Shit posters - banning?

On 2/14/2023 at 11:34 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

It seems like our far right surly brethren have serious issues with closure and moving on. How many times do you losers have to get banned and make up new screen names before you figure out this is not the place for you? Goddamn y’all are some bitch made bitches.

5 hours ago, elfenix said:

rep cycle requires a neg.

Got it for you. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2023 at 12:25 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

I think it would be hilarious if immamac ran IP checks on new posters that were previously banned and if the IP checked out, their avatar should be an image of a sock.  Maybe with the name of their banned handle. 

Yea, that’d be great!  Then we could all go streaking through the quad!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@blacklab

What are we supposed to do about him? You gave him a timeout. How long? There is a 100% chance he will be back. Under this name or another. 

I guess we just keep whacking him. Knocked off 60? 70? in about a day. He lays low for a while and then right back at it. 

I'm not really pissed off, just tired of the bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

[mention=3]blacklab[/mention]
What are we supposed to do about him? You gave him a timeout. How long? There is a 100% chance he will be back. Under this name or another. 
I guess we just keep whacking him. Knocked off 60? 70? in about a day. He lays low for a while and then right back at it. 
I'm not really pissed off, just tired of the bullshit. 

And it’s not just him. There are a handful of posters that have been banned (whether by mods or crowdsourced) that return over and over again to just shit all over this site. But for some reason that’s just fine.

15 minutes ago, blacklab said:

you know you can put people on ignore right?

he's probably gone for good

other than mullet who are these posters who have been banned and keep coming back? 

I don't usually ignore people here, at least as a function of the webs. I have no problem scrolling past people that I don't really want to hear from. It's the thread shitting. One of the best threads on this forum of addled assholes is the Ukraine one. We've done a pretty decent job of keeping it between the DT lines. With the exception of a few outbreaks of hostility it's been news and some general opinions. I've stayed in the right side of the timeouts and warning points for a while. It's not that hard to distinguish what belongs in CR and the same subject matter in DT.

Well, yesterday he was going to have his say. He's got a horribad case of gottaberightis. He wasn't getting enough fulfillment in CR arguing with ahb about the same shit he brought to DT.

So, he brought the same old tired ass give up Ukraine and appeasement.

He was rightly negged repeatedly. I went back to CR to hit his sorry ass there too, which at the time he had escaped any fallout except ahb handing his ass to him. Again. 

I mean there's a couple of ongoing long term threads that one of his previous incarnations started. He's legacy all right, just not the same handle. 

Rodent Tobacco Smoking has had similar episodes. He'll dig in and keep on digging. I don't recall which name got the special dispensation of rep reversal, because eventually that sock wore out too.

I dunno. It's your place. 

• Hook 'Em 1

And it’s not just him. There are a handful of posters that have been banned (whether by mods or crowdsourced) that return over and over again to just shit all over this site. But for some reason that’s just fine.

I suppose. But that is hardly an ideal solution. If that’s the suggestion, why ban any of them. Just tell all the other posters to ignore mullet, etc?

Hamsterhookah
Immortal (whatever he is called now)
Mullet

I am sure there is another I am forgetting.

Who were Hampster and Immortal before?
Looked back and Hampster hasn't been warned in a year for anything.

Immortal was banned awhile back. I think he came back as 4doorsmorewhores or whatever. Maybe one other name.

Hamster does the same shit over and over. He creates a username (animal + tobacco/smoking), pretends to be civil and not a troll until he isn’t. Then gets banned, creates new name.

Hamsterhookah
Donkeycigars
Meerkatbong
Crispy
And like 3 others I can’t recall. I’m sure someone else will.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, I'm guilty of a thread derail or shitting all over a particular post but the thought of tracking entire posting histories of people has never crossed my mind.  There are countless posts dedicated just to bitching about my posting history, not specific posts.  Just posting in general.  Just a weird approach to an otherwise communal message board.  Only time I worried about my posts IRL was some public officials getting bent outta shape, and then a handful of times when the same guy (who has like 9 handles on here according to some) repeatedly posted by real name, and even my wife's at one point.  Other than that, let people come back all they want, who gives a shit.  Crowd negging will take care of on its own.  Most of the cunts don't show up to the real life events anyway, so it's all good in the 'hood.  

