Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

Gee says playoff expansion is on 'life support'

By Charles Montgomery, Sports Editor    18 hrs ago

West Virginia University President E. Gordon Gee has changed his stance on the proposal to expand the College Football Playoff to 12 teams.  In an exclusive interview with the Daily Athenaeum on Tuesday, Gee explained that he would not vote to expand the playoff after he initially supported the change.

“I am on the College Football Playoff Board of Directors [Managers] and I was a strong advocate for the 12-team playoff,” Gee said. “I am now no longer because I think with this changing environment, we want to keep it very narrow and keep it so there is a lot of opportunity to reconfigure what we’re doing in athletics.”

College athletics has seen significant changes over the past few months and no other sport has been the focal point more than college football.

In late June, it was announced that the College Football Playoff board was prepared to make a shift to expand the four-team College Football Playoff field to 12 teams. When this potential move was announced, there was wide support for expanding the playoff.

But now, Gee says it is on “life support.”

“I think it is on life support now,” Gee said. “I have one of the votes and I think it nearly needs to be unanimous and I’m not voting for it. I think the Big Ten will not vote for it and the Pac 12 will probably not vote for it either.”

“It’s one of those ideas that I think was very good when there was stability. When there's instability, the idea becomes less appropriate.”

The instability that Gee is referring to is the momentous announcements that came in July about schools changing conferences. The two biggest culprits were Oklahoma and Texas in the Big 12. Both schools have made deals with the SEC to join the conference by 2025.

West Virginia has remained stout in its support of the Big 12. Gee said he sees this as an important show of unity.

“The world is really upside down in terms of college sports,” Gee said. “Our choices are pretty clear and one is the fact that we [the remaining eight Big 12 schools] could potentially affiliate with another conference. We could expand our numbers and because we’re smaller, we have agility.”

On Tuesday, it was announced that the Big Ten, Pac 12 and ACC have formed an alliance together to rebel against the growing power of the SEC. According to Pac 12 commissioner, George Kliavkoff, the main purpose of this alliance is to support student-athletes.

“The historic alliance announced today between the Pac-12, ACC and Big Ten is grounded in a commitment to our student-athletes,” Kliavkoff said in a statement. “We believe that collaborating together we are stronger in our commitment to addressing the broad issues and opportunities facing college athletics.”

Gee acknowledged that West Virginia and the rest of the Big 12 was not a part of this alliance due to its ties for the next four years with Oklahoma and Texas.

“The Big 12 is not in that alliance, at the moment and part of the reason is the fact that we still have four years of being a Big 12, because we own all the media rights to Texas and Oklahoma,” Gee said. “The others didn’t want to have Texas and Oklahoma in on their parade.”

33 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Gee says playoff expansion is on 'life support'

By Charles Montgomery, Sports Editor    18 hrs ago

West Virginia University President E. Gordon Gee has changed his stance on the proposal to expand the College Football Playoff to 12 teams.  In an exclusive interview with the Daily Athenaeum on Tuesday, Gee explained that he would not vote to expand the playoff after he initially supported the change.

“I am on the College Football Playoff Board of Directors [Managers] and I was a strong advocate for the 12-team playoff,” Gee said. “I am now no longer because I think with this changing environment, we want to keep it very narrow and keep it so there is a lot of opportunity to reconfigure what we’re doing in athletics.”

College athletics has seen significant changes over the past few months and no other sport has been the focal point more than college football.

In late June, it was announced that the College Football Playoff board was prepared to make a shift to expand the four-team College Football Playoff field to 12 teams. When this potential move was announced, there was wide support for expanding the playoff.

But now, Gee says it is on “life support.”

“I think it is on life support now,” Gee said. “I have one of the votes and I think it nearly needs to be unanimous and I’m not voting for it. I think the Big Ten will not vote for it and the Pac 12 will probably not vote for it either.”

“It’s one of those ideas that I think was very good when there was stability. When there's instability, the idea becomes less appropriate.”

The instability that Gee is referring to is the momentous announcements that came in July about schools changing conferences. The two biggest culprits were Oklahoma and Texas in the Big 12. Both schools have made deals with the SEC to join the conference by 2025.

West Virginia has remained stout in its support of the Big 12. Gee said he sees this as an important show of unity.

