What the fuck is wrong with you, Houston?

52-80

58 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

That's cute.  We have had that many in the past few months and a few were fatalities.  Whole year?  Fuck, no one can count that high.

I posted that in the "news stories that remind you of surly thread".  pay attention.

To hell, which means I am staying put.  I can't find a job after COVID and my wife loves her job and company.  So I am fucking stuck.  Fuck Houston.  Fuck Oil & Gas.

Houston cost of living is starting to get out of control.  I am not Surly 1%, but at one point, household income was $200K.  Even then, I wouldn't have felt comfortable buying close to the loop or inside it.  Hell, at this point, if I sold my house, I am not sure where I could afford to buy.  Fuck this place and its flooding, mosquito infested ass.

Honestly, I wish my dad had taken the job in Brazil right before I was born.

Look, my agency caters to a very niche clientele.  If you can't afford $5 handjobs or $10 blowjobs, I suggest you go to trade school and become a plumber.

There’s crime in Houston?

Take the loss pussy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

If you are middle class (real middle class, not surly fuck you im middle class), you aren’t living anywhere near the city. If you have kids, and can’t afford private school, you aren’t living in Houston proper. Here is a quick and dirty map of areas of Houston where you want to live (green) ans don’t want to live (red). I spend months of my life in the hoods of Houston doing photography (all those photos I posted are mine). Fuck this city. Oh cool, the mayor was dancing on 7/13?  Hopefully the mayor will be dancing when we catch up with Chicago when it comes to murders or Detroit when it comes to unemployment. Don’t @ me you fucking millennial douchbages, I am left of center, but I have had it. Fuck this place. 

spacer.png

LOL. Just say black peoples somewhat nearby are scary and move on. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

There’s crime in Houston?

Take the loss pussy.

Obviously.  I live in the burbs, so most of the crime doesn't affect me.  However, if you think I am a pussy, come visit me and we can go for a roll at a gym and you can tell me what you think after you regain consciousness.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Obviously.  I live in the burbs, so most of the crime doesn't affect me.  However, if you think I am a pussy, come visit me and we can go for a roll at a gym and you can tell me what you think after you regain consciousness.

You’re on and It’s a deal! I’ll be there next Thursday! Don’t forget your leotard.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Holy shit, you have no fucking clue.  Go visit the photo thread and tell me about black people.  I assure you I am around black folks more than you ever are.  Beyond that, my kids are technically  minorities (latinas).  Fuck off you dumb fuck.

You have many black friends and we are all proud of you.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 8

3 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Hahaham sure.  Name the gym, and I will be there.  Afterwards, I will give you a route to walk through in the nickel.  I will buy you some BBQ after that.  Let's do it.

Fine. Town lake ymca in Austin. Lambert’s BBQ on 2nd street downtown. Short walk away. Friday would be better.  I’ll buy actually if you show up. I don’t know what walk through in the nickel means though but whatever. 

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Fine. Town lake ymca in Austin. Lambert’s BBQ on 2nd street downtown. Short walk away. Friday would be better.  I’ll buy actually if you show up. I don’t know what walk through in the nickel means though but whatever. 

Nice try troll.  Come over to Houston.  Have you ever actually explored Houston outside of the white, upperclass areas?  But, if you want the Y in Austin, I can be there.  As long as you agree that after you wake up from me choking you out that you will do a walking tour of Houston's 5th Ward, then cool.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

Nice try troll.  Come over to Houston.  Have you ever actually explored Houston outside of the white, upperclass areas?  But, if you want the Y in Austin, I can be there.  As long as you agree that after you wake up from me choking you out that you will do a walking tour of Houston's 5th Ward, then cool.

Well if your ultimate plan is to choke me then I probably don’t want to meet up.  Sorry bout that psycho.  Enjoy the burbs outside of h town though. You got two jet skis right?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Um. I already said that. Top of this page shoulda told ya.

Seriously just head to the gym and beat someone up. It will make you feel better.

How about you come to Houston and walk a route through the Nickel?  I will be two or three blocks behind you to keep an eye on you.  Think you can handle that?

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

If you are middle class (real middle class, not surly fuck you im middle class), you aren’t living anywhere near the city. If you have kids, and can’t afford private school, you aren’t living in Houston proper. Here is a quick and dirty map of areas of Houston where you want to live (green) ans don’t want to live (red). I spend months of my life in the hoods of Houston doing photography (all those photos I posted are mine). Fuck this city. Oh cool, the mayor was dancing on 7/13?  Hopefully the mayor will be dancing when we catch up with Chicago when it comes to murders or Detroit when it comes to unemployment. Don’t @ me you fucking millennial douchbages, I am left of center, but I have had it. Fuck this place. 

spacer.png

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? I have no idea what dictates “surly fuck you middle class”, but as a 30 year old my wife and I live on the Nw edge of oak forest. Sure, almost anywhere in Houston will be hood adjacent (where you live dictates how hood it will be of course), but we have a nice house in a nice little neighborhood that we could actually afford and enjoy living in. I’d just assume our house in Austin would go for double what we bought it for and we’d have to buy in buda like my friends thst still live “in Austin”. 