11 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Immortal was banned awhile back. I think he came back as 4doorsmorewhores or whatever. Maybe one other name.

Hamster does the same shit over and over. He creates a username (animal + tobacco/smoking), pretends to be civil and not a troll until he isn’t. Then gets banned, creates new name.

Hamsterhookah
Donkeycigars
Meerkatbong
Crispy
And like 3 others I can’t recall. I’m sure someone else will.

mmmm. I disagree with you.

• Fuck You 4

On 5/30/2023 at 2:50 PM, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I'm guilty of a thread derail or shitting all over a particular post but the thought of tracking entire posting histories of people has never crossed my mind.  There are countless posts dedicated just to bitching about my posting history, not specific posts.  Just posting in general.  Just a weird approach to an otherwise communal message board.  Only time I worried about my posts IRL was some public officials getting bent outta shape, and then a handful of times when the same guy (who has like 9 handles on here according to some) repeatedly posted by real name, and even my wife's at one point.  Other than that, let people come back all they want, who gives a shit.  Crowd negging will take care of on its own.  Most of the cunts don't show up to the real life events anyway, so it's all good in the 'hood.  

Mullet doxed you, or was that someone else? Either way, that seems like it deserves more than just your run of the mill ban. Although, even IP bans won't work with someone that seems that determined to return

Edited by JesusSweatDuck

Moving this reply to an appropriate thread....

10 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

Wrong. Think about this as a thought exercise:

This whole argument was caused because I said, “wow, must be nice to be a billionaire” and posted a headline from NYT showing that Tesla has gained Elon Musk $48bn YTD. The implication being that he has unfair resources. He can (and is) tank a $44bn and still come out alright.

From there a handful of people got upset because they think I love Elon, but there in particular @blacklab (no name, captain ant and chopper) are trying to censor/ban hammer me with an old fashioned neg bombing of posts irrespective of content. 

Buddy, I am not trying to censor or ban you. Tell me how many negs I've put on your posts relative to the number of posts you've made in the Elon thread. I'm not stalking you or trying to run out of the board. 

However, I am going to continue calling you out for your lazy and bad posting style of making huge claims and saying "it's from a source!!" and then mayyyybe linking the text, but never a link to the article. That's basic discourse 101 my dude. Wanting you to be a less shitty poster isn't campaigning for a ban. 

Now on the other hand, I HAVE reported GRUhorn repeatedly because he thread shits constantly. And posts articles with sketchy sourcing. GRU does that with intent because he's a fucko. I'm pretty sure you do it because you're lazy and don't like thinking that hard when you aren't getting paid for it. 

What I'm saying is: be better. You're a fucking Texas grad, not aggy. 

19 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Mullet doxed you, or was that someone else? Either way, that seems like it deserves more than just your run of the mill ban. Although, even IP bans won't work with someone that seems that determined to return

No, I don't know who Mullet is.  But he's never doxxed me to my knowledge.  Again, it's all good.  But it was Rex Kramer and various incarnations that on three separate occasions posted my real name over the last few years.  And one time, even featured my wife's name.  didn't want to do it but had to report the posts each time and even reach out to the site owners.  Guy can't shut the fuck about what a cool badass he is, but he posts real names.  Found that odd.  He's still on here IIRC, which is fine-this place can be cathartic for folks working on real life shit.  Just leave names out of it is all we ask, it's like the one rule and some pussies just can't fucking help themselves.  Anyway, don't know who Mullet is but I find the banter kinda funny in a way.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Moving this reply to an appropriate thread....

Buddy, I am not trying to censor or ban you. Tell me how many negs I've put on your posts relative to the number of posts you've made in the Elon thread. I'm not stalking you or trying to run out of the board. 

