extraordinarily low in light of the fact that you have spent most of your time in this thread unapologetically advocating for the genocide of millions of people.

So while I take no delight in the passing of any human I can’t also advocate that the members of the Taliban need to be put down? 

Just now, Nicole44 said:

I don’t think that the members of the Taliban are worth saving. 

You just said any life...

Now it's any life...except the Taliban and thousands of innocent goat herders, women, and children who are standing next to them.

Got it.

Just now, SmokeyTheBear said:

And some don't think vaccine deniers or insurrectionists or fascists deserve saving either. Where's the line? 

I’m fully vaccinated. Wear my mask everywhere. And again…it boils down to choices. I don’t relish the loss of any human life. 1000 year choices to be exact with the same ideology. 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I’m fully vaccinated. Wear my mask everywhere. And again…it boils down to choices. I don’t relish the loss of any human life. 1000 year choices to be exact with the same ideology. 

Except for "bad" people

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

Just now, Nicole44 said:

So while I take no delight in the passing of any human I can’t also advocate that the members of the Taliban need to be put down? 

you said that women and children should be obliterated as well in your quest for genocide and took glee in the notion.  now you are playing the virtue signaling greatest hits bullshit trying to claim superiority.

but regardless, you apparently don't think the taliban is worth saving but you think a deranged terrorist who had already unlawfully entered the capitol in your own country and was attempting to locate the vice president in order to bring him harm because he refused to undermine the democratic election process and the will of the people of this country for purposes of installing an illegitimate dictator instead should be treasured...

fucking useful idiots.  this page is a masterful illustration of it.  incredulity knows better but has no problem being an awful person so he trots out a little bait and a slight nudge for a useful idiot like nicole to swallow up and run with.  extraordinary.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You just said any life...

Now it's any life...except the Taliban and thousands of innocent goat herders, women, and children who are standing next to them.

Got it.

I suppose the women and little girls they rape might be a part of their tribe. Like I said I do not think a loss of any life is a good thing. I’d mourn them too. 

We do what we do. It does matter why we pulled out and why we lost so many people. The optics of this one term administration are what they are. It does matter. So China (the absolute paragon of the environment) could now take control? I could care less what happens to the Taliban. Or ISIS. Or whatever group. At what point do people realize they are what they are. Hell the 9/11 terrorists came to America and stayed here for months and interacted with us assholes and even went to strip clubs. They have an ideology that they subscribe to. It won’t ever change and no amount of kindness or help or understanding that you give them will change it. 

1.  One thing matters: that we're out.  Perhaps it hasn't crossed your mind that in fact getting out will push Biden over the line for a second term.  He's already done a great job restarting the economy and controlling Covid given the extent that most Republicans have tried to sabotage him efforts.

2.  Of course the Chinese could enter the picture.  They're already in South America and Africa (you were aware of that right?). But who cares, #1 is that we're out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

you said that women and children should be obliterated as well in your quest for genocide and took glee in the notion.  now you are playing the virtue signaling greatest hits bullshit trying to claim superiority.

but regardless, you apparently don't think the taliban is worth saving but you think a deranged terrorist who had already unlawfully entered the capitol in your own country and was attempting to locate the vice president in order to bring him harm because he refused to undermine the democratic election process and the will of the people of this country for purposes of installing an illegitimate dictator instead should be treasured...

fucking useful idiots.  this page is a masterful illustration of it.  incredulity knows better but has no problem being an awful person so he trots out a little bait and a slight nudge for a useful idiot like nicole to swallow up and run with.  extraordinary.

I really don’t “read up” on posters. Is that a prerequisite on this forum? I did read up on the Board Discussion about socks. Apparently, most of y’all need sunscreen. If you stay in the basement that long eventually you have to go out and get fresh air. but you’d mostly get your asses handed to you in most parts of this board without calling for a Mod to wipe your ass.

don’t hate anyone (take that back just one person) it’s how I’m built. I’m not cool. I know this. 

52 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

1.  One thing matters: that we're out.  Perhaps it hasn't crossed your mind that in fact getting out will push Biden over the line for a second term.  He's already done a great job restarting the economy and controlling Covid given the extent that most Republicans have tried to sabotage him efforts.

2.  Of course the Chinese could enter the picture.  They're already in South America and Africa (you were aware of that right?). But who cares, #1 is that we're out.

1. If Biden makes this term I will buy you a nice steak dinner. Or whatever it is. Also, not a Republican but if I said who I voted for (Democrat) you’d just trash my opinion. 
2. Yep we are out. What a shitshow. 

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Fuck you.  

There is some seriously disgusting shit posted by the sanctimonious FAFO crew.

Oh good, drunk incredulity is here with his rage words. 

I am confident that you do not celebrate the deaths of terrorists. 

11 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Fuck you.  

There is some seriously disgusting shit posted by the sanctimonious FAFO crew.

We can't help them. We've tried for 18 months. I've tried on my wife's side of the family. My wife is a scientist for god's sake, and they won't even listen to her. We're just brainwashed liberals. You're ideologically closer to them. They might listen. I'm sure you have a few in your life who might still have time to be dissuaded from their current path. I implore you to try.

I don't take joy* in people dying from their own stupidity...but it sure as shit ain't sad anymore. 

*okay, some of the gritty gifs are worth a chuckle.

Edited by aggie08
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Someone want to explain to me how a suicide bomber in a city like Kabul could have been stopped if we had 1000 or 100,000 more troops on the ground?  That ain’t Biden’s fault.  13 serviceman died because of a terror attack that was not going to be stopped unfortunately because a crazy man with a bomb strapped to his chest in a place like Kabul has a good chance of killing a bunch of people.  It’s nice of all you to throw blame around but like I posted pages ago, but is it the President’s fault when a terror attack happens?  Did we ask Reagan to resign when the marines were blown up in Beirut?   When 9/11 happened why didn’t everyone yell for W to resign.  It was on his watch right?   Same goes for Trump and Clinton.  You are all brainwashed by right wing media and now frothing at the mouth because it’s all Biden’s fault and a Republican would have done a better job of evacuating a war zone.  Just like Gerald Ford did when he was a Republican President leaving Vietnam and it went perfectly right?  All of you pushing this “its all Biden’s fault” are a beating.

It is all Biden's fault.  could have been all Trump's but you know timing and all.

21 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

It is all Biden's fault.  could have been all Trump's but you know timing and all.

This may be the first time that I've ever agreed with you on anything.

Anyone who says that this thread wouldn't be polar opposite in tone had it happened under Trump is full of shit.

Poor intelligence led to poor decisions among a buffet of only poor options. I'd like answers as to why they made the choices they did, all the way up to the President (won't be holding my breath).

But even if all the "better" bad choices were made (and that doesn't appear to be the case), at some point there was always going to be a frenzied rush to the airport trying to catch the last planes out, creating target rich environments. And it fucking sucks.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This may be the first time that I've ever agreed with you on anything.

Anyone who says that this thread wouldn't be polar opposite in tone had it happened under Trump is full of shit.

Poor intelligence led to poor decisions among a buffet of only poor options. Even if all the "better" bad choices were made (and that doesn't appear to be the case), at some point there was always going to be a frenzied rush to the airport trying to catch the last planes out, creating target rich environments. And it fucking sucks.

Were you really class of 08? Just wanted to know if you knew a friend.