All that to say, between affordability, jobs/money, food scene, and cultural scene, this city checks all the boxes for a young person. We’ll have to figure schools in a few years but still… my dad is from FW and i grew up in east Texas going to DFW a lot and never wanted to live here, but after 6 years I’m not sure I’d leave. Working in O&G helps for sure, but I don’t get all the negativity. I love it here for the most part. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

How about you come to Houston and walk a route through the Nickel?  I will be two or three blocks behind you to keep an eye on you.  Think you can handle that?

I guess I stuttered when I already told you I don’t know what the nickel is. Maybe that’s an H town thing I’m not privy too.

Anyways you’ve proven to be a psychopath so I’m done conversing with your dumb ass. As Tex might say.  Goodbye and good luck.

Just now, JimmyJames said:

I guess I stuttered when I already told you I don’t know what the nickel is. Maybe that’s an H town thing I’m not privy too.

Anyways you’ve proven to be a psychopath so I’m done conversing with your dumb ass. As Tex might say.  Goodbye and good luck.

Awesome, you just took the L.  Such a pussy.  Do you always wilt this easily?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Take it easy on him. Dont contribute to the violence statistics. 

I moved out but not because of crime and shit. I got sick of all my favorite places getting torn down, and I wanted to go live in the sticks.

People who really love Houston overrate the fuck out of it and people who hate it outright don't know it -- it is a hell of a lot more than parking lots, gated communities, strip malls, and chain restaurants.

Those green areas in the map are safe but boring as fuck. Montrose and the Heights were cool when they were just a little bit edgy but that hasn't been the case for 25 years now, at least. 

If I had to live in Houston now I'd move to East End. It reminds me of the Houston I knew as a kid in the '70s.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Nickel = 5th Ward.   Area north of I-10 and east of US 59.  Salty environment.  
Snap your chinstrap and put in your mouthpiece.

(actually my handful of work experiences in the area were fine.  Like most neighborhoods, if you don’t look like the residents you’d best have a good reason to be there and something legitimate to do while you’re there.)

• Like 3

e6ac40b4435ae18ed33a957c445ff91a.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Take it easy on him. Dont contribute to the violence statistics. 

Nah. I meant more the “civilized” way. Like going to a gym, rolling a few times. Shake hands.

I'm normally against working, but one of you oil barons needs to give Swayze a job.

I’m sure my replying to a troll has helped me haha.

There’s some irony in the guy complaining about the exploding crime in Houston in a thread about a nonsensical brutal assault also threatening to choke someone out internet tough guy style.

I suppose there is. But what I was proposing is as violent as wrestling class in high school.

Honestly, shit like this is 1/2 the reason I tune into this place 
I got a tour similar to one PS is talking about once. There’s some real shit in h-town

I assume he lives in Austin and thinks Rundberg Lane is bad.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? I have no idea what dictates “surly fuck you middle class”, but as a 30 year old my wife and I live on the Nw edge of oak forest. Sure, almost anywhere in Houston will be hood adjacent (where you live dictates how hood it will be of course), but we have a nice house in a nice little neighborhood that we could actually afford and enjoy living in. I’d just assume our house in Austin would go for double what we bought it for and we’d have to buy in buda like my friends thst still live “in Austin”. 

All that to say, between affordability, jobs/money, food scene, and cultural scene, this city checks all the boxes for a young person. We’ll have to figure schools in a few years but still… my dad is from FW and i grew up in east Texas going to DFW a lot and never wanted to live here, but after 6 years I’m not sure I’d leave. Working in O&G helps for sure, but I don’t get all the negativity. I love it here for the most part. 

Do y’all have kids? Are they in public school?

Houston does have amazing food. Best food city in Texas. Culturally, pretty rich city in that regard, but I don’t think it’s necessary unique. Most large cities have museums, theatre and art (and pro sports).

My negativity stems admittedly some frustration with having been laid off and looking for work for over a year. Jobs are being outsourced to India. When there is a job posting for my position, there are more than 25 applicants. Sometimes more than 50. It’s frustrating.

And the city has become much more violent in the past year. Nothing appealing about that.

9 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Awesome, you just took the L.  Such a pussy.  Do you always wilt this easily?

All right I’m back. Rested and sobered up and ready to go. 

You may have won the Internet last night. I’m not the judge of that. But you will not win the Internet today. Not if I have any say in the matter. 