“The world is really upside down in terms of college sports,” Gee said. “Our choices are pretty clear and one is the fact that we [the remaining eight Big 12 schools] could potentially affiliate with another conference. We could expand our numbers and because we’re smaller, we have agility.”

On Tuesday, it was announced that the Big Ten, Pac 12 and ACC have formed an alliance together to rebel against the growing power of the SEC. According to Pac 12 commissioner, George Kliavkoff, the main purpose of this alliance is to support student-athletes.

“The historic alliance announced today between the Pac-12, ACC and Big Ten is grounded in a commitment to our student-athletes,” Kliavkoff said in a statement. “We believe that collaborating together we are stronger in our commitment to addressing the broad issues and opportunities facing college athletics.”

Gee acknowledged that West Virginia and the rest of the Big 12 was not a part of this alliance due to its ties for the next four years with Oklahoma and Texas.

“The Big 12 is not in that alliance, at the moment and part of the reason is the fact that we still have four years of being a Big 12, because we own all the media rights to Texas and Oklahoma,” Gee said. “The others didn’t want to have Texas and Oklahoma in on their parade.”

What’s that Bama Olineman doing there with Gordon Gee?

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Gee woke up today and thought he was still President of Ohio State. 

Fuck that guy. He was a shitty President at Ohio State. Twice. He did nothing to raise the educational profile of the school but consistently raised the cost of tuition while cutting academic programs. He was a popular character among the students who didn’t know better because they fell for his act. He was charming but he wasn’t actually doing anything for us other than glad handing. And while he tried to act as though he understood the importance of football to the local culture, he called a tie with Michigan in 1992, “One of our greatest wins ever.” But forget football. Gee was bad for academics. That’s the most important thing and he sucked at it. Good riddance. You’re welcome to him, Mountaineers. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Fuck that guy. He was a shitty President at Ohio State. Twice. He did nothing to raise the educational profile of the school but consistently raised the cost of tuition while cutting academic programs. He was a popular character among the students who didn’t know better because they fell for his act. He was charming but he wasn’t actually doing anything for us other than glad handing. And while he tried to act as though he understood the importance of football to the local culture, he called a tie with Michigan in 1992, “One of our greatest wins ever.” But forget football. Gee was bad for academics. That’s the most important thing and he sucked at it. Good riddance. You’re welcome to him, Mountaineers. 

giphy.gif

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bw2axq841oyi6u7m1alz

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Siap...     Says go get BYU, Boise State, UCF and Cincinnati

It's time for the Big 12 to be the Big 12

Now that we know it won't be raided by the Pac-12, the Big 12's path to survival is through aggressive expansion.

ZACH BARNETT   5 HOURS AGO

https://footballscoop.com/news/big-12-expansion-boise-state-ucf-byu-cincinnati  

You can’t raid the willing

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He’s terrible at wvu too.  His only talents are wearing a bow tie and smiling.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Big AAU school, built in rivalry, good people, good conference partner, good programs, great wrestling without the kiddie diddling.

In a streaming world we're far more valuable than a "push the Big 10 Network onto cable packages" world because we have a large fanbase that gives a fuck, and we're building up every year.

And to fuckface McGee What the Buck's point about us adding nothing financially/literally sucking, we'd add something, and knowing our AD we would likely propose some arrangement where we take a smaller cut in exchange for the security of membership, and it would actually make financial sense for the Big 10 to have us in the fold.  We all know that Purdue doesn't generate a fraction of the interest and revenue that Ohio State does, but they get treated the same because, well, Ohio State and Michigan just aren't dicks about it.  There by the grace of God, or whatever.  

Regarding Campbell, who knows.  If ISU can win their way to the playoffs, I think he stays.  If ISU doesn't have playoff access, he will go.  I have a buddy who works for the football program and his impression is that the more people bag on Iowa State and talk about Campbell bailing, that it's bred "fuck you" mentality in Campbell that fuels him to stay in Ames and keep winning.  The guy's wired differently, and the fact that he is still at ISU should be proof enough of that.

