What the fuck is wrong with you, Austin?

crash_davis

Damn, dude is fucking nuts. Said inappropriate shit to his female co-workers. Victim didn't talk much to the asshole at work. Regardless, he installs a tracker on her car, kills her dad and attempts to kill her. That's a ton of emotion and drama towards someone he hardly knew.

This dude needs to go straight to the electric chair. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/police-man-killed-in-northwest-austin-trying-to-defend-stepdaughter-from-her-former-co-worker/ar-AAMkJPa

Police: Man killed in Northwest Austin trying to defend stepdaughter from her former co-worker
Claire Osborn, Austin American-Statesman  22 hrs ago

Aaron David Garza, 18, was charged with murder in the shooting death of 35-year-old Joshua Cooper on July 12, according to an arrest affidavit released Monday. The charge is a first-degree felony punishable by up to 99 years in prison.

The incident happened in the 10200 block of Missel Thrush Drive in a part of Austin that is in Williamson County. Austin police received calls at 10:35 p.m. July 12 about gunshots and people screaming, the affidavit said.

When officers arrived, they found Cooper lying in the street with multiple gunshot wounds to his torso. He died at the scene. Nearby, police found Cooper's wife and stepdaughter, whom Garza had beaten repeatedly with a handgun, the affidavit said. Cooper's wife and stepdaughter were taken to a hospital. 

a close up of a bottle: Austin Police Department© American-Statesman file Austin Police Department
Cooper's stepdaughter told police at the hospital that she knew Garza because he was a cashier at an H-E-B grocery story at Lakeline Boulevard and U.S. 183, where she also worked as a cashier, the affidavit said. She knew Garza only by his first name and spoke to him infrequently, police said.

Garza "would say things to her she found odd," the affidavit said. It said she told police that Garza had stopped working at the store in May and that she had not seen him since.  

Police later talked to an H-E-B supervisor who said Garcia had shown some "inappropriate behavior toward other employees," according to the document. It did not say what that behavior was.

Aaron David Garza has been charged with murder in the death of Joshua Cooper in Northwest Austin. Cooper was the stepfather of Garza's former co-worker.© Williamson County Sheriff Aaron David Garza has been charged with murder in the death of Joshua Cooper in Northwest Austin. Cooper was the stepfather of Garza's former co-worker.
Cooper's stepdaughter said that after she left her job at H-E-B. around 10 p.m. July 12, she noticed a car following her home, the affidavit said.

When she pulled into the driveway of the home where she lived with her parents, the driver of the car, later identified as Garza, blocked her in the driveway by parking perpendicularly to her, police said.

Garza got out of his car and began walking toward her while she was still sitting in her car, according to police. The affidavit said the stepdaughter then called her parents and told them that someone she did not recognize had followed her home.

Garza began walking around her car and looking at the tires, "saying something to the effect that he was looking for his tracker," the affidavit said.

When Cooper and his wife came outside, Cooper asked Garza what he was doing, police said. Garza kept saying he was looking for his tracker so Cooper told his wife to call 911, the affidavit said.

It said that before Cooper's wife could call 911, she heard gunshots. She saw Garza firing multiple times at Cooper while Cooper was standing next to his stepdaughter's car, according to police. 

Cooper began to run down the street as Garza followed him firing more shots until Cooper fell on the street, the affidavit said. 

Garza then approached the closed driver's side window of the stepdaughter's car, pointed his gun at her and began pulling the trigger multiple times, but the pistol wouldn't fire, police said.

The stepdaughter said it was the first time she had seen Garza's face and realized he was her former co-worker, the affidavit said.

She opened her door, pushed Garza away and began running but Garza caught up to her and began hitting her with his pistol, according to the affidavit.

Cooper's wife, who is the girl's mother, tried to intervene by getting between Garza and her daughter, police said.

Garza hit Cooper's wife so hard in the head with the gun that it broke, the affidavit said.  

Neighbors began coming out into the street, and one sprayed pepper spray at Garza, police said. Garza ran back to his car and left, the affidavit said.

Video from an outdoor security camera at the Coopers' home showed Cooper standing at the edge of the driveway talking to Garza, who then pulled out a gun and fired multiple times at Cooper, according to the affidavit. It also showed Cooper running away, police said.

A detective later found a tracking device under the stepdaughter's car, police said. 

A relative declined to comment about Cooper on Monday.

He owned a welding business, according to public records. A GoFundMe page has been started to help his family at bit.ly/3xX8FZ2.

Garza was being held Monday in the Williamson County Jail with bail set at $750,000 for the murder charge and $1 million for two counts of aggravated assault.

17 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

JFC, how many maniacs like this are running around in the wild?  

That step dad absolutely saved his daughter's life.  

Him and the gun jamming.

As a father of college aged women, shit like this weighs heavy on me. By all accounts, the daughter did nothing to warrant the attention. 

Some crazy ass motherfuckers out there.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Hate to see this.  Man.  The step-dad's only chance was to walk out with a concealed weapon or shotgun.  But that's only if he sensed a potential threat after the daughter called to say a stranger followed her home.  RIP step-dad. You saved that girl's life.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Is that one still there around 35 & 53rd?

There was also that prepper store on airport. I’d bet they carry them.

Yeah, that was a shitty place on airport. Great if you wanted knock of crap. Now the one on Guadalupe had some true vintage stuff. 

