I need a new binge show - I don't think I can take another 5 seasons of Sons of Anarchy

Elvis

10 hours ago, Incredulity said:

The Wire

5 hours ago, Pablo said:

Just started watching The West Wing for the first time.  

Last year I binged both for the first time, and they were both incredible.

The Wire is great for all seasons, although the last season took a bit of a dip, which seems to be the general consensus.

I always thought the West Wing was going to be too liberal-bent, too preachy, too melodramatic, and just never bothered to give it a shot. Yeah, it’s got a Democratic lean, but the writing and characters are excellent. The back half of the series is not as good as the first, and there are a couple jump-the-shark moments, but I thought it was still compelling through the last episode.

Just started Ozark. Holy shit it’s good stuff.

5 hours ago, Pablo said:

Just started watching The West Wing for the first time.  I wasn't into politics when it aired, now it seems I'm sucked into it.  

I'm partway through Season 3.  Season 2 was pretty great and after looking at guides online, was the best of all the seasons. 

Pretty interesting, so I'll keep going.

West Wing is great. Holds up really well. I had it in my head as a very late 90s/turn of the century feel of a show, and it feels much more modern than that.

The Leftovers. Weird show but so great. Big reason I love Carrie Coon.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Last year I binged both for the first time, and they were both incredible.

The Wire is great for all seasons, although the last season took a bit of a dip, which seems to be the general consensus.

I always thought the West Wing was going to be too liberal-bent, too preachy, too melodramatic, and just never bothered to give it a shot. Yeah, it’s got a Democratic lean, but the writing and characters are excellent. The back half of the series is not as good as the first, and there are a couple jump-the-shark moments, but I thought it was still compelling through the last episode.

Just started Ozark. Holy shit it’s good stuff.

Enjoy Ozark now because the last few seasons are a ridiculous mess. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It is easily one of the shows I think about the most, and it is one of the shows with the most distinctive feel.

Whatever the name of the Lost guy - he's a creator or there's some big overlap with The Leftovers and Lost. I loved Lost when it was airing and I'm able to go back and enjoy the character building they did with Lost and Lost has some of the best moments in TV history, and I also think that the ending was complete bullshit and sours the entire series. We could and I think have gotten into a whole thing about if the audience is owed explanations, but my feeling is that from the very way the show was structured there was a promise of "finding out" to the audience with Lost. The Leftovers handled that whole thing (big what the fuck event happened and weird shit is going on in our world now) in a much much better way and I was completely satisfied with how it played out and how it wrapped up. I may be talking myself into watching the whole series again. And it's fucking refreshing both the continuity and the huge shifts from season to season.

Season 2 title sequence up there with Dexter as an all time great

wait wtf janel maloney (if i'm not mistaken, Josh's secretarial sidekick from West Wing) was in The Leftovers? shit i'm going to rewatch after I finish succession

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 7/10/2021 at 12:07 AM, Elvis said:

I've rewatched so many shows that I have loved - Sopranos, Justified, Bosch, even a lot of sitcoms.  I got tired of Fargo in season 4.  I actually like rewatching shows because I play them on my other monitor while I'm working on stuff that doesn't need close attention.

SAMCRO is kind of beating.  

Any recomendations?

I've seen a lot  Star Trek (since TNG) I think.  Maybe that would be good.  Is DS9 good?  I think I grew out of that show when it was on live.

Also, thick accents don't work for me, as I'm only occasionally looking at the screen, and it's hard to understand what is going on.

Community. Great comedy but also a really good show with good characters and writing. I constantly have it on in the background and can't recommend enough.

On 9/9/2022 at 8:33 AM, Texzilla58 said:

Orphan Black was great but I can’t find it for free anywhere.

https://soap2day.to/TczozMDoiMzAzfHw3MC4xMjIuMTM0Ljc0fHwxNjYyODg0NjAyIjs.html

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray