Boo fucking hoo Ashli Babbitt

Gooby

Babbitt was former military. If she were clothed in her right mind, she should have known her actions were putting in mortal danger.

Given the large number of former or current military involved in the Jan 6 assault, the ‘should have known’ seems to be at issue.

probably 15% of the total population would accurately be described as hard-core right wing. That number probably hasn’t changed much over the years. Trumps election however allowed that segment to start steering the GOP ship. Ships take a long time to turn. I know a lot on this board don’t believe moderates exist anymore, but they absolutely do. They are what allowed Biden to defeat Trump and their abandonment of the Republican party will likely result in a hold for the Dems in the house and a gain in the Senate in the midterms, which rarely happens these days. I haven’t seen data from any state republican party that shows an increase in membership. The 20 year data for the Republican party numbers show a trend toward extinction.  

And for those on the board who think 15% is a big enough number to dissolve the constitution and install an autocrat, most of the moderates I know are big second amendment fans, just like the right wingers. And there are a whole lot more of us than them

The question is, will y’all be in the right place at the right time to stop them when they violently overturn and take over our government?

All of our guns don’t mean shit while they’re locked in a safe at home.

That’s how a violent minority takes over. It’s exactly how. It’s happened countless times throughout history.

The GQP is not a political party. It is a nihilist terrorist movement with only one guiding principle: seize and hold power at all costs. When everyone else is concerned with preserving rules and norms, violent nuts like the GQP have the advantage.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

The question is, will y’all be in the right place at the right time to stop them when they violently overturn and take over our government?

They aren’t going to do that. I know you are a terminal pessimist, but at that point, you will see the military step in and quash it. I guess there is the small but not negligible chance the military could back such a play but I wouldn’t lose any sleep at night over that possibility.  

In my opinion the most likely scenario for violence would be local agitators, and I really don’t think that happens on much of a scale. Absent privation, most people don’t get riled up enough to start shooting each other

15 hours ago, Satchel said:

Babbitt was former military. If she were clothed in her right mind, she should have known her actions were putting in mortal danger.

She was Air Force.  Air Force has plenty of "fuck around and find out" kinds of places where they will shoot you. 

But she was brainwashed by the Qanon idiots.

Her family should be going after the Qanon idiots, the Watkins father/son duo, etc.

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Given the large number of former or current military involved in the Jan 6 assault, the ‘should have known’ seems to be at issue.

They thought they had the backing of their commander in chief.

• Like 1

I saw her brother on one of the documentaries trying to unpack what happened on 1/6. He seemed to be as bewildered as anybody about his sister’s radicalization and didn’t seem to be blaming anybody other than her for her untimely demise. I guess it possible the money cons got to him.

7 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I saw her brother on one of the documentaries trying to unpack what happened on 1/6. He seemed to be as bewildered as anybody about his sister’s radicalization and didn’t seem to be blaming anybody other than her for her untimely demise. I guess it possible the money cons got to him.

I have a hard time believing he was bewildered - if it's one thing a shitload of these Qanon types do, it's make sure everybody around them knows they are crazy Q followers.

I want to empathize with the family - we've got an in-law that's full on qanon, and we tried to address her mental illnesses long before Trump came around, but if she fucked around and find out like this woman did, none of us are going to be in lawsuit and publicity mode.  If anything, we'd be trying to keep it on the down low.

Forget Danny Devito GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

8 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

probably 15% of the total population would accurately be described as hard-core right wing. That number probably hasn’t changed much over the years. Trumps election however allowed that segment to start steering the GOP ship. Ships take a long time to turn. I know a lot on this board don’t believe moderates exist anymore, but they absolutely do. They are what allowed Biden to defeat Trump and their abandonment of the Republican party will likely result in a hold for the Dems in the house and a gain in the Senate in the midterms, which rarely happens these days. I haven’t seen data from any state republican party that shows an increase in membership. The 20 year data for the Republican party numbers show a trend toward extinction.  

And for those on the board who think 15% is a big enough number to dissolve the constitution and install an autocrat, most of the moderates I know are big second amendment fans, just like the right wingers. And there are a whole lot more of us than them

This is of course predicated on the notion that Rs are going to follow the rules and allow democracy to work as intended, which is wishful thinking, IMO. 

• Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Just an all-American gal in a throuple. 

capitol-babbitt-throuple.jpg

The trump loons are beginning to circulate rumors that she was CIA.

She fucked around and found out.  Her situational awareness was unreliable. That's how people die. 

The truth is Ashli Babbitt swore an oath to the Constitution and tried to overthrow our government. She was shot while attempting to breach the last line of defense between a seditious mob and our elected leaders. That's what the facts say, but that makes them feel bad, so they will reject it as truth. 

Ashli Babbitt being a martyr makes them feel good. They will believe it, because it makes them feel good.  

Ashli Babbitt being a CIA patsy makes them feel good. They will believe it, because it makes them feel good. 

Feel good = Accept, Feel Bad = Reject 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is of course predicated on the notion that Rs are going to follow the rules and allow democracy to work as intended, which is wishful thinking, IMO. 

Then they can fuck around and find out. How’s that worked for them so far?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

Just an all-American gal in a throuple. 

capitol-babbitt-throuple.jpg

The trump loons are beginning to circulate rumors that she was CIA.

She fucked around and found out.  Her situational awareness was unreliable. That's how people die. 

1,x,☠️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You’re a real “glass is half full” kinda guy aren’t you?

They shot their wad on Jan 6. That is the softest security will ever be going forward. No groups will be allowed to gather en masse at the capitol; barricades will be in place; any crowd will be dispersed with tear gas and if that doesn’t work live rounds will be fired. Those pussies will turn tail just like they did when Babbitt caught hers. That’s not glass half full that’s the most likely scenario 

There is one way they might be able to do it. Have about 20 of them hijack a few jumbo jets and fly them into the Capitol in Jan 2025. Wait that’s been done already. Maybe a large wooden badger…

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

She was the tip of the spear, hit the final perimeter, and was eliminated as a threat. 

Somewhere she got lost in life. 

Kinda semi-serious...I wonder if legal weed has something to do with mindquakes like this. You get this goody two shoes girl, comes out of the military, probably smoked but never inhaled, but now weed is legal, and you can eat it in cookies, and there's all this cool stuff on youtube to research, and I always did think there was something funny about 9/11/whatever, and now...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Kinda semi-serious...I wonder if legal weed has something to do with mindquakes like this. You get this goody two shoes girl, comes out of the military, probably smoked but never inhaled, but now weed is legal, and you can eat it in cookies, and there's all this cool stuff on youtube to research, and I always did think there was something funny about 9/11/whatever, and now...

Nah Dude No GIF by Devin Dawson

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

EC3B0C13-125C-4876-8773-5FE99841D7D7.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Y'all. I grew up in a cloud of smoke and sheets upon sheets of acid. I was literally born on LSD -- mama and daddy were tripping that entire year. Dad was smoking a joint while driving me to school all through the '70s, and he's been smoking longer than Willie Nelson and he is still at it. I've got no qualms with it. I smoke from time to time and trip even more often.

I am not coming at this from a prohibitionist angle. I am coming at this from a psychological angle. It's a theory coming from someone -- me -- who's brain is steeped in THC and LSD. These drugs can have unpredictable effects on squares who dabble late in life, and the Internet is out there to take them to some really fucked up places when they do. 

9 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

There is a weird vibe in certain portions of the younger ex-mil in and around San Diego. She's ex-air force in a navy/marine area- out of her element.  Add in the performance enhancers available in the wider cross-fit community with the old white power movements in southern california, and one gets an Ashii. 

That may be weed, but my guess she was probably on a go/no-go drug cycle. Weed screws with that - so maybe . . . both? 

It's California. There are weirdos, but most of them are quite harmless. Some, not so much.

Is AF's OSI looking at her?

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

image.gif.f40c8f783650dc656b7692ab701e6dad.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Is AF's OSI looking at her?