Regarding the Big 12, I actually hope they vote not to expand.  That will be evidence that the majority of the 8 have worked out landing spots behind the scenes.  If they do, I don't really care who gets added as long as they don't suck at football.  Oddly enough, adding BYU, Cincy, UCF, and Boise would make the new Big 12 actually better at football than the Pac 12 is right now.  I realize that actual quality product on the field and fan interest and all that is irrelevant to the national media, but at some point in time it has to matter.  One would think.  That league would at least be entertaining, and if the winner is going to the playoffs and we make enough money to pay our coaches, I don't really give a shit about the rest.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

So the PAC 12 has decided not to expand and stay in the world of irrelevant.  Not that any teams in the remaining Big 12 would do anything for them.  But new blood is new blood.  I am going to laugh if the Big 12 somehow comes out of this by adding BYU, UH etc and becoming a better conference that the PAC 12 after a few years.  But they still have baylor so may not be possible. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

If the Big 12 expands to add BYU, UCF, Boise State, and Cincy, that’s actually a solid football conference. Head and shoulders above the AAC and one could even argue on par with the PAC.

Agree completely. You've got 3 programs that have been relevant in the playoff discussion and have earned NY6 spots before. That's a conference that could find its way in an expanded playoff pretty easily. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

Mac Engel: To avoid a funeral, Big 12 must add best of the rest starting with this school  

Mac Engel, Fort Worth Star-Telegram  10 hrs ago

AANN9AC.img?h=584&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

FORT WORTH, Texas — The Pac 12's "handshake" deal alliance with the Big Ten and ACC amounts to a tall glass of "Hogwash." 

"Hogwash" is the description used by a college athletics administrator who dared not go on the record because the people involved in this toilet-paper alliance are his friends.

The start of the 2021 college football season is here, and the awkward state of the Big 12 will be one of the more intriguing stories that will be more interesting than the games.

Texas and Oklahoma have announced they are divorcing the league ... in three years. Looking forward to those Big 12 family Christmas cards.

This is the sort of preposterous relationship that reality TV producers lose sleep over trying to create; the train-wreck content that people don't want to watch, but do inevitably.

As college athletics moves forward, the Big 12 is not going to receive any help from the outside. The ACC/Big Ten/Pac-12 "hogwash" alliance left out the middle earth's biggest conference for a reason.  Schools like Texas Tech, Kansas, TCU, Oklahoma State and Baylor took a hard right to the face on Thursday when the Pac-12 announced it will not expand.

If the Big 12 is going to remain in the current Power 5 model, it will have to do this on its own.

As much as people in the industry think the league should pitch Amazon or Hulu or another streaming service as its primary media rights holder, we are in an ESPN world until proven otherwise.

There is a reason why the NHL, after being dumped by ESPN in 2005, ran back to the network this year. If you are going to be a major sports league in the U.S., you need to be on the biggest major sports carrier.

As such, the Big 12 must find a way to add value or it's dead and destined for an existence in the Group of Five.

The goal is to remain in the Power 5, and in the playoff, until that model formally dies. That death is inevitable and it's also not today.

West Virginia President Gordon Gee is doing everything in his power to slow all of this down; he told The Daily Athenaeum that he thinks the expansion of the college football playoff is "on life support."

"I am on the College Football Playoff Board of Directors [Managers] and I was a strong advocate for the 12-team playoff," Gee told the Daily Athanaeum this week. "I am now no longer because I think with this changing environment, we want to keep it very narrow and keep it so there is a lot of opportunity to reconfigure what we're doing in athletics."

Translated, the Big 12 is not going to die just yet.

Until the funeral, the Big 12 needs to add BYU. And Boise State. And Central Florida. And Cincinnati.

There is no replacement for Texas or Oklahoma.

The "Moneyball" approach is the best method; come close in replacing the types of numbers Texas and Oklahoma will take to the SEC.

With millions of interested Mormons, BYU is Notre Dame lite.

Boise State has created a niche in college athletics located in an attractive town. The Broncos are a marketable brand, and opponent.

Central Florida has spent millions on its athletics facilities, and with more than 71,000 students is the largest school in Florida; its undergrad enrollment is a bit more than 61,000.

Cincinnati has successfully built its athletic department, and now features a football team that will contend for a playoff spot for the second consecutive year.

The Big 12's prayer of being included by its brothers and sisters in the ACC, Big 10 or Pac-12 "alliance" against the SEC died this week.

