New SEC divisions and pods thread (Page 30 starts recent discussion)

mdmost

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

no-sir-i-dont-like-it.gif.0044b9bf0adadf8bb5dfc98cba4536e7.gif

Skipped around and these twats mention lsu and aggy constantly after the initial Saban comments.

Also found the comment that Houston is all-aggy OFFENSIVE when there are more TEXAS fans in Houston than aggy, but Twat on left that also needs a haircut, and neither of these twats don't know shit about Houston, so they should just shut the fuck up about it.

Is Texas mentioned anywhere? 

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

I love how every SEC knob slobber assumes everything Saban says is gospel (in regards to bamas opponents), vs what it actually is, and that’s Sabans patented “steer the narrative through angry rants even though he might actually not know the facts”. The permanent opponents might not actually be set, but that won’t stop nick

7 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

no-sir-i-dont-like-it.gif.0044b9bf0adadf8bb5dfc98cba4536e7.gif

Skipped around and these twats mention lsu and aggy constantly after the initial Saban comments.

Also found the comment that Houston is all-aggy OFFENSIVE when there are more TEXAS fans in Houston than aggy, but Twat on left that also needs a haircut, and neither of these twats don't know shit about Houston, so they should just shut the fuck up about it.

Is Texas mentioned anywhere? 

Pos rep for “Mr. Horse” of Ren and Stimpy fame.

4 hours ago, OrangEngr said:

I love how every SEC knob slobber assumes everything Saban says is gospel (in regards to bamas opponents), vs what it actually is, and that’s Sabans patented “steer the narrative through angry rants even though he might actually not know the facts”. The permanent opponents might not actually be set, but that won’t stop nick

I mean Saban is not wrong. They are the only school playing 3 opponents with national championships in the BCS/CFP era. That being said, Alabama benefited every year since Saban got their by playing a weak ass Tennessee game while the other helmet schools that won titles played each other LSU/UF UGA/Auburn. It’s pussyshit to benefit from that arrangement for over a decade and then now bitch about it because Tennessee is suddenly good for the first time ever since you’ve been there.

At the end of the day this is all about money and I don’t think Bama is going to get out of playing LSU annually (which is what they are really trying to accomplish here).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

I mean Saban is not wrong. They are the only school playing 3 opponents with national championships in the BCS/CFP era. That being said, Alabama benefited every year since Saban got their by playing a weak ass Tennessee game while the other helmet schools that won titles played each other LSU/UF UGA/Auburn. It’s pussyshit to benefit from that arrangement for over a decade and then now bitch about it because Tennessee is suddenly good for the first time ever since you’ve been there.

At the end of the day this is all about money and I don’t think Bama is going to get out of playing LSU annually (which is what they are really trying to accomplish here).

I think Saban is looking for a gimme win here. MS State instead of LSU. I agree it’s a bitch move, but I recognize his strategy. 

Saban knows he’s can get any Louisiana recruit he wants because of what he’s built + proximity. He doesn’t need a game every year in Louisiana to dominate recruiting in the state. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/6/2023 at 5:18 PM, DFW Horn said:
Everybody talks about Bowie, Travis and Crockett but, to my way of thinking, James Butler Bonham was the most heroic. Bonham, who was boyhood friends with Travis in South Carolina (and whose whole reason for even being in Texas in the first place was because Travis had written him a letter the previous year that described a world of opportunity in Texas for enterprising young men like themselves ), was sent by Travis to obtain aid for the garrison at Bexar on about February 16, 1836. He visited Goliad, but the commander of the forces there, James Fannin, was unable to provide assistance. Bonham's spirit is best described by T.R. Fehrenbach in his Texas opus, Lone Star: A History of Texas and the Texans:

"At the end, the weary Bonham, a lawyer, a Carolinian of exulted family and a friend of Travis, turned his mount around and rode back toward San Antonio. He was told it was useless to throw away his life. He answered back that Buck Travis deserved to know the answer to his appeals, spat upon the ground, and galloped west into his own immortality."

