2021 MLB Draft Megathread

Sir Ulrich

Wanted to have a place to talk all things MLB Draft 2021. From the Longhorns headed to the show to your favorite teams screw ups (looking at your Rangers)  

Schedule 

Spoiler
Rounds Date Time (ET) Viewing
1/Comp Balance A Sunday, July 11 7:07 p.m. ESPN/MLB Network
2-10/Comp Balance B Monday, July 12 1 p.m. MLB.com
11-20 Tuesday, July 13 Noon MLB.com

Compulsory, "which recruits are we worried about losing to the draft" question. 

Thanks for the placeholder.  Even at just 20 rounds this year, I think we're gonna see a lot of Longhorns go, but ownership groups have made it known they're not gonna spend 40-50 rounds of money on just the 20 rounds.  And the continued compression of MiLB levels/clubs, not as many places to park latter round guys either.  Another big difference this year is the signing date moving to 1 August, three weeks later than usual.  We won't have to wait long to see who shows up on campus after that.  

Like most of sports this year, I think most of the projections are about to go out of the window.  

Ty getting passed over by others. He didn't end the season as strongly as he started. Could be why. So, how far does he have to drop to give any hope that he'll come back for another year? I'm guessing he would have to fall to the 2nd round. 

7 minutes ago, cafe society said:

You seem very certain.  He's certainly a no-brainer at this point.

Yes, I am certain that were done with the 1st round. And yes, I'm certain we're on to compensation picks, and yes, I'm certain that Ty is still waiting. Am I missing something? 

• Rage+1 1