What the fuck is wrong with you, Austin?

crash_davis

15 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Thanks for posting that Tribune article. Sounds like Garza is over his head and APD is throwing a hissy fit as well.

They need to get their butts on the same page for the people of Austin. 

Garza was in over his head before he took the job. 

Tapeworms have no business being DAs. Piece of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Why do you ask?

fwiw… my smoke alarm has never gone off, but I do carry fire insurance.

if your smoke alarm were to accidently go off, it wouldn't kill anybody.

if it were to be stolen, it wouldn't be used in an armed robbery.

your (great great ) grandkids aren't going to sneak your smoke detector out when nobody is home and shoot themselves with it. 

your smoke detector is more likely to save your life than a gun.

bad analogy gramps.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Deej said:

Suspect in Auditorium Shore murder. Coltan Moore. He doesn't look deranged at all.

"Police arrested Coltan Moore, 30, on a first-degree murder charge. They said Moore “brutally assaulted” the victim using large rocks, causing fatal injuries."

Coltan-Moore.jpg?w=960&h=540&crop=1

Zilker Park victim: Camnik Campbell

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/apd-investigating-homicide-near-zilker-park/

Campbell_Camnik.jpg?width=146

39 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

your (great great ) grandkids aren't going to sneak your smoke detector out when nobody is home and shoot themselves with it. 

bad analogy gramps.

That is just your opinion which you are entitled to.

And your opinion does not overrule the personal safety of myself and my family 

• Hook 'Em 5

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, yoladu said:

this chart was in one of those linked articles.. so 1982-1984 were apparently homicides galore in Austin. That doesnt jive with the whole "i want my old Austin back " crowd.

Austin's homicide rate per 100,000 residents compared over the years

Those homicides probably weren't happening in the tourist and whiter parts of town. Now there almost weekly shootings around dirty sixth and gentrified East side. Yea, killings are still happening in minority areas but hipsters and middle class folks don't care about that.

I will say this, there seems to be a ton more property and crimes in general. Maybe it's anecdotal. Maybe it's because criminals know APD, all PDs in major cities across America really, aren't going to do shit about property crimes, threats, assaults without a deadly weapon, etc.

Reading NextDoor and Reddit Austin about all the bullshit crimes happening and APD not giving a flying shit about any of it when reported is beyond frustrating. 

Edited by crash_davis

Our homeless issue makes me ragey. How much money has been thrown at the issue with no real results? And it seems to be absolutely nationwide.

But you can't go anywhere without tons of trash seemingly everywhere. It's blight around the city with no solution, no consequences, and no real ideas. 

On 9/13/2022 at 3:32 PM, crash_davis said:

I know that parking lot. That area has some of the worst fucking drivers I have ever seen. Not surprising at all. 

15 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Our homeless issue makes me ragey. How much money has been thrown at the issue with no real results? And it seems to be absolutely nationwide.

But you can't go anywhere without tons of trash seemingly everywhere. It's blight around the city with no solution, no consequences, and no real ideas. 

It's way better than it was a year or so ago.

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's way better than it was a year or so ago.

I feel like it was terrible with the camping free-for-all, voters said no way, and it got better. Now it's trending again in the wrong direction. 

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Homeless dude, probably, sets fire to Crow Bar and other places in S. Congress. I do not know that he's homeless. But he looks homeless as fuck. In any case, fuck homeless leaching shitstains.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/arson-man-intentionally-set-fires-south-austin-texas

John-Adam-Henry.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Set 15 or so fires.

Crow Bar took it in the ass.

image.thumb.png.96cfb0324ee87935ba625834fd653f34.png

image.thumb.png.29086b8a2b90c00651d379b1f07e3239.png

image.thumb.png.64c274404361059f9f2675dad72ec6d1.png

• Rage+1 1

On 9/13/2022 at 4:28 PM, crash_davis said:

Those homicides probably weren't happening in the tourist and whiter parts of town. Now there almost weekly shootings around dirty sixth and gentrified East side. Yea, killings are still happening in minority areas but hipsters and middle class folks don't care about that.

I will say this, there seems to be a ton more property and crimes in general. Maybe it's anecdotal. Maybe it's because criminals know APD, all PDs in major cities across America really, aren't going to do shit about property crimes, threats, assaults without a deadly weapon, etc.

Reading NextDoor and Reddit Austin about all the bullshit crimes happening and APD not giving a flying shit about any of it when reported is beyond frustrating. 

This page updates regularly... https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/map-where-have-austins-homicides-occurred-in-2022/

image.png.871143086e8af302e0520231efe1ff60.png

The Dirty Sixth...  I'd say the area to really avoid is SE Austin and anything near 183

image.png.4d82f93d03efd0010afd40e78d3b6853.png

image.png.36d762f5b7919bf894ac84d0032f0c42.png

• Hook 'Em 2

Thanks for the resource. 

Also, quit killing each other y'all. It ain't worth it. You ruin someone's life... their family's life... your life... and then your family's life. So incredibly destructive.

On 8/26/2022 at 9:23 AM, High Plains Drifter said:

bad analogy gramps.

Yep, because I can beat someone's ass to death with a smoke alarm.

Saw the September homicides bumped from 2-3... I was hoping September would temper down a bit since crime goes up in the summer (studies show crime goes up in the summer and it is surprisingly tied to heat as a stressor) .  Anyway, we'll see how the year ends up.  Per capita numbers should stay below 2021.  Have been really curious to find the latest numbers for Houston but it is surprisingly hard to find recent data other than % or total numbers but not per capita numbers.  

I did find this... https://www.populationu.com/gen/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-us

#10 Houston

#15 Beaumont

#22 Lubbock

#25 Corpus Christi

#28 Dallas

#47 Pasa-getdown-Dena

#49 San Antonio

#50 Killeen 

#53 Waco

#55 Arlington

#59 Wichita Falls

#60 Odessa