Afghan War ending, foretold by The Onion 10 years Ago [DT thread ruined by politics]

crash_davis

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Also, I would like to know why it is that posters ass-ume so much about me? My life is an open book. 

Why would you name yourself after the shittiest TexMex/Mexican restaurant ever in the whole history of the world? Y’all in this CR may be unforgiving but I do read the Travel thread. Scared shitless to post there. 

You have never had Florida Tex-Mex at Chi-Chi's.  El Fenix was pretty decent when I had it 20 odd years ago.  Fenix was the best character in Starcraft.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

You have never had Florida Tex-Mex at Chi-Chi's.  El Fenix was pretty decent when I had it 20 odd years ago.  Fenix was the best character in Starcraft.  

I’ve not had the cuisine there. El Fenix is bad. I didn’t post it Yelp my food there but if can fuck up a taco (yes I’m walking right into it) you’ll fuck up everything else. El Fenix is a cool name and I haven’t seen Starcraft. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

So while I take no delight in the passing of any human I can’t also advocate that the members of the Taliban need to be put down? 

Again there is no good decision.  The taliban cut down the drug trade and boy pedo rape.  And they condoned stoning women to death, rape, and girl-pedo rape.    We can save the boys and let them rape the women.  Or we can spend trillions, and kill people by the thousands and lose Americans by the thousands (not including non-fatal casualties) and save the girls and put the boys back at risk.  Or we can murder 70% of their population, spend 10s of thousands of American lives, trillions of money, and hope we find some people worth putting in charge.  

It sucks we couldn't help them.  It sucks that a town of 4.5 million surrendered without a peep to a few thousand dickheads.  It sucks that so many of them are willing to risk their lives to flee but not to fight.   It sucks that Kiera is not at my house.  

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I’ve not had the cuisine there. El Fenix is bad. I didn’t post it Yelp my food there but if can fuck up a taco (yes I’m walking right into it) you’ll fuck up everything else. El Fenix is a cool name and I haven’t seen Starcraft. 

West Virginia Tex-Mex was pretty close to Chi-Chi's.   Hell, even that Mexican place at the base of the Smokey Mountains in Crosby, Tennessee where they play Bluegrass music, and have dollar store themed happy birthday decorations randomly strewn across the stage while the patrons drank locally sourced white lighting and passed it around had better Tex-Mex than one should expect especially considering there was zero non-whites in that place.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Why are people still pretending that someone advocating eugenics and genocide has any worthwhile opinions on any subject?

Oooh. Any subject? Just kidding. Whenever I see your posts I think go the movie The Natural for some reason. If you feel sorry for the Taliban I really don’t know what to tell ya. They are what they are. They made a choice to follow their ideology. What the fuck is ISiS-K? They all suck. I would bet ten bucks that you honestly believe you can change an ideology. 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Oooh. Any subject? Just kidding. Whenever I see your posts I think go the movie The Natural for some reason. If you feel sorry for the Taliban I really don’t know what to tell ya. They are what they are. They made a choice to follow their ideology. What the fuck is ISiS-K? They all suck. I would bet ten bucks that you honestly believe you can change an ideology. 

Yes any subject. You’re a piece of shit and a dunce to boot.

nicole : I mourn the loss of any life

also Nicole: let’s commit genocide

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yes any subject. You’re a piece of shit and a dunce to boot.

nicole : I mourn the loss of any life

also Nicole: let’s commit genocide

When they are killed I will mourn them. I admit I’ve not read many of your posts but if they are as pedantic and pedestrian as this? If you have an argument as to why the members of the Taliban should be spared please articulate it. 

When they are killed I will mourn them. I admit I’ve not read many of your posts but if they are as pedantic and pedestrian as this? If you have an argument as to why the members of the Taliban should be spared please articulate it. 

I have an argument as to why genocide shouldn’t be committed. If you need that explained then you’re less intelligent than I thought. 

23 minutes ago, Nivek said:

West Virginia Tex-Mex was pretty close to Chi-Chi's.   Hell, even that Mexican place at the base of the Smokey Mountains in Crosby, Tennessee where they play Bluegrass music, and have dollar store themed happy birthday decorations randomly strewn across the stage while the patrons drank locally sourced white lighting and passed it around had better Tex-Mex than one should expect especially considering there was zero non-whites in that place.  

