New SEC divisions and pods thread (Page 30 starts recent discussion)

mdmost

8 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

They can also use the channels for all the documentary stuff and general interest stuff too

Auburn and Kentucky fans have no idea what they’re missing out on not seeing the worlds nicest crossing guard or how badass it is for students to create podcasts 25 times per game….

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Ghost of Frank Erwin said:

I just saw a full view of the proposed SEC permanent opponents Texas and Texas A&M were not permanent opponents in the scenario that I viewed, and I was told that A&M voting to allow Texas into the SEC was contingent on Texas not being a permanent opponent. Ridiculous if true

I cannot confirm this to be 100% true, and calling out A&M is not the point of this tweet at all, but it’s clear there’s some underlying factors between A&M & Texas given the fact they never play. These need to be resolved, & they need to play every year as rivals in the SEC

Why the fuck would Sankey bend to aggy if he had a unanimous - 1 vote to add UT and OU?

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/22/2023 at 3:26 PM, troph said:

we've won a legit title 4 times and played for another 3-4.  I'd rather play Arky, OU and A&M every year for the entertainment value than play shit for a once every 2 decade NC.

Truth. Texas’ history is that it doesn’t shy from a tough schedule. How has Aggy’s strategy of trying to ride a hot team through an easy/fortuitous schedule worked out for them?

In 1983, we went 11-0, playing OU and Bo Jackson’s Auburn in non-conference. If Simmons doesn’t get hurt, or if we don’t field the punt, or if the refs call penalties, we would have been undefeated. As it was, we were one point away. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

On 2/22/2023 at 11:52 AM, TXSooner518 said:

Definitely requires much more maintenance and precision to not overshoot the runway. Way more straightforward being housed by 1045 starting at 7, esp if you're willing to have booze in the parking lot rather than all beer. 

Extraordinarily spicy — like habanero/scorpion infused vodka — Bloody Marys are the way. Maybe a beer in between them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, statsman said:

Truth. Texas’ history is that it doesn’t shy from a tough schedule. How has Aggy’s strategy of trying to ride a hot team through an easy/fortuitous schedule worked out for them?

In 1983, we went 11-0, playing OU and Bo Jackson’s Auburn in non-conference. If Simmons doesn’t get hurt, or if we don’t field the punt, or if the refs call penalties, we would have been undefeated. As it was, we were one point away. 

Fuck uga in his goat ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, statsman said:

1983 always brings to mind the name Mossy Cade, which would be a great name for a new Academy line of hunting and fishing wear. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, mdmost said:

As the SEC continues to mull over those potential schedule formats, SI’s Dellenger made a first attempt at guessing the three permanent opponents for each SEC school based on rivalries, geography and parity:

• Missouri: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Vanderbilt
  • Arkansas: Missouri, Texas, Ole Miss
  • Texas A&M: LSU, Texas, Mississippi State
  • Texas: Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Arkansas
  • Oklahoma: Texas, Missouri, Florida
  • LSU: Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Alabama
  • Ole Miss: Mississippi State, LSU, Arkansas
  • Mississippi State: Ole Miss, Kentucky, Texas A&M
  • Alabama: Auburn, Tennessee, LSU
  • Auburn: Alabama, Georgia, Vanderbilt
  • Vanderbilt: Tennessee, Auburn, Missouri
  • Tennessee: Vanderbilt, Alabama, South Carolina
  • Kentucky: Mississippi State, South Carolina, Georgia
  • Georgia: Auburn, Florida, Kentucky
  • Florida: Georgia, South Carolina, Oklahoma
  • South Carolina: Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky

Both of my favorite teams can give Oklahoma an L every year! Sign me up!

7 hours ago, Vertigo said:

This is so on brand, yet we would have to listen to their idiot fan base talk about how we are scared of all of their "success" in the SEC and refuse to play them.

mark my words.

before this decade it out, there will be an outdoor billboard up in the sky, black on white to insure plausible deniability, with these 2 words:

BRAND CONTROL

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Dog said:

which part is not true looch?

you let us in on the condition the first game is at pyle?

or

you let us in on the condition you don't have to play us?

we can't rightly be not playin' if the first game is at pyle....

and

we can't rightly be playin' the first game at pyle if we're not playin.....

