Reservation Dogs

Scary Stranger

• 4 weeks later...

“I didn’t have money for a cell phone, and I had to borrow my dad’s phone,” Harjo recalls. “I was working with these two roofers, and I remember telling them that I had to go down and take this call. And I got a call from Michelle Satter and Lynn Auerbach and they were telling me that I got into the Sundance Labs. It blew me away. I crawled back on the roof and told these guys who didn’t know what the hell I was talking about. It was just a crazy, life-changing thing for sure. I wanted to be like Jim Jarmusch, making a living with independent films for the rest of my life. I never even thought of TV because that wasn’t really an option then.”

https://deadline.com/2022/06/reservation-dogs-sterlin-harjo-taika-waititi-interview-devery-jacobs-dpharaoh-woon-a-tai-1235038398/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One more day

"The setup of the show is simple: Four kids living on an Oklahoma reservation commit petty crimes to bankroll an escape to California. They’re motivated by the death of their friend Daniel, which happened the year before the series opens. Bear, Elora, Cheese, and Willie Jack have been friends all their life—more than friends, actually. They are unofficial siblings and cousins, and Daniel was family to them, too. His absence drives the first season. Reservation Dogs is an ensemble comedy, full of mischief and warmth, but it’s also a powerful portrait of unresolved grief."

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/09/reservation-dogs-fx-sterlin-harjo-native-american/670603/

Oh man starting the new season after spending a week with family that lives by Stillwell in Cherokee nation is even better. My stepdads family out there still loves Sonic's. Also hollowed out a cool family tomahawk to smoke weed out of

Edited by Zepol87
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

So glad it’s back. Everyone still has their demons and the humor mixed with angst was perfect in the season premiere.

Maybe I missed it but in S1 was the owl mosaic’ed out?

Yes, the kids averted their eyes on the first visit to Brownie too. There's another appearance of an owl in Ep 2

6 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Sorry I know it’s a bad omen, I meant did it actually have the mosaic over it’s eyes?

Being mixed mestizo blood my grandpa hated owls but thought a raven/crow circling over head was good luck and if he saw a coyote and it yipped he would change his course…

No, it was CGI'd. Brownie being an antisocial shitass. Sterlin talks about not explaining anything. I think it's in that Atlantic article. "We aren't explaining shit"

It's up to the viewer to go find what they can about little people, tall man, deer lady, why owls are taboo and other stuff they take for granted. 

The first two episodes were really good.  I had to look up that that was Megan Mullally.  I didn't recognize her at all.  I liked how they released the bandanna for the river to carry it away and it just sat there against the bank.

1 hour ago, WBT said:

The first two episodes were really good.  I had to look up that that was Megan Mullally.  I didn't recognize her at all.  I liked how they released the bandanna for the river to carry it away and it just sat there against the bank.

The voice gave it away. But she certainly looked different than most everything else she’s been in. 

On 8/6/2022 at 12:12 AM, cactusflinthead said:

Anybody else go find the soundtrack for the episodes?

I didn't know about Jim Ford. I didn't know about Lee Hazlewood. I damn sure never heard Cleveland Summer Nights.

I did not expect a TV show to expand my song list or musical awareness so dramatically.

I couln't believe they were playing Spacemen 3 and then they kept playing it.  For me, that's pretty special.  Just wow!  

https://news.yahoo.com/true-grit-music-reservation-dogs-213030353.html

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Anybody else go find the soundtrack for the episodes?
I didn't know about Jim Ford. I didn't know about Lee Hazlewood. I damn sure never heard Cleveland Summer Nights.
I did not expect a TV show to expand my song list or musical awareness so dramatically.

Swimming Song by Loudon Wainwright at the end of episode 2 was a perfect deployment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Swimming Song by Loudon Wainwright at the end of episode 2 was a perfect deployment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all over the place. Sturgill at the close of 'Hunting' and the Jimmie Rodgers song about his dad and home as background to them goofing off in the woods. They really put a lot of thought into it. 

So glad that this series is back and going strong.  The last episode hints at so many plot possibilities.  IMDB indicates the next episode is about the Aunties.  I hope this will get into the death of Elora's Mother. 

Also hope that we get more story development of Daniel's Dad the roofer.

• Hook 'Em 2