Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

The King of Power and Influence?  At least we have that in addition to a bunch of Alamo Bowl appearances, NCAA Tournament first weekend exits and monthly payments to failed coaches in the revenue sports.  3 regular season (none since 2008) and 1 tournament basketball conference titles and 3 football conference titles (none since 2009) in 25 years.  We really owned this conference.  Keep jerking off to the revenue table and other people's money though.  Truly aggy-level coping.  

Furk...now I has Clem-like sads

3 hours ago, alincoln said:

The King of Power and Influence?  At least we have that in addition to a bunch of Alamo Bowl appearances, NCAA Tournament first weekend exits and monthly payments to failed coaches in the revenue sports.  3 regular season (none since 2008) and 1 tournament basketball conference titles and 3 football conference titles (none since 2009) in 25 years.  We really owned this conference.  Keep jerking off to the revenue table and other people's money though.  Truly aggy-level coping.  

No you don’t understand. We only use our power to keep others down. Mostly aggy, but also our conference mates. 

3 hours ago, Deej said:

They can only dream of being as successful against their big brother as aggy is against theirs. Just think about how shitty you have to be to accomplish that.

We know the record, lol. Ironically, it was campus hero Hank Iba that led the football program to dogshit during the college game's formative years.

2 hours ago, KennyPowders said:

I always get excited when this thread pops up as it's usually someone from some random smaller school bitching about how life isn't fair and how upset they are.

I have a brother-in-law who just won't work. Apparently, it has been this way for decades. I've never heard of him having the same job for more than a few months. Now, he has pretty much given up. He blames everything and everyone else...because, you know, it is impossible for a white guy in Texas to ever make any money. He lives on handouts. Over the years, family have given him cars, places to live, lots of money, paid the cell phone bills for him and the kids he has created but can't pay for...and he has zero gratitude. He complains about everything. Nothing is good enough. It frustrates me that he doesn't realize the sacrifices people had to make for all of this stuff to be thrown at him that he doesn't appreciate. He reminds me a lot of the Iowa State fan who likes to show up from time to time around here to tell us Texas alums about our attitude problem. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

I have a brother-in-law who just won't work. Apparently, it has been this way for decades. I've never heard of him having the same job for more than a few months. Now, he has pretty much given up. He blames everything and everyone else...because, you know, it is impossible for a white guy in Texas to ever make any money. He lives on handouts. Over the years, family have given him cars, places to live, lots of money, paid the cell phone bills for him and the kids he has created but can't pay for...and he has zero gratitude. He complains about everything. Nothing is good enough. It frustrates me that he doesn't realize the sacrifices people had to make for all of this stuff to be thrown at him that he doesn't appreciate. He reminds me a lot of the Iowa State fan who likes to show up from time to time around here to tell us Texas alums about our attitude problem. 

Hey man just cuz you gave me a cell and a car doesn’t mean I have to bend the knee!

The Big 6 was formed in 1928. In 1928, Oklahoma had 8 representatives in Congress, Iowa had 11, Nebraska had 6, Kansas had 8 and Missouri had 16. Texas, site of the entire SWC (less Arkansas) had 18, much less than half the Big 6. The Texas population was barely over twice that of just Oklahoma!

In 2022, Texas has 38 representatives.  Oklahoma has 5. Kansas has 4. Iowa has 4 (trouble in River City!). (Not that it matters, but Nebraska has 3). 

The model for the B12 has always been giving the Big 8 access to TVs and recruits in Texas. The smaller schools in Texas (TT, TCU, BU and UH) are always happy to offer both up freely in order to stay in the big leagues. 

It will be interesting to see how the B12 schedules. Recruiting in Texas is about to get a lot tougher. Every SEC school will get at least one game in Texas every other year. Some will get 1-2 games in Texas every year, depending on their rivalries. Those schools all pay, too. 

B12 north schools (if the B12 organizes that way) might only get one game per year in Texas. Yep, recruiting in Texas will be even wilder than before. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, statsman said:

It will be interesting to see how the B12 schedules. Recruiting in Texas is about to get a lot tougher. Every SEC school will get at least one game in Texas every other year. Some will get 1-2 games in Texas every year, depending on their rivalries. Those schools all pay, too.

While true if you assume Texas has aggy as a rival basically you have up to 4 teams (OU, Ark, LSU, ?MSU?) that could possibly have 2 games in the state in a single year that occurs once every 4 years.

If someone like Oklahoma or Arkansas have both UT and aggy as rivals they’d get 1 game a year in the state every year.

Every “non rival” of UT/aggy gets 1 game in the state every other year which is basically what the SEC West and South Carolina had after aggy joined. The only teams that will get an increased Texas presence are those in the East.