There is nothing Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby can do about it. He should have seen it coming, but even if he had there was likely little he could do to stop these departures.

It's his job now to ensure the future of the league, and the only way he can do that is to add the best of the rest.

The geography of a league that stretches from Boise to Orlando makes no sense, but the map no longer factors into college athletics.

Adding Boise State, BYU, Cincinnati and Central Florida would make the Big 12 relevant, and give the league a chance for national relevancy.

It will give the Big 12 a chance to remain as a "power league" for as long as that moniker exists.

College football will eventually consolidate to one or two leagues that will be comprised of only the power brands; ESPN executives will map out that paradigm with the "cooperation" of league commissioners and nervous college presidents whose job security will depend on being a part of that new world.

We are not at that day yet, and until we are the Big 12 has no choice but to try to add.

Otherwise, it will become a hogwash league.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

If the Big 12 expands to add BYU, UCF, Boise State, and Cincy, that’s actually a solid football conference. Head and shoulders above the AAC and one could even argue on par with the PAC.

One can argue anything - but it isn't anywhere near the PAC, with the top schools in Cali, a Rose Bowl tie-in, large viewer base; although being tied to the Pacific time zone hurts the PAC in todays media markets. I mean the big Tx tv markets eyeballs are now primarily tied to SEC, the Big 12 is closer to the MAC than to the PAC

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I am assuming that the Big 12 can’t add any new teams until 2025 with out having to renegotiate the GOR which would allow OU and Texas to bolt.

Somehow expect middle ground settlement that helps "Left-Behind B12" collect some money from TEXAS/blOU buyouts and a little extra money in their next TV deal.

But probably a $10-$12mil/yr type of new deal for each B12 team, and one guaranteed spot in CFP for B12 conference winner in new 12 team playoff system.

Edited by LTtxfan
typo

47 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The Pac 12 got what it wanted, favorable scheduling in the central and eastern time zones without having to further dilute the pie with Big 12 leftovers. If USC or Oregon goes 11-1, they're getting a playoff spot. 

How did the PAC12 get what they want?  Their teams already played OOC against East coast opponents before the “alliance”

This year Stanford is playing K State in Arlington and at Vanderbilt, Oregon State is playing at Purdue, Oregon is playing at Ohio State, Cal is playing at TCU, Washington is playing at Michigan, and USC is playing at Norte Dame.

That’s half the conference playing a game in the Eastern or Central time zone.  What do people think the alliance will provide?  With 9 conference games these schools only have 3 games to give each year via OOC.  1 of those will pretty much always be a cupcake to fill their home schedule, so at best the PAC12 could schedule 2 big time out of conference games excluding those with non alliance OOC home/home rivalries (Utah with BYU, and Colorado with CSU, counting USC/Stanford with ND as part of the alliance) who only have 1 to give.  So 10 teams have 2 possible alliance games, half of which will away which is just 10 games a year, and 2 teams have 1 possible alliance game which means only 1 away game for a total of 11 Central or Eastern time zone AT BEST and they already have 7 on the schedule BEFORE the alliance was even formed.

This doesn’t solve anything for the PAC12.  When they play away in EST/CST those games help the B1G or ACC’s TV number which help improve their future TV contracts.  Alliance HOME games for PAC12 schools will still be subject to late night start time a low eyeballs.  It will not help the PAC12.

The thing that could help the PAC12 is to have permanent members in the Central Time Zone.  That opens up the “Big Noon”/post Gameday spots (11am CST) where their games can have more eyeballs.   By adding tech or Okie St they could have at least 1 game per week where that would matter AND those numbers would help increase the PAC’s TV ratings (simply because there are more casual fans watching at that time versus at 10pm) leading to a bigger contract.