OKAY THEN

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

It’s not true because aggy wasn’t given a choice. Them voting us in wasn’t “contingent” on anything.

i disagree.

it was contingent on sharp getting a call about 945am on that saturday morning and the entire aggy echochamber pivoting 90 degrees by lunch like the prior 36 hours had never happened.

12 hours ago, mdmost said:

As the SEC continues to mull over those potential schedule formats, SI’s Dellenger made a first attempt at guessing the three permanent opponents for each SEC school based on rivalries, geography and parity:

• Missouri: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Vanderbilt
  • Arkansas: Missouri, Texas, Ole Miss
  • Texas A&M: LSU, Texas, Mississippi State
  • Texas: Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Arkansas
  • Oklahoma: Texas, Missouri, Florida
  • LSU: Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Alabama
  • Ole Miss: Mississippi State, LSU, Arkansas
  • Mississippi State: Ole Miss, Kentucky, Texas A&M
  • Alabama: Auburn, Tennessee, LSU
  • Auburn: Alabama, Georgia, Vanderbilt
  • Vanderbilt: Tennessee, Auburn, Missouri
  • Tennessee: Vanderbilt, Alabama, South Carolina
  • Kentucky: Mississippi State, South Carolina, Georgia
  • Georgia: Auburn, Florida, Kentucky
  • Florida: Georgia, South Carolina, Oklahoma
  • South Carolina: Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky

After looking this over, the Thanksgiving rivalry weekend games for the Western SEC schools would have to be: Texas/Arkansas, LSU/aggy, Oklahoma/Mizzou

5 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

After looking this over, the Thanksgiving rivalry weekend games for the Western SEC schools would have to be: Texas/Arkansas, LSU/aggy, Oklahoma/Mizzou

If you want ratings on rivalry weekend, LSU/Arkie would be solid, Texas/aggy would be outstanding and if Mizzou would play KU, then Bedlam is preserved.

On 2/22/2023 at 10:53 AM, TXSooner518 said:

Now, if you just want to go out and get shithoused Friday night and be able to sleep til noon, I guess sure, but I can do that any day. I wanna soak in the fair on OU-Texas day. 

Are you Mormon?   Do you soak in a carney trailer or somewhere more public like one of the rides?  With your sister?  Cousin?    So much to unpack here. I’m guessing on one of the rides because Sooners can soak with their sister in a trailer any day.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, jTower said:

If you want ratings on rivalry weekend, LSU/Arkie would be solid, Texas/aggy would be outstanding and if Mizzou would play KU, then Bedlam is preserved.

Agree but for that to happen LSU and Arkansas would have to be rivals, and in this model that is not the case.

47 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Given the last handful of times Arky has face raped Texas, if they’re in permanent pod Texas will need to man fucking up and get a lot better vs run. 

Arky has gotten us the last two times we had 6 and 8 scholarship OLinemen respectively, and all of them sucked. Our QBs in those games were Tyrone Swoops and Hudson Card pissing down his leg in his first road game. Next time we play, they are going to be looking at an entirely different team.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Arky has gotten us the last two times we had 6 and 8 scholarship OLinemen respectively, and all of them sucked. Our QBs in those games were Tyrone Swoops and Hudson Card pissing down his leg in his first road game. Next time we play, they are going to be looking at an entirely different team.

lol.  oh yes, poor Texas against the mighty Razorbacks and their 40 future NFL players.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

18 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So…..like their suggestion box?

BA9DC845-3340-46DA-8F23-E08715B94F90.thumb.jpeg.6f37e6f10e18c5f647458d38ff498bc0.jpeg

Edited by B00M
Aggy’s preferred suggestion box, it soothes the hemorrhoids … Mizzou is just always in this position after shredding their ACLs on their trash turf
  • Haha 3

I know this link was posted before but no one noticed this…

https://www.si.com/college/2023/03/03/alabama-coach-nick-saban-not-fan-proposed-2024-opponents-sec-schedule

The SEC’s exact 10-year metric is unclear. But using league records from 2013 to ’22, the top-half finishers in winning percentage are Alabama (88.8), Georgia (79), Oklahoma (78.2), LSU (63.4), Florida (57.3), Texas (54.3), Auburn (53.6) and Texas A&M (53). The bottom half is Missouri (47.5), Mississippi State (46.3), Ole Miss (44.4), Tennessee and South Carolina (both 41.4), Kentucky (39), Arkansas (25.6) and Vanderbilt (19.7). Big 12 records were used for Oklahoma and Texas.