Hate to see this.  Man.  The step-dad's only chance was to walk out with a concealed weapon or shotgun.  But that's only if he sensed a potential threat after the daughter called to say a stranger followed her home.  RIP step-dad. You saved that girl's life.

I think the potential threat was implied when she called about being followed home.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

What a sick POS. 

maybe his approach was too heavy handed. what if he said, "hey, i really like the cut of your jib. i've been stalking you, even placed a tracker on your car. i thought you'd find it romantic, and so...."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

H E B needs to do a better job in background checks.

Seriously, this is just a story of a crazy sumbitch. That could be any of us. My wife had a dude from work, who didn't want to respect her marriage or take no for an answer. I personally stayed out of it, besides keeping an eye on the house and her surroundings.

HR supposedly dealt with it. It's been a year so I guess it worked.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

Seriously, this is just a story of a crazy sumbitch. That could be any of us. My wife had a dude from work, who didn't want to respect her marriage or take no for an answer. I personally stayed out of it, besides keeping an eye on the house and her surroundings.

Sure hope you kept your avatar ready.

• Like 1

Sure hope you kept your avatar ready.
You better believe it. I had the 12 and 20 gauge buckshot ready to go. Kneecapped and elbowed is no way to live. But that would have been his fate.

I just wanted to exhaust all legal options before we went there. In case I needed to plead my case before a jury.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

maybe his approach was too heavy handed. what if he said, "hey, i really like the cut of your jib. i've been stalking you, even placed a tracker on your car. i thought you'd find it romantic, and so...."

Go on…😁

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

He’s 18. Not sure there would be much to find. Juvi or high school records would not be available. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

He was super young and probably had no criminal history anyway. A crime this convoluted & weird I’m not sure what they could’ve done. Not exactly something that happens a bunch, at least not taken to this extreme. 

Hits close to home and what not, as the shooting was in my neighborhood. Hell, that’s my HEB (not open).

The wife/victim was posting on next door not long after it happened. Said she couldn’t go into much detail but did divulge a little more after he was arrested. After reading this article… holy shit, this is such a shitty situation that was basically unavoidable. People be crazy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

The kid was 18. How much of a background could he possibly have? 

Props to the OP, I saw this story when it broke and immediately thought of that Houston thread. 

Such an unbelievably fucked up crime. This was very close to a triple homicide for no other reason than crazy dude's gun jammed/out of bullets(?).

Also, this is yet another instructive lesson for us men on the inherent risks women face from men on a regular basis. Women don't typically obsess over their male co-workers and stick a tracker on their car and then try to kill them.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Why on earth would you go on Nextdoor after something like this happened to your family. This need to share every fucking thing with every fucking body makes no sense to me. 

Neighbors were wondering why all the cops were in the neighborhood and she basically said that a man followed her daughter home, blocked her car in and was attempting to attack her when her husband intervened. Her husband was then shot and killed.

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Props to the OP, I saw this story when it broke and immediately thought of that Houston thread. 

Such an unbelievably fucked up crime. This was very close to a triple homicide for no other reason than crazy dude's gun jammed/out of bullets(?).

Also, this is yet another instructive lesson for us men on the inherent risks women face from men on a regular basis. Women don't typically obsess over their male co-workers and stick a tracker on their car and then try to kill them.  

Not typically but..

https://www.biography.com/news/lisa-nowak-lucy-in-the-sky

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

What do you consider a regular basis? I don't think men do this typically either.

3 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

What do you consider a regular basis? I don't think men do this typically either.

Women have to deal with stalkers much more than most people imagine. Most all stalking cases are not publicized unless after something goes south. 

It's a pain in the ass for women to have the police and courts do anything about stalkers. And even with court actions on stalking, the women still get harassed.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Neighbors were wondering why all the cops were in the neighborhood and she basically said that a man followed her daughter home, blocked her car in and was attempting to attack her when her husband intervened. Her husband was then shot and killed.

I would have more important things to do than answer nosy neighbor questions in a time like that.

He’s 18. Not sure there would be much to find. Juvi or high school records would not be available. 
He was super young and probably had no criminal history anyway. A crime this convoluted & weird I’m not sure what they could’ve done. Not exactly something that happens a bunch, at least not taken to this extreme. 
It was a joke.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I would have more important things to do than answer nosy neighbor questions in a time like that.

She was largely there to express gratitude to those neighbors who came running when it happened and offered aid, as in the moment she was obviously a bit distracted.  She wasn't posting "look at me" content.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

She was largely there to express gratitude to those neighbors who came running when it happened and offered aid, as in the moment she was obviously a bit distracted.  She wasn't posting "look at me" content.

One of the neighbors attacked the POS with pepper spray.

“Before Garza got away, one neighbor used pepper spray to fight back.

"If I knew there was a gun involved, I don't think I would let that person get that close to me to mace them from here to there," said a neighbor who didn't want to be identified.

One neighbor who didn’t want to be identified said she administered aid to the victim while another neighbor said she called 911 before she defended herself against the armed suspect.“

The POS had pistol whipped the mom and daughter so severely he cracked his pistol. Otherwise, it would have been a lot worse. It’s already a terrible tragedy. 

i remember a while back there was some guy posing as a cop trying to pull women over at night. He had lights and some type of siren. Scary shit. 

• Like 1