But honestly, the best option for USC/UCLA/Oregon/Washington would be for their games to matter to the viewers in the Eastern and Central time zones, and the only way that happens is if they join the Big Ten.  Having Ohio St, Michigan, PSU, Nebraska, and Wisconsin fans care about an Oregon/UCLA matchup because it will affect conference standing will surpass anything that expansion or the alliance could ever do.  The late night games, in moderation, will help improve the Big Ten’s TV deal and help bring more relevance to the athletic programs of these West coast universities.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

One can argue anything - but it isn't anywhere near the PAC, with the top schools in Cali, a Rose Bowl tie-in, large viewer base; although being tied to the Pacific time zone hurts the PAC in todays media markets. I mean the big Tx tv markets eyeballs are now primarily tied to SEC, the Big 12 is closer to the MAC than to the PAC

I was referring to football competitiveness. I’m fully aware that an expanded Big 12 without Texas or OU would not be remotely close to the PAC as far as historical value, media markets, alumni base, etc. But as a collection of football programs the expanded Big 12 would have more programs with recent NY6 appearances or who have been in the playoff discussion than the PAC.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

They're a national brand only to those over 50.  I'd bet the odds are low that a football fan under 35 has even seen a Nebraska game.

They have a much bigger fan base than ISU and surely you know that. There were many on this board who were fairly recently buying into the myth that Nebraska regretted its move to the Big Ten and wanted to return to the Big 12. Now, of course, we can see exactly why the teams that left the Big 12 did so and why there was never any chance Nebraska would return to a doomed conference. And for less money and less media exposure.

Everyone could see the writing on the wall. The Big Ten is a stronger conference because all teams are treated as equals. Ohio State doesn’t take a bigger share of the pie than Illinois or Purdue. (I changed Indiana to Purdue because watch out for Indiana. In football. Never thought I’d say that.)

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They have a much bigger fan base than ISU and surely you know that. There were many on this board who were fairly recently buying into the myth that Nebraska regretted its move to the Big Ten and wanted to return to the Big 12. Now, of course, we can see exactly why the teams that left the Big 12 did so and why there was never any chance Nebraska would return to a doomed conference. And for less money and less media exposure.

Everyone could see the writing on the wall. The Big Ten is a stronger conference because all teams are treated as equals. Ohio State doesn’t take a bigger share of the pie than Illinois or Purdue. (I changed Indiana to Purdue because watch out for Indiana. In football. Never thought I’d say that.)

Except NU had to buy their way into the B1G with lower payouts that gradually increased over time. It's been said that they'd be millions ahead if they'd just stayed in the Big 12. Has anybody done the math?

• Fuck You 1

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He was also quite nice to the Little Sisters of the Poor, no?

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

Except NU had to buy their way into the B1G with lower payouts that gradually increased over time. It's been said that they'd be millions ahead if they'd just stayed in the Big 12. Has anybody done the math?

Bullshit. They didn’t get a full payout immediately. What the fuck is wrong with that? They’re now getting the same share as everyone else except for newcomers Rutgers and Maryland. I’m not going to bother looking up when they’ll get full shares because the Big 12 NEVER shared things equally. Nor had their own tv network. Nebraska fans used to have to watch some of their games on pay-per-view. Since moving to the B1G, those days are gone.

Have you noticed the future of the Big 12? Why the fuck would they want to remain a part of a dying conference? And don’t pretend you give a fuck about the Big 12 as Texas and Oklahoma flee to the SEC and destroy the conference which EVERYONE knew was going to happen eventually. The only question was where they’d go. 

• Fuck You 6

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Bullshit. They didn’t get a full payout immediately. What the fuck is wrong with that? They’re now getting the same share as everyone else except for newcomers Rutgers and Maryland. I’m not going to bother looking up when they’ll get full shares because the Big 12 NEVER shared things equally. Nor had their own tv network. Nebraska fans used to have to watch some of their games on pay-per-view. Since moving to the B1G, those days are gone.

Have you noticed the future of the Big 12? Why the fuck would they want to remain a part of a dying conference? And don’t pretend you give a fuck about the Big 12 as Texas and Oklahoma flee to the SEC and destroy the conference which EVERYONE knew was going to happen eventually. The only question was where they’d go. 

You say bullshit and then confirm what he said. Are you sure you know what word means?

Also, that's a weird flex on pay-per-view considering BTN+ is a subscription service. Which means you're paying to view those games.

But yes, the Big 12 was always going to die, mostly because of poor population and viewership numbers. Texas and Oklahoma are the only reasons the league lasted as long as it did, we're not going to feel bad about any of it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

Agree completely. You've got 3 programs that have been relevant in the playoff discussion and have earned NY6 spots before. That's a conference that could find its way in an expanded playoff pretty easily. 