Some kind soul above was good enough to explain the meaning of the nickle so I’m now clear on that one.

I admit I’ve never been to the Fifth ward. Never had a reason to go there. I did listen to the ghetto boys quite a bit as a teenager. Does that count? 

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Austin & Houston are both shit holes.

There.

Can we all just go back to hating Mack Brown now?

If Mack had just stepped down after the championship game like planned everyone would love him. Instead he had to renege and go on his stupid “fixing it”tour and we’re still suffering the consequences. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Inside the Loop is a big place. There are spots going towards Hobby and out east that are affordable, but nobody wants to live over there. And I don’t blame them.

I’m not going to jump up on a soap box here, but everybody in Houston wants to live west or north. This is going to cause plenty of affordability problems.

It’s not as good as Austin. Fully acknowledged. But it’s still much, much cheaper by any metric. If Houston was just as expensive as Austin, yes that’s a problem, but it’s not there. And probably will never be. 

Despite it's crazy rise in COL, I think Houston is still one of the least expensive major cities in the US.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Honestly, shit like this is 1/2 the reason I tune into this place 

I got a tour similar to one PS is talking about once. There’s some real shit in h-town

*csb

i had to get gas off I-10 by the 5th one time probably around ’05-‘06ish. I knew where I was but was like “I’m just getting gas and I’m right next to the hwy, I think it will be fine.” As I’m filling up there a young, big tough looking dude with his game face on was openly making deals in the parking lot with people walking into the store. It was apparent that the store was in on it and he was running shit. He made a deal with a white truck driver looking guy and acted like Debo by grabbing his money then snatching some cigarettes with some cash out of the guys front t-shirt pocket and being like “the fuck you going to do?” He then goes to get the stuff inside the store. I just mind my business. After I was filled up I get into my car and just as I’m about to start the car 2 truck driver looking white dudes grab the big guy as he’s coming out of the store and slam him on the hood of my car while handcuffing him. They were undercover police and other cops with vests popped out and surrounded them. They shoved big dudes face into my hood a few times and then started emptying his pockets tossing big baggies of meth, cell phones, knife, handgun and maybe $2k in wads of small bills, bags of blue pills, it was like something out of a move. I just sat there for about 20 min and when they rough hauled him off the hood he kicked the front of my car and cracked my blinker light. Cop looked at me and said “You!! get the fuck out of here!”

as we were leaving my gf now wife asked “you think I could used their restroom? I know he said to leave but I think I have to go now…”

That’s awesome.  

Your story reminds me of my golfing days when my usual gangsome was headed up to Kingwood for a round and pulled off of 59 into the 5th Ward to get some beer, cigs and Copenhagen.   We were stopped at a light and one of my buddies says to me “hey, isn’t that your girlfriend next to us?”

I look over and it damn sure was.  This is the same rocket scientist that thought I had converted to Satanism because I wore the 6666 Ranch tee shirt given to me by my cousin that worked there (I’ll mention again and to her credit she was fun in bed.  The girlfriend.  Not the cousin.  I never slept with him.  Weirdos).

Moving along, girlfriend was in her convertible BMW with the top down and in the Nickel all by herself, bawling her eyes out.  I roll the window down, say her name and ask her what in the wide world of sports is she doing here.  She replied that “she thinks” she took a wrong turn.  No kidding, babe!  Really?

We did a reverse skate with her on our tailgate and got her going in the right direction.

/csb 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, deadshank said:

That’s awesome.  

Your story reminds me of my golfing days when my usual gangsome was headed up to Kingwood for a round and pulled off of 59 into the 5th Ward to get some beer, cigs and Copenhagen.   We were stopped at a light and one of my buddies says to me “hey, isn’t that your girlfriend next to us?”

I look over and it damn sure was.  This is the same rocket scientist that thought I had converted to Satanism because I wore the 6666 Ranch tee shirt given to me by my cousin that worked there (I’ll mention again and to her credit she was fun in bed.  The girlfriend.  Not the cousin.  I never slept with him.  Weirdos).

Moving along, girlfriend was in her convertible BMW with the top down and in the Nickel all by herself, bawling her eyes out.  I roll the window down, say her name and ask her what in the wide world of sports is she doing here.  She replied that “she thinks” she took a wrong turn.  No kidding, babe!  Really?

We did a reverse skate with her on our tailgate and got her going in the right direction.

/csb 

BBC must’ve been bigger than expected.   

• Like 4

That’s awesome.  

/csb 

I can't believe you fell that bullshit.

I'll never hate H-Town, it's my city. But it definitely has changed.

It seems like West Houston/Harris county definitely dealing with increased crazy.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Then you should step the fuck out of the Houston thread

• Like 5
  • Haha 1