Boo fucking hoo Ashli Babbitt

Gooby

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Close runners up were the others who were fucking around and saw her finding out.  Just one body hits the ground and those "warrior patriots" scurried like rats.  Fucking coward squad bay commandos.  

I nominate the terrorists who trampled over one of their own and chanted “I can’t breathe” as she lay dying of underneath their feet of a heart attack.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I nominate the terrorists who trampled over one of their own and chanted “I can’t breathe” as she lay dying of underneath their feet of a heart attack.

“I have the blood of a patriot on my Doc Marten Velcro shoes”.  I am totally writing that song.  It’s going to be right up there with the day shit went down at the Randall’s.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

It's both sides bullshit because you are equating what this officer did to an officer shooting a kid playing with a toy gun at a playground or an innocent woman sleeping in her own bed. 

Well, actually, the example I referred to was a cop saving a young woman from being stabbed to death by another.  But you knew that. You are either for or against street justice for police.  It can’t be just when it fits your narrative of a “good/bad shoot”.  

40 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You attack the capitol you should get shot. This was no protest. It was an insurrection. The only reason more people didn’t get justifiably shot was because Trump wanted them to attack the capitol and kill mike pence if he wouldn’t help to stop the legal counting of the electoral votes. 

The only tragedy is more of them weren’t shot attacking the capitol and as a result the capitol got overrun by a bunch of criminals. Undermining America. 

To think otherwise is you are a white supremacist making excuses for a horrible act by horrible or at best naive people. Next time they try it won’t be so lucky since trump is not the president. 

I don’t know why you quoted me on that, I’m in 100% agreement.  I was on the first 2-3 pages of the original insurrection thread stating as such.  I wouldn’t lose an ounce of sleep if they shot every one of the fucking idiots that attacked our capitol.  That went far past stupidity into straight dangerous.  I’ve got no time for that. 

37 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

And up above, @fattyflattie try going anywhere near the White House or The Capital with malice, and see how that works out.  White, black or brown you are going to get dead.  

I don’t disagree. Actually I do; blacks and browns probably stand much much less of a chance of walking out alive to be traced down later via Facebook.  But point remains. Fuck around, find out. In the realest sense. 

If she had followed the officers orders, she’d be alive today. 

they should have started dropping fools as soon the steppes across the door. After the first 12 or so, this rebellion is over

everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

they should have started dropping fools as soon the steppes across the door. After the first 12 or so, this rebellion is over

They literally opened the gates. 

Not sure why the cap police are getting so much leash. 

because they're the only thing that allows the U.S. Treasury to still sell notes, bills, and bonds right now.  Trump's tax cuts aren't keeping our economy afloat, shit---the U.S. economy isn't keeping our economy afloat.  They kept us from sinking into a decade long depression.  Either you get it at first blush or you never will.  Like oysters. 

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

They literally opened the gates. 

Not sure why the cap police are getting so much leash. 

Maybe because there is confusion as to exactly whom and at what percentage the officers were protecting and serving? It doesn't help that they were outnumbered or that many people were allowed to leave and perhaps dispose of weapons that were more lethal than those already in evidence such as flagpoles and tasers. Or that the chain of command seemed to be in disarray.

I guess never in my life would I expect to not face lethal consequences if I breached an outside barricade on the grounds and then walked past shattered glass through doors and then battered a window in a door that led to what appeared to be a place where access was restricted. I live in Texas for heaven's sake, and I've been told often enough that to trespass is to expect a gun in my face.

This was an aggression towards someone (the officer) so for all I know that was a national security risk potentially being exposed. 

I still say you go full Heydrich and drag her husband and her parents out on live television and hang them as a warning.  Anybody has a problem with it, "there are no shortage of meathooks on which to hang enemies of the state" as the good general once said.  

Dead traitors are the most fun to laugh at.  Especially their weeping families.  

10 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Maybe because there is confusion as to exactly whom and at what percentage the officers were protecting and serving? It doesn't help that they were outnumbered or that many people were allowed to leave and perhaps dispose of weapons that were more lethal than those already in evidence such as flagpoles and tasers. Or that the chain of command seemed to be in disarray.

I don't see these kind of excuses when it comes to other LE entities and situations.  Let's just be consistent. The cap police are not special snowflakes cause Trump insurrection.  They are still just cops doing cop things.  

48 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, actually, the example I referred to was a cop saving a young woman from being stabbed to death by another.  But you knew that. You are either for or against street justice for police.  It can’t be just when it fits your narrative of a “good/bad shoot”.  

I have no idea what you are talking about, your initial post didn’t contain any specifics except for some limp both sides talk and a Lebron reference for some reason. I didn’t even consider you were talking about one specific incident. I’m also going to guess Lebron didn’t tweet the officer’s address. That would have been a big deal and nobody would have excused it. 