I will avoid these places. Always wanted to see Tennessee. The absolute worst restaurants always have all these decorations and you see pieces of lint on them and dead flies. 

4 hours ago, elfenix said:

that headline is wrong, there were non-combat fatalities (keep in mind, casualty is broader than fatalities, so it's wrong in that way too) in may, july, and november of last year. 

http://www.icasualties.org/App/AfghanFatalities?page=2&rows=10

If your looking at column 6, that's the decedent's age.  Not a KIA total or fatality total.

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I have an argument as to why genocide shouldn’t be committed. If you need that explained then you’re less intelligent than I thought. 

If you are trying to make an argument we shouldn’t kill them bc there might be women and children with them you are exactly as intelligent as I thought. 

• Like 1

We’re either going to decide more American soldiers need to die or we decide enough is enough.

It seems like we’re going to choose for more to die in an effort to enact justice/revenge for its own sake.

I know I shouldn’t be but I can’t believe how quickly and loudly the war drums started beating.

Finding out portion of the program:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Acting swiftly on President Joe Biden's promise to retaliate for the deadly suicide bombing at Kabul airport, the U.S. military said it used a drone strike to kill a member of the Islamic State group's Afghanistan affiliate Saturday.

The strike came amid what the White House called indications that IS planned to strike again as the U.S.-led evacuation from Kabul airport moved into its final days. Biden has set Tuesday as his deadline for completing the exit.

Biden authorized the drone strike and it was ordered by Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, a defense official said, speaking on condition of anonymity to provide details not yet publicly announced.

The airstrike was launched from beyond Afghanistan less than 48 hours after the devastating Kabul attack that killed 13 Americans and scores of Afghans with just days left in a final U.S. withdrawal after 20 years of war. U.S. Central Command provided few details; it said it believed its strike killed no civilians.

The speed with which the U.S. military retaliated reflected its close monitoring of IS and years of experience in targeting extremists in remote parts of the world.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-vows-finish-kabul-evacuation-043350697.html

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

We’re either going to decide more American soldiers need to die or we decide enough is enough.

It seems like we’re going to choose for more to die in an effort to enact justice/revenge for its own sake.

I know I shouldn’t be but I can’t believe how quickly and loudly the war drums started beating.

We are leaving and good luck to those who can’t get out. keeping a military base over there was not that huge of a deal we needed to leave. Fucking A!  (Personal loss) I think we got the Chief Goat herder! 

15 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

My nephew gave me these 3 D glasses and so watching Jaws 3D. That movie should killed a ton of careers but it did not. Also, killing the Taliban does not mean I am for genocide. At some point, people on this board need to learn to read. Did I ever say kill everyone in the Middle East? The Taliban sucks. 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

JJ alluded that you and Donkey Cigars are one in the same.  Just a poor joke.  

Okay. PM the mod. Ask them who I am, There is actually a pic of me on the net. 

No way I have some kind of sock. For fucks sake……….everyone knows my story and it’s the same. Hasn’t changed. 

Edited by Nicole44

Okay. PM the mod. Ask them who I am, There is actually a pic of me on the net. 

I know. You’ve put a ton of yourself and family history on here. You aren’t following me. I was making a joke that if Donkey Cigars is a 40-ish good looking woman with a lot of west Texas land then it would blow my mind. Just a joke.  

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I know. You’ve put a ton of yourself and family history on here. You aren’t following me. I was making a joke that if Donkey Cigars is a 40-ish good looking woman with a lot of west Texas land then it would blow my mind. Just a joke.  

I’m sorry that my spidery stuff is up. I’m hyper sensitive right now. Y’all married people do Not know how lucky you are. 

Just now, Nicole44 said:

I’m sorry that my spidery stuff is up. I’m hyper sensitive right now. Y’all married people do Not know how lucky you are. 

You know how I know you don’t follow the Sugar Baby thread?

It’s cool. I didn’t see how it turned out but know you’ve had some heavy shit on your plate last few weeks. Hope all is well. Drink a beer, relax, and get ready for 10 wins.