So using this aggy is the #8 team in the new SEC while Tennessee is tied for #12.

You take out Tennessee and sub in aggy and everyone in the top 8 plays 2 others in the top 8 and 1 in the bottom 8

Florida: #2Georgia/#3Oklahoma (#12SC) = avg ranking of rivals 5.66
Auburn: Alabama/Georgia (Vandy) = 6.33
LSU: Alabama/aggy (Ole Miss) = 6.66
Oklahoma: Texas/Florida (Mizzou) =6.66
aggy: Texas/LSU (MSU) = 6.66
Alabama: LSU/Auburn (Tennessee) = 7.66
Texas: Oklahoma/aggy. (Arkansas) = 8
Georgia: Florida/Auburn (Kentucky) = 9

So Florida here has the biggest complaint not Bama. UF only has a single team they consider a “rival” as their new official rivals and has the toughest schedule.

The rest are all near that 6.66 avg. Auburn a little tougher and Alabama/Texas a little weaker due their historic/geographical rivals. The real head scratcher here is Georgia. If they gave South Carolina/Georgia and Kentucky/Florida then Florida’s avg would be 6.33 and Georgia’s would be 8 which would shrink the range between these two by 1.66

5 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Given the last handful of times Arky has face raped Texas, if they’re in permanent pod Texas will need to man fucking up and get a lot better vs run. 

We did really suck when we played them but I also think Texas players really didn't get just how much that school circles beating Texas. It was a perfect recipe last season. I don't think we're losing every time we roll into Fayettenam but we're going to split some for sure. A handcuffed VY in 2004 almost lost to them up there. I think once we're in the SEC, we'll get just how much they hate us and it won't be the utter shellshocking that each trip seems to be recently. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We did really suck when we played them but I also think Texas players really didn't get just how much that school circles beating Texas. It was a perfect recipe last season. I don't think we're losing every time we roll into Fayettenam but we're going to split some for sure. A handcuffed VY in 2004 almost lost to them up there. I think once we're in the SEC, we'll get just how much they hate us and it won't be the utter shellshocking that each trip seems to be recently. 

Bingo. Sark, unfortunately, took a very laid back approach to that game. Like a poor man’s OU, piggy’s entire existence revolves around beating Texas. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Dirt Burglars for LSU?

This does not please me.

Well I missed the shoe game but I went to the last one, fucking bullshit loss defense sucked but we got a pick late and it was overturned.

Went to 2017 when McPherson missed a fucking XP and we played like complete shit to lose 16-17.

Went all the way to Gainesville from Austin to find out 2016 was cancelled fucking hurricane.

I'm just personally sick of LSU - Florida

15 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Right Right Right Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Edited by Loop 1604
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Don't make this hard on yourselves.

Brent Z's source is almost certainly John Sharp. Brent says we're playing aggy every year on Thanksgiving. It's happening. Everything else is noise. 

As it should be, let’s put a stop to their crawfishing on playing us ever again even after we offered recently, they said no.  Beat their ass in front of the whole college football audience on Thanksgiving day a big majority of the time.  No way college station can recruit at the same level as UT in the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

As it should be, let’s put a stop to their crawfishing on playing us ever again even after we offered recently, they said no.  Beat their ass in front of the whole college football audience on Thanksgiving day a big majority of the time.  No way college station can recruit at the same level as UT in the SEC. 

It’s still a hell hole, but the SEC move has resulted in some CS upgrades. The George is a solid 4 star hotel. If you absolutely must stay in CS overnight, stay at the George.

I’m sure we’ll take it over and they’ll lose their goddamned minds. Oh well, they’ll always have the shitty Hilton.

my modest proposal

Screenshot_20230305_173614_RetroBowl.thumb.jpg.f5fd219ca026535da06b9f644777fc0d.jpg

I mean, it's all pretty obvious, no?

East division is for teams in the East.

West division is for teams in the West.

Poors division is Mississippi and Alabama.

Lame is for all the loser teams nobody gives a shit about.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

• immamac changed the title to New SEC divisions and pods thread (Page 30 starts recent discussion)