Pretty baffled by what point you are trying to make in this thread really. It was about Babbitt being propped up as a martyr by the right but for some reason you felt that it needed to be said that some hypothetical person is a hypocrite about “street justice for police”?

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't see these kind of excuses when it comes to other LE entities and situations.  Let's just be consistent. The cap police are not special snowflakes cause Trump insurrection.  They are still just cops doing cop things.  

Don't the other police know they have the backing of the institution, though? I'm not convinced that leadership was sending a clear message about what and how they were expected to quell or defend this. I guess I better sit down and read the report in more detail.

I wouldn't say he's responsible for her death.  But I'd like to send her severed head to his house and have it shoved up his wife's vagina while he watches in horror.  

Because, you know...he prefers insurrectionists that don't get killed on the mission.  The mission of course, being a fucking loser who deserved to die painfully.  

Edited by Lobo

7 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Jesus. Some of y’all need to log off and get some fresh air.  The women is dead. She left behind family.  The situation is tragic. If you read articles about her, she was clearly troubled. 

The rioters were seditious and wrong and I hope as many of them as possible do hard time.  If they had been black, the National Guard and cops would have just opened up with automatic weapons fire instead of posing for selfies. The whole thing is horrible and emblematic of the rotten, broken corpse of the GOP.

But let’s try to have a little personal empathy here. 

Some of the comments have been a little nasty, but we're talking traitors here. As of today we have hope of some real consequences coming down, but so far it's been a couple of months in jail with some organic food for the most part.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Jesus. Some of y’all need to log off and get some fresh air.  The women is dead. She left behind family.  The situation is tragic. If you read articles about her, she was clearly troubled. 

The rioters were seditious and wrong and I hope as many of them as possible do hard time.  If they had been black, the National Guard and cops would have just opened up with automatic weapons fire instead of posing for selfies. The whole thing is horrible and emblematic of the rotten, broken corpse of the GOP.

But let’s try to have a little personal empathy here. 

fuck

that 

dumb 

cunt 

she 100% brought this upon herself 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

^

And America is lovely, dark and deep.

And we've many traitors yet to sleep.

And miles to go before thy keep.

Miles to go before thy keep.

For those that don't read poetry, a lot of these people are going to be taking their own lives in the next year or so.  And when they do, it's okay to smile.

If they don't shoot there, then the angry mob chanting Hang Mike Pence probably gets to Mike Pence. He was right around the corner. 
Like if you storm the White House, and are heading upstairs to where the first family is... you're gonna get shot. The only question is why did it not happen sooner.
That answer is that they were white folks emboldened and encouraged by 1 of our 2 major political parties.. End of convo.

5 hours ago, Bookman said:

Trump isn't responsible for her death. She is. What the fuck did she think was going to happen?

That Trump was going to march with her down to the Capitol. That she was doing Trump’s bidding. That Trump’s lies about the election being stolen from him were true. Of course Trump has blood on his hands. If he had conceded his loss and engaged in a peaceful transfer of power, she’d still be alive. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That Trump was going to march with her down to the Capitol. That she was doing Trump’s bidding. That Trump’s lies about the election being stolen from him were true. Of course Trump has blood on his hands. If he had conceded his loss and engaged in a peaceful transfer of power, she’d still be alive. 

And I still wonder why hardly anyone tells republicans to stfu because there was no riot when Clinton lost to trump in the popular vote and there was no question about the totals.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If he had conceded his loss and engaged in a peaceful transfer of power, she’d still be alive. 

There's no doubt about that. But the only reason Trump had any power is because they enabled him.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bookman said:

Those are two different things.

They're the same thing. Trump is responsible in the same way a respondent is deemed responsible in a lawsuit via jury verdict, which is how I look at things like this. It's not an all or nothing proposition. It's not black and white.

Most of the time, what happens in a lawsuit where a plaintiff is claiming some sort of injury is that the jury has to consider who bears the most blame for it. It's not like the respondent gets off scot-free if the jury indicates some sort of contribution by the plaintiff. 

So, in this case, was Ashli Babbitt responsible for her actions? Absolutely. But those actions would never have been taken had Trump simply followed in the grand tradition of "take the loss, pussy" that the aforementioned 10 presidents took before him. He absolutely is responsible for her death, and you are dead wrong to assert the opposite. Babbitt would never have gone there, nor would those thousands of morons had Trump simply said on the Saturday where Biden was declared the winner "I just called Joe Biden to congratulate him on his victory."

