Anyone use these indoor electric herb garden things

52-80

Little portable units with built in LED lights and everythings all bluetooth monitored and shit?  Do they work? 

Our climate here is way too rough and season to maintain things year round.  Want to grow basil or cuz we eat it pretty steadily.

I used an Aerogarden and grew their “salsa” kit.

It’s messy. The tomatoes were constantly growing taller than the light. I had to cut them back so much that they barely produced fruit. The jalapeños barely grew and were not hot.

It is currently sitting in the garage. It’s for sale.

14 hours ago, tigol said:

I used an Aerogarden and grew their “salsa” kit.

It’s messy. The tomatoes were constantly growing taller than the light. I had to cut them back so much that they barely produced fruit. The jalapeños barely grew and were not hot.

It is currently sitting in the garage. It’s for sale.

were they cherry tomatoes?  id imagine you need a gigantic setup to get any sort of yield with tomatoes.  

I just got into this too. Started growing some kratky hydroponic lettuce tomatoes and peppers on my window sill. Also got the aerogarden herb kit for the same reasons you mentioned above. So far so good, but I’ve only got the seeds germinated and little baby sprouts going in the aerogarden. My kratky jars are coming along nicely though. 

I have one of the Aerogarden things and it works for growing herbs.  I had best results by replanting herbs once they got taller than the lights.  Otherwise, you have to cut them back all of the time.  Probably just easier buying plants and planting them outside from the beginning.  Mine is sitting idle right now.