Also Oklahoma’s presence in the state, as a result of this move to the SEC will decrease. Currently they had 2-3 games a year in the state, now they be down to 1-2.

Arkansas’s presence may also decrease if they don’t get both Texas and aggy as rivals. They’d go from playing aggy in Dallas every year to playing @Texas every other year and @aggy 1 out of every 4 years.

Only LSU’s presence in the state will increase slightly assuming they are rivals with aggy but not Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Josef Pwag said:

It wont let me rep you hombre. For some reason this fucking platform doesnt recognize that I, Kenny Powers, god of the baseball diamond transcend mother fucking rules. SO  instead I will fucking quote your ass and tell that mother fucker, no offense, sounds like an ungrateful freeloading asshole. Sounds a lot like some of the ball players and organizations I played for. Ungrateful for my natural fucking talent and carrying their stupid asses to the playoffs. Fuck those mother fuckers. 

Eastbound And Down GIF

Edited by KennyPowders

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Thread needs more fierce ISU cheerleader and dirty little read head at basketball game with the oral outline smile. 

Agree.  I've always liked @Al_4_ISU and thought he was a good non-Texas poster to have around, but I think a lot of the more surly longhorn posters on this thread would probably like him a lot better, if he used one of those as his avatar...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

We know the record, lol. Ironically, it was campus hero Hank Iba that led the football program to dogshit during the college game's formative years.

Nah, it was Bud being ahead of the curve. He noticed there were a shit load of WWII vets with eligibility left that needed housing.

39 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Agree.  I've always liked @Al_4_ISU and thought he was a good non-Texas poster to have around, but I think a lot of the more surly longhorn posters on this thread would probably like him a lot better, if he used one of those as his avatar...

It was all good hombre till he started fucking whining about Vanderbilt and Mizzou like god damn Kayne yelling about the Jews. Life aint fair, dawg. You just got a life lesson in it. 

Edited by KennyPowders
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, KennyPowders said:

It wont let me rep you hombre. For some reason this fucking platform doesnt recognize that I, Kenny Powers, god of the baseball diamond transcend mother fucking rules. SO  instead I will fucking quote your ass and tell that mother fucker, no offense, sounds like an ungrateful freeloading asshole. Sounds a lot like some of the ball players and organizations I played for. Ungrateful for my natural fucking talent and carrying their stupid asses to the playoffs. Fuck those mother fuckers. 

Eastbound And Down GIF

I got ya pham 

5 hours ago, Josef Pwag said:

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

While true if you assume Texas has aggy as a rival basically you have up to 4 teams (OU, Ark, LSU, ?MSU?) that could possibly have 2 games in the state in a single year that occurs once every 4 years.

If someone like Oklahoma or Arkansas have both UT and aggy as rivals they’d get 1 game a year in the state every year.

Every “non rival” of UT/aggy gets 1 game in the state every other year which is basically what the SEC West and South Carolina had after aggy joined. The only teams that will get an increased Texas presence are those in the East.

Also Oklahoma’s presence in the state, as a result of this move to the SEC will decrease. Currently they had 2-3 games a year in the state, now they be down to 1-2.

Arkansas’s presence may also decrease if they don’t get both Texas and aggy as rivals. They’d go from playing aggy in Dallas every year to playing @Texas every other year and @aggy 1 out of every 4 years.

Only LSU’s presence in the state will increase slightly assuming they are rivals with aggy but not Texas.

the irony of aggy wailing to duck texas is goald in this context

play texas every year and you cut down TWO visits by out-of-state league teams every fucking year

you go aggy!

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, utee94 said:

fierce isu cheer is powerful and commanding

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 12:57 PM, 'stache said:

One of my former bosses (RIP) was an offensive lineman in the early 60's at OSU.  While he was there, Iba twice tried to get him to quit football and come out for basketball, since he was 6' 4" and "you can't use all that height in football".

On 2/23/2023 at 8:57 AM, Deej said:

They can only dream of being as successful against their big brother as aggy is against theirs. Just think about how shitty you have to be to accomplish that.

Well to be fair, (a) we barely even tried to be competitive at football for like 70 years and (b) our "big brother" is a top 3-5 all-time program in college football, while texas aggy's is... not. 

5 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Well to be fair, (a) we barely even tried to be competitive at football for like 70 years and (b) our "big brother" is a top 3-5 all-time program in college football, while texas aggy's is... not. 

Win a national championship in football or shut the fuck up. 

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

But, UT beat your daddy more often than not.

UT is #5 in all-time wins. Perhaps okie lite is more aggy-like than you'd like to admit?

• Hook 'Em 2