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

I cannot believe that a single person could struggle with this. Ten men before Trump lost re-election bids, and not once was there a full on riot/insurrection attempt by partisans of the losing side during the lame duck period. Why? Probably had something to do with the fact that neither John Adams, nor his son, nor Van Buren, Cleveland, Harrison, Taft, Hoover, Ford, Carter, nor Bush called the results "fake news." They didn't allege that the votes were rigged in favor of the opponent, they didn't refuse to concede defeat, and they didn't invite thousands of protesters to the front of the White House for purposes of marching on the capitol during the reading of the fucking electoral results. That formula of not doing any of those things seemed to work in terms of peaceful transition, but when you're dealing with someone that has a massive inferiority complex and an incurable case of narcissistic personality disorder, awful things can happen...especially if your electoral base happens to constitute hyper-religious nuts, paranoid conspiracy theorists, white supremacists, and the dumbest among the electorate.

And he STILL refuses to accept reality and the fact that he lost fair and square. And so millions of his idiot followers believe him. 

I don’t disagree. Actually I do; blacks and browns probably stand much much less of a chance of walking out alive to be traced down later via Facebook.  But point remains. Fuck around, find out. In the realest sense. 
I may have misunderstood what you were saying. If so, mea culpa.
  • Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And he STILL refuses to accept reality and the fact that he lost fair and square. And so millions of his idiot followers believe him. 

And he’s ready to tear down this entire country to back his big lie

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

I have no kids. But I would have to imagine the level of hate and vitriol i have for that man would be the inverse of how I would feel having a child. As they grow and accomplish more, my love for them would swell. As I continue to learn more about him I find myself reaching new depths of hate I didn't even know were attainable. He cannot die soon enough

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, hpslugga said:

And it’s not just that they’re traitors, their cause for said treason is completely illusory.

When the South seceded, we could at least understand why they did it. It was completely monstrous, morally reprehensible, yada yada yada, but at least it was something real. Slavery was a real thing and they had justifiable fears that it, as a legally covered institution, was coming to an end if they remained in the US.

This shit? It was never real. None of it. This shit was about a stolen election that was never stolen, a conspiracy between parties that never conspired with each other, a crime family that committed no crime…and somehow Hugo fucking Chavez was dragged into this. 

A-Fucking-Amen.

Contrary to the idiot Lost Cause revisionists, the Southern leadership told everybody why they were seceding - Texas spelled it out in the third paragraph in their Declaration of Causes.  There was no ambiguity - they were scared shitless, and rightfully so, that they were going to lose their slaves.

These fuckwits were being played by Trump, by Fox News, and by the grifters who made up the Q shit over imaginary grievances ginned up so that the Grift Train could keep on chugging.

And unlike some poor, uneducated, Southerner in 1861 who only knew what they were told by the local news rag (that was owned by folks manipulating them) these people in 2021 have the ability to seek out other viewpoints by pushing a button and changing the channel or visiting another website.  The amount of information and alternative viewpoints available to any adult here in 2021 is staggering.

17 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

If she had followed the officers orders, she’d be alive today. 

She would never have been at the Capitol if somebody had gotten her some mental health treatment.

And there is no way that people around her didn't see it.  I've got a full-on qanon relative, and it's glaringly obvious that she has mental health issues.

If my in-law had been given some extra money by her parents, I have no doubt she would have been in D.C. on the 6th, and we'd be hearing about a 40-something woman who collapsed from over-exertion or a heart attack or some other fucking around and finding out kind of thing.  And you all would be bitching about her family not getting her help, and I'd be quietly ignoring the thread with an expression of 

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I was certainly not advocating locking the family members up or making them legally liable.  They had a front row seat to this bitch’s descent into lunacy, and they sat back and watched.  They can get fucked.

This.  I know some folks only believe a few of the Q things that line up with their beliefs and that were passed around mainstream, but the full-on qanon types I know of, they were all clearly fucked in the head.

7 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I have no kids. But I would have to imagine the level of hate and vitriol i have for that man would be the inverse of how I would feel having a child. As they grow and accomplish more, my love for them would swell. As I continue to learn more about him I find myself reaching new depths of hate I didn't even know were attainable. He cannot die soon enough

I do not say this lightly, but I do not think he’ll bottom out until he gets his room key to the 7th Circle. He can top every hateful statement and action with one even more unthinkable than the last. 

3 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I do not say this lightly, but I do not think he’ll bottom out until he gets his room key to the 7th Circle. He can top every hateful statement and action with one even more unthinkable than the last. 

the only bottom he has ever found was his VP

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

She would never have been at the Capitol if somebody had gotten her some mental health treatment.

And there is no way that people around her didn't see it.  I've got a full-on qanon relative, and it's glaringly obvious that she has mental health issues.

If my in-law had been given some extra money by her parents, I have no doubt she would have been in D.C. on the 6th, and we'd be hearing about a 40-something woman who collapsed from over-exertion or a heart attack or some other fucking around and finding out kind of thing.  And you all would be bitching about her family not getting her help, and I'd be quietly ignoring the thread with an expression of 

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF

I'm all for having all of these people committed, but is that a realistic solution?