What the fuck is wrong with you, Austin?

crash_davis

36 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

This sure seems like a disaster.

Luckily we have a Harvard educated Disaster Scientist currently on staff.

Gonna be fine, Austin.

When you type it like that, I laughed out loud.  I pictured her talking like Kramer when he fakes being a dermatologist and George tells him he can't screw with peoples health and has to refer him to another doctor.  

MacKenzie: "Now Chief Chacon, why would I, a Harvard trained Disaster Scientist, send our city down this dark path?"  

10 hours ago, 3adays said:

Fuck those racer idiots, that’s a situation where I’d be good with cops beating the shit out of them.

As an aside, hat tip to whoever finally found the stones to clean up the homeless city by Central Makret south. Now keep it that way! 

100% this. If you want to race, drift, do donuts, etc, get your sorry ass to a track. Fucking asswipes.

• Hook 'Em 5

Probably the same fucks who completely shut down 410 in SA a few weeks ago, then did it again in another spot a few days ago. 

BTW I'm not typically the one to defend police, and the response was apparently slow, but when these asswipes shut down those intersections, that caused major traffic issues & dramatically slowed response. When emergency responders hit gridlock on city streets, it gets extremely difficult and slow, because there's nowhere for the cars in front of you to go, so they can't get out of the way. no cr.

Hell, it's hard AF sometimes when the interesections aren't blocked, because of the dumbfucks who can't be bothered to get out of the way even when they can.

Edited by wood

7 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

He’s on the city council, too?

Municipal governments don't spend much on Social Workers/Mental Health professionals.  Some is done at the county level, but the vast bulk of dollars spent on Social Workers/Mental Health professionals via HHS under the Governor's auspices.  It is a massive line-item on the budget.  Not saying that's good, bad, or indifferent, but it just is.  

Not sure what this has to do with drag racing, but there is a more associated topic for another thread where we need more folks like that to work in conjunction with police.  But it becomes a spending challenge as well.  Local PD is a muni budget, most social workers work at the state or a school district, so it doesn't synch up nicely for a number of reasons.  So obviously, nothing can be done so we shouldn't bother.  I just can't fucking believe this was right at Lamar and Barton Springs.  That's 3 miles from my house and packed to the gills with drunk pedestrians on a Saturday night in all four directions.  This could've ended up worse than that SXSW hit-n-run a few yaers back.  

Edited by YGIFS

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Everyone with a Travis Co registered Dodge Charger gets a ticket. Make your own budget 

Every white trash dumbfuck in the entire nation with that hilariously stupid car would get one in a world where I am king. Everyone except Sterling Archer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Without going CR, but I think gun nuts take the cake. Not talking fun enthusiasts that like to the range or hunt, I’m talking about the ones they plaster their cars and houses with gun and 2A shit. We get it.

But in general, once someone’s hobby:passion becomes what their personalities revolves around, be it cars, boats, sports team…it all becomes cringy as fuck.

Agree completely about hobby identity people (this includes over top top sports fan guy too) but the street racing fucks that shut down roads takes that “hobby” to super douche level.

• Hook 'Em 1

at some point, if the central Texas police departments dont start intervening,  these street racers are gonna cut off Karl and keep him from getting after some pussy. .

our hypothetical Karl is a pure country boy, maybe a bit over-served, visiting the big city with his jacked-up, banged-up, 20 year old F250 dually

Karl is gonna be pissed and at some point, hes gonna go Leroy Jenkins through the guys keeping him from getting laid.   

and by Leroy Jenkings, I am saying Karl is not gonna give a shit if his truck gets a few more dings and scratches, and is just going to gun it, and plow through the blocking vehicles, maybe take out a few gatekeepers, and possibly plow into the drifiting/racing cars on his way to the other side of the intersection.   

when that happens, 2-3 "good kids who never did anything wrong except be lookouts for the drifters"  are going to die and suddenly the whole world is gonna wonder where the fuck were the cops... 

and APD will be sitting there going... 