It's taken us years as an independent to build quality football schedules with half a dozen (give or take) P5 games each season, but we are there now. However, if the I8 stabilize and stay together, and add these 4 schools, then I would be happy about joining the B12. For basketball, too.

Edited by Crockett

18 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You should stick to the B1G and Buckeye boards. NU never voted for equal revenue sharing. Neither did A&M. You parrot the same media nonsense that's already been debunked here and elsewhere. I'm gonna enjoy watching that "storied" program continue to wither and die.

"Mean ol' Texas doesn't share equally". Kansas has been monetizing and cashing in on their T3 rights with basketball for years before UT. Why wasn't that a problem for everyone? Because it wasn't packaged like LHN? Because it was $8-10MM annually and not $15MM?

Hypocrites

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Actually we threw the ungrateful 8 a 10 year reprieve.  As you can see, most of these guys don't belong in a power 5.  It's why we had to merge conferences in the first place.  Your own former AD reached out to us, remember we had a "tech problem?"  We could've left for any conference at any point in time.  

As for Nebraska, as some have pointed out, they were against revenue sharing.  They left because they got tired of getting their ass kicked on and off the field by Texas.

20 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You say bullshit and then confirm what he said. Are you sure you know what word means?

Also, that's a weird flex on pay-per-view considering BTN+ is a subscription service. Which means you're paying to view those games.

But yes, the Big 12 was always going to die, mostly because of poor population and viewership numbers. Texas and Oklahoma are the only reasons the league lasted as long as it did, we're not going to feel bad about any of it.

BTN comes with basic cable service in the regions where B1G teams reside. The notion that Nebraska had to “pay” for admittance into the conference is bullshit, as if it was somehow unfair to not be given a full share immediately when they are without question coming out ahead in the long run. Did Nebraska ever get the same share as Texas in the Big 12? They paid every day in their old conference. Just not as much as most of the other schools. Because they have a fan base and a following and a brand which has been my point all along.

Find me one Nebraska fan who regrets the move. 

24 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

BTN comes with basic cable service in the regions where B1G teams reside. The notion that Nebraska had to “pay” for admittance into the conference is bullshit, as if it was somehow unfair to not be given a full share immediately when they are without question coming out ahead in the long run. Did Nebraska ever get the same share as Texas in the Big 12?  Not sure, but Nebraska wasn't for revenue sharing as they were considered one of the conference's marquee draws.  Did they make as much as we did?  Probably not.  Does anybody?  Probably not.  But we're willing to go equal revenue share with the SEC group, just not the KSU and Tech's of the world.  Surely you see the difference?  Also, we would've gone to the PAC but ESPN threw the network at us to stay.  I'm not sure there's a school that was in our situation that would've left that on the table.

Find me one Nebraska fan who regrets the move.   I think there's at least two in this thread, I could find more but Google and friend and all https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/nebraska-should-never-have-left-the-big-12.219625/ 

See bold

Edited by closetohumping
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

You should stick to the B1G and Buckeye boards. NU never voted for equal revenue sharing. Neither did A&M. You parrot the same media nonsense that's already been debunked here and elsewhere. I'm gonna enjoy watching that "storied" program continue to wither and die.

"Mean ol' Texas doesn't share equally". Kansas has been monetizing and cashing in on their T3 rights with basketball for years before UT. Why wasn't that a problem for everyone? Because it wasn't packaged like LHN? Because it was $8-10MM annually and not $15MM?

Hypocrites

Or the CR

14 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I mean there's a reason he is no longer the president of Ohio State, a reasonably decent public university, and is instead the president of WVU, a school best known for their couch burning program.

And since the Alliance didn’t want to work with them, they should align with the SEC for non-conference games in exchange for their support for spots at the expanded playoff table.

I’m not sure how the TV games breakdown but Big 12 teams matching up with SEC is better than PAC and likely middle to bottom tier ACC and B1G too. Then when the SEC begins chipping away else where the Big 12 gets looks at the mega SEC after the OSUs, Clemsons, FSUs, etc.

Actually I think this improves all those teams chances at a seat at the playoff table.
  • Hook 'Em 1