However, I am going to continue calling you out for your lazy and bad posting style of making huge claims and saying "it's from a source!!" and then mayyyybe linking the text, but never a link to the article. That's basic discourse 101 my dude. Wanting you to be a less shitty poster isn't campaigning for a ban. 

Now on the other hand, I HAVE reported GRUhorn repeatedly because he thread shits constantly. And posts articles with sketchy sourcing. GRU does that with intent because he's a fucko. I'm pretty sure you do it because you're lazy and don't like thinking that hard when you aren't getting paid for it. 

What I'm saying is: be better. You're a fucking Texas grad, not aggy. 

My bad-- you are right, it was Captain Ron, not Captain Ant!

• Fuck You 14

I have no problem with people negging individuals for a shitty/trollish post.

But you shouldn't be finding old posts that are completely innocuous and negging them.

If I see a that I'm going to start erasing all your rep history.

If you don't like a poster put him on ignore and move on with your life. If you think he's trolling don't respond to them and report the posts. Not sure how some dumbass can make you guys so mad that you take time out of your life to go find old posts and neg them. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

I don't think I've seen you do this, so no not talking to you.

Mullet is on his last leg, one more russian talking point and he's out.

Most of animal smoking posts are completely innocuous. Yes he has some completely shit opinions but the fact he isn't liberal enough is not a bannable offense. 

Other than these two I can't think of another recurring shit poster such as Ray Pugh that I don't ban on sight

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

I don't think I've seen you do this, so no not talking to you.

Most of animal smoking posts are completely innocuous. Yes he has some completely shit opinions but the fact he isn't liberal enough is not a bannable offense. 

Other than these two I can't think of another recurring shit poster such as Ray Pugh that I don't ban on sight

Multifandom Fanfictions — I don't want to hear anyone complain about  Wanda...

I'm sure you have the access to see, but essentially @Captain Ron, @Chopper and one or two others who escape me are so a) emotionally fragile and b) technologically deficient to where they don't know how to use the ignore button, that they just went deep into completely innocuous posts and negged while crying into their gallons of bluebell.

• Fuck You 3

13 minutes ago, ViperVape said:

Multifandom Fanfictions — I don't want to hear anyone complain about  Wanda...

I'm sure you have the access to see, but essentially @Captain Ron, @Chopper and one or two others who escape me are so a) emotionally fragile and b) technologically deficient to where they don't know how to use the ignore button, that they just went deep into completely innocuous posts and negged while crying into their gallons of bluebell.

You should cry more. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, blacklab said:

But you shouldn't be finding old posts that are completely innocuous and negging them.

If I see a that I'm going to start erasing all your rep history.

Going to be a lot of butthurt DT posters if this policy gets enacted.  Our boy Rex is a prime violator.

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

Yeah, I laughed.

22 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Going to be a lot of butthurt DT posters if this policy gets enacted.  Our boy Rex is a prime violator.

Weird, last time I complained about a DT poster doing this, I got a couple days ban, and he got to keep posting. (in fairness, I was drunk, and being disruptive to the thread)

How should we report this behavior? @Fudge Nuggets is correct, there are going to be some snowflakes big mad at this policy.

On 5/30/2023 at 9:07 AM, blacklab said:

you know you can put people on ignore right?

he's probably gone for good

other than mullet who are these posters who have been banned and keep coming back? 

I put him on ignore and just posted a laughing meme and said lmao because of all the “user ignored” messages followed by people quoting him not engaging Derka at all and you suspended me. Pretty bullshit but whatever. 

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

report the posts that it's done on and put a note in the comments

I reported yesterday as it was happening, in real time. Maybe since you are the Sarge and have reiterated the digging-deep-into-the-history-negging-because-trying-to-single (or triple-handedly) ban it will stop for a while, before the usual suspects are emboldened and get mad at something non-inflammatory that I say. Goodness knows I'll remember to post my NYT link next time, though.

I generally get the sense that @hayden_horn is more like the cop who turns a blind eye despite knowing the law when it comes to this stuff, but maybe I'm wrong and he was busy with his day job.

• Fuck You 4