1541433154053?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=Sv9d

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This was the headline on FoxNews.com's front page:  City that defunded police descends into street race chaos. I didn't hear a fucking thing about this until this afternoon, after multiple relatives asked me whether we were in danger.

simon cowell facepalm GIF

And the article quotes Fitlump.  And by the way, did you know she addresses police academy graduations?  She will be our mayor after she's finished on the City Council.  Or Governor.

FpW6M4fWIAQ4GAH?format=jpg&name=large

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This was the headline on FoxNews.com's front page:  City that defunded police descends into street race chaos. I didn't hear a fucking thing about this until this afternoon, after multiple relatives asked me whether we were in danger.

simon cowell facepalm GIF

And the article quotes Fitlump.  And by the way, did you know she addresses police academy graduations?  She will be our mayor after she's finished on the City Council.  Or Governor.

FpW6M4fWIAQ4GAH?format=jpg&name=large

Yep, nobody actually gives a shit about doing anything to stop such behavior. They just take bad things that happen and put their own little political spin on it so they can blame someone else for the problem. People who actually have the power to do something act helpless and everyone just buys it.

Also, i was over by Mueller on Saturday. Lots of mexican teenagers revving engines in shitty trucks. I didn't really think it was street racing. Lots of fireworks too. Also, another thing i noticed, how come every mexican kid has the same stupid fucking haircut now?

Edited by Pam Cummings

Yep, nobody actually gives a shit about doing anything to stop such behavior. They just take bad things that happen and put their own little political spin on it so they can blame someone else for the problem. People who actually have the power to do something act helpless and everyone just buys it.

Also, i was over by Mueller on Saturday. Lots of mexican teenagers revving engines in shitty trucks. I didn't really think it was street racing. Lots of fireworks too. Also, another thing i noticed, how come every mexican kid has the same stupid fucking haircut now?

It’s called the edgar guey.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Discouraging shenanigans is one of several reasons we need more traffic circles in place of 4 way stops and controlled intersections, in addition to vastly improved traffic, safer driving, less wear and tear on vehicles, etc. 
On the other hand, people in Austin hate and fear change. 
But wouldn't circles just make it easier for the donuters?

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Hey baby it’s the Fourth of July.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Discouraging shenanigans is one of several reasons we need more traffic circles in place of 4 way stops and controlled intersections, in addition to vastly improved traffic, safer driving, less wear and tear on vehicles, etc. 

On the other hand, people in Austin hate and fear change. 

I'm a huge fan of roundabouts.  Wish we had more across the city.  Texas drivers seems to fear them as they require engaging your brain.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Police didn't clear the intersection until nearly 45 minutes after the first 911 call, the statement said. The first officer showed up at the incident nearly 20 minutes after it started, which police said was "due to no units nearby."

The statement does not mention instances seen in videos and posts on social media, which included police initially speeding through the intersection and leaving, before going back about 10 minutes later to clear the crowd. Other videos showed the group of people pushing back a squad car and shooting fireworks at the car.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/local/2023/02/20/street-racing-austin-police-arrest-two-people-lamar-barton-springs/69922449007/

I'm a huge fan of roundabouts.  Wish we had more across the city.  Texas drivers seems to fear them as they require engaging your brain.

We have roundabouts in our little neighborhood. A few years ago they came in and put 4 one way signs around the inner circle of each one because people are too dumb to figure that out.
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, demos said:

We have roundabouts in our little neighborhood. A few years ago they came in and put 4 one way signs around the inner circle of each one because people are too dumb to figure that out.

Somehow they seem to work on Burleson Rd/St. Elmo and Ditmar/just east of Westgate. 

I like roundabouts personally. Better than a 4 way stop and waiting for dumbasses to decide which of them is going to go or just blowing through the stop.

The city putting in the one way signs cracked me though. Seriously, people couldn’t figure that out?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, sidis said:

Every white trash dumbfuck in the entire nation with that hilariously stupid car would get one in a world where I am king. Everyone except Sterling Archer. 

No, Chargers.   In your scenario, that would be like 7 people.    They seem to be the preferred shitbox for these idiots to do their circle work in the Westheimer intersections, too. Oh, and there’s a banshee that’s been riding along with them lately. Saw them 2 weekends ago at noon on a Saturday.