I'd hope so....I had almost zero contact with the military until my son's now-complete stint in the Army and the AF seemed weird. Everything from the Evangelicals the academy cranks out to this one guy who did seven or so years as an openly gay airman with no static before it was above board to be gay in any armed force. I can't figure them out. I have crude understandings of the way the other three forces operate but not the USAF. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I'd hope so....I had almost zero contact with the military until my son's now-complete stint in the Army and the AF seemed weird. Everything from the Evangelicals the academy cranks out to this one guy who did seven or so years as an openly gay airman with no static before it was above board to be gay in any armed force. I can't figure them out. I have crude understandings of the way the other three forces operate but not the USAF. 

The AF - day to day -  tries to run things like a corporation. That airman must have been valuable to someone or valuable to the mission (but not in possession of restricted information). 

On the teeth side of affairs at OSI, they must be asking how she slipped through the cracks. They missed her as they let her into the security apparatus attached to the AF. The data will identify potential threats, like Ashlii, eventually.

Her radicalization should be studied by those who need to know. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

49 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Y'all. I grew up in a cloud of smoke and sheets upon sheets of acid. I was literally born on LSD -- mama and daddy were tripping that entire year. Dad was smoking a joint while driving me to school all through the '70s, and he's been smoking longer than Willie Nelson and he is still at it. I've got no qualms with it. I smoke from time to time and trip even more often.

I am not coming at this from a prohibitionist angle. I am coming at this from a psychological angle. It's a theory coming from someone -- me -- who's brain is steeped in THC and LSD. These drugs can have unpredictable effects on squares who dabble late in life, and the Internet is out there to take them to some really fucked up places when they do. 

9426c0a380beaf0560a36806e3769059.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I hit my pen tonight and used most of the time trying to figure out Harry Potter Lego video game secrets. Different strokes for different folks I guess. 

4 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

They shot their wad on Jan 6. That is the softest security will ever be going forward. No groups will be allowed to gather en masse at the capitol; barricades will be in place; any crowd will be dispersed with tear gas and if that doesn’t work live rounds will be fired. Those pussies will turn tail just like they did when Babbitt caught hers. That’s not glass half full that’s the most likely scenario 

There is one way they might be able to do it. Have about 20 of them hijack a few jumbo jets and fly them into the Capitol in Jan 2025. Wait that’s been done already. Maybe a large wooden badger…

They just need to get their guy elected president again or have some senators green light them--both happened.  Not so long ago, we'd have never imagined an idiot like Marjorie Taylor Greene could get elected.  Now, how many MTG's can possibly get elected? 

21 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

They aren’t going to do that. I know you are a terminal pessimist, but at that point, you will see the military step in and quash it. I guess there is the small but not negligible chance the military could back such a play but I wouldn’t lose any sleep at night over that possibility.  

In my opinion the most likely scenario for violence would be local agitators, and I really don’t think that happens on much of a scale. Absent privation, most people don’t get riled up enough to start shooting each other

The fact that we're even having conversations about how the military will act/react pretty much means we're screwed.   

• 2 weeks later...

It’s interesting to watch Trump play this up by asking who killed Ashley Babbitt. He was president when she was killed and he knows who shot her. Why won’t the media call him on this?

Edited by Satchel
  • Hook 'Em 1

This is surly. If I believed in something as equally stupid* as her and died in violent pursuit of that worldview, I'd be disappointed if posters on here were going around typing, "Guys, c'mon, we have to respect the dead. aggie08 was just misguided." Fuck that.

*The only thing that I could think of offhand is believing that fucking sheep gives me super powers, and subsequently dying in a marathon orgy. It's not nearly as stupid as the shit that Ashli believed, but I have to go with what I know.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

You and a few others on this thread are fucking sick individuals.

I’m not going to apologize for insulting that cunt.  I would have preferred she lived so we could publicly hang her treasonous ass, but that doesn’t seem to be in the cards for the perpetrators who tried to overthrow the government, so her getting shot is probably the next best outcome.  Fuck her.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Yes, obviously not for me. If that is their sense of humor, not for me. If they truly mean it, not for me either.

Here’s a site that may be up your speed. It’s got a really cool guy posting on it. Last time I checked anyway, which has been awhile.

http://shaggytexas.com/board/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2