Thus, Bonham returned to the Alamo on March 3, riding through a hail of Mexican bullets to do it. Imagine being him as he approached the Alamo. He could certainly see the huge Mexican Army and must have known that he faced death either trying to get back inside or in the battle that would certainly follow. He could have turned his horse around, gone back to Goliad or Gonzales, and nobody would have ever known.

James Butler Bonham died in the battle of the Alamo on March 6, 1836, aged 29. He is believed to have died manning one of the cannons.

Shooting Star GIF

Relatives even - cousins or second cousins?

On 3/6/2023 at 5:18 PM, DFW Horn said:
Everybody talks about Bowie, Travis and Crockett but, to my way of thinking, James Butler Bonham was the most heroic. Bonham, who was boyhood friends with Travis in South Carolina (and whose whole reason for even being in Texas in the first place was because Travis had written him a letter the previous year that described a world of opportunity in Texas for enterprising young men like themselves ), was sent by Travis to obtain aid for the garrison at Bexar on about February 16, 1836. He visited Goliad, but the commander of the forces there, James Fannin, was unable to provide assistance. Bonham's spirit is best described by T.R. Fehrenbach in his Texas opus, Lone Star: A History of Texas and the Texans:

"At the end, the weary Bonham, a lawyer, a Carolinian of exulted family and a friend of Travis, turned his mount around and rode back toward San Antonio. He was told it was useless to throw away his life. He answered back that Buck Travis deserved to know the answer to his appeals, spat upon the ground, and galloped west into his own immortality."

Thus, Bonham returned to the Alamo on March 3, riding through a hail of Mexican bullets to do it. Imagine being him as he approached the Alamo. He could certainly see the huge Mexican Army and must have known that he faced death either trying to get back inside or in the battle that would certainly follow. He could have turned his horse around, gone back to Goliad or Gonzales, and nobody would have ever known.

James Butler Bonham died in the battle of the Alamo on March 6, 1836, aged 29. He is believed to have died manning one of the cannons.

Shooting Star GIF

And they honored Bonham by naming San Antonio's most famous gay bar after him. 

• Haha 2

On 3/5/2023 at 8:35 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

It’s still a hell hole, but the SEC move has resulted in some CS upgrades. The George is a solid 4 star hotel. If you absolutely must stay in CS overnight, stay at the George.

I’m sure we’ll take it over and they’ll lose their goddamned minds. Oh well, they’ll always have the shitty Hilton.

Only way I’m spending the night there is in jail or the morgue….

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Only way I’m spending the night there is in jail or the morgue….

Yeah, you can hire Ubers by the hour now. I'd imagine that or car services will be the move for most of the Houston/Austin Texas fans/heavy drinkers. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

On 3/5/2023 at 7:38 PM, Rimbo said:

my modest proposal

Screenshot_20230305_173614_RetroBowl.thumb.jpg.f5fd219ca026535da06b9f644777fc0d.jpg

I mean, it's all pretty obvious, no?

East division is for teams in the East.

West division is for teams in the West.

Poors division is Mississippi and Alabama.

Lame is for all the loser teams nobody gives a shit about.

You could probably swap Vandy and S Carolina.

But then again, you don't have to.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Davis Lane said:

You could probably swap Vandy and S Carolina.

But then again, you don't have to.

I mean, Vandy is bad at football. But they're not lame, because they got that whole "great private school" thing, plus they're just SO bad they've wrapped around to being interesting again; those few times they are decent, the whole country wakes up and takes notice.

SoCar on the other hand will never be good. They're where good coaching careers go to die. And even if they've got a good season going, nobody gives a shit. Nobody cares if they lose, either. NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE COCKS.

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I mean, Vandy is bad at football. But they're not lame, because they got that whole "great private school" thing, plus they're just SO bad they've wrapped around to being interesting again; those few times they are decent, the whole country wakes up and takes notice.

SoCar on the other hand will never be good. They're where good coaching careers go to die. And even if they've got a good season going, nobody gives a shit. Nobody cares if they lose, either. NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE COCKS.

Keep yelling it until you believe it, honcho…

4 hours ago, Rimbo said:

stoops.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

12 hours ago, nbmishoid said:

One of my sisters was in grad school at SC In Columbia, the year they won it all back in the late 70’s.  She said their main cheer was “Nobody can beat our ‘Cocks!”

Carry on.

What timeline are you posting from?USCe has never “won it all” and their first ten win season came in the 1980s. 

On 3/17/2023 at 3:47 PM, nbmishoid said:

One of my sisters was in grad school at SC In Columbia, the year they won it all back in the late 70’s.  She said their main cheer was “Nobody can beat our ‘Cocks!”

Carry on.

That's a remarkably dull joke even for South Carolina.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 9:11 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

i disagree.

it was contingent on sharp getting a call about 945am on that saturday morning and the entire aggy echochamber pivoting 90 degrees by lunch like the prior 36 hours had never happened.

Aggy found out the hard way that their place in the SEC pecking order is two tiers below Bama, UGA, Auburn, LSU, UF and the  Vols, and a tier below UK, Ole Miss and MSU.

They’re not even at the kids table.  They’re in the playpen with Vandy, Cocky, Arky, and Mizzou, waiting for the adults to tell them what to do.

The aggy public meltdown when their leadership realized they had no juice was one of the great side benefits of UT and OU making the move.  

Unintentional comedy at a very high level in a way that only aggy can deliver.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/5/2023 at 5:38 PM, Rimbo said:

my modest proposal

Screenshot_20230305_173614_RetroBowl.thumb.jpg.f5fd219ca026535da06b9f644777fc0d.jpg

I mean, it's all pretty obvious, no?

East division is for teams in the East.

West division is for teams in the West.

Poors division is Mississippi and Alabama.

Lame is for all the loser teams nobody gives a shit about.

I’m a fan this- love the Poors and Lame pods.  

My only suggestion would be switching Arky and aggy, since Arky has actually won a title since the start of WW2, whereas no one does consistent mediocrity like aggy.

1 hour ago, USC Traveler said:

I’m a fan this- love the Poors and Lame pods.  

My only suggestion would be switching Arky and aggy, since Arky has actually won a title since the start of WW2, whereas no one does consistent mediocrity like aggy.

yes but then i don't get to beat up their pansy asses twice a season

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, USC Traveler said:

Aggy found out the hard way that their place in the SEC pecking order is two tiers below Bama, UGA, Auburn, LSU, UF and the  Vols, and a tier below UK, Ole Miss and MSU.

They’re not even at the kids table.  They’re in the playpen with Vandy, Cocky, Arky, and Mizzou, waiting for the adults to tell them what to do.

The aggy public meltdown when their leadership realized they had no juice was one of the great side benefits of UT and OU making the move.  

Unintentional comedy at a very high level in a way that only aggy can deliver.

I've said for years that aggy is God's gift to unintentional comedy.

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And how many of those 38 are November FCS stat padding and rest games? 35?

Of the 3 seasons that Florida has 4 OOC games, all of them have an FCS game we can cancel.

Of course doing that would mean we are scheduling 12, 11, and 12 P5 teams those seasons.

08/31 - Miami (FL)
09/07 - Samford
10/05 - UCF
11/30 - at Florida State

09/06 - USF
09/20 - at Miami (FL)
10/11 - Florida A&M
11/29 - Florida State

09/05 - at NC State
09/12 - Campbell
09/19 - California
11/28 - at Florida State

It's good to finally see a list on where everyone sits going into next week:

9 Game Schedule:

Florida
Georgia
LSU
Missouri
Texas A&M

8 Game Schedule:

Arkansas
Kentucky
Mississippi State
South Carolina

On The Fence

Auburn
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Alabama*

Unknown

Vanderbilt

* It really looks like Saban is just posturing.  "If you schedule us with Tennessee, Auburn, and LSU, we'll vote 8. If you get rid of LSU and give us someone like Miss St, we'll vote 9."

The one angle I hadn't heard before of is the option to do a temp 8 game schedule for 2024/2025. Might be a good way to kick the can down the road a little and also separate out the negotiation with ESPN for adding OUT vs adding the 9th game.

• immamac changed the title to New SEC divisions and pods thread (Page 